Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
ITT we will try to use any method to try to prove the existence or non-existence of canines universe (that can be of any breed or type).

I'll first start with an argument against the existence of dogs. My argument is that there are many things in nature that are fixed laws (such as gravity, for example) and it all seems to work in a very fixed and specific way. I think it would be too much coincidence that wolves or foxes could just turn into dogs of their own accord. If these were made naturally and randomly, wouldn't the dogs of nature be constantly changing as well? Clearly, people with these animals have actually adopted dangerous wolves or foxes, and the worst part is that they have no idea and will talk for hours about how dogs are a real thing.

Sorry if I'm dumb. I'm not good with discussions and arguments but I'm trying to improve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
The existence of dogs is upheld by multiple pieces of literature.

Its all about your interpretation of small animals.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGjx--qRj_E

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

A False Dog.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
The bigger question is if dogs, like cats, are objectively valuable.

quote:

You ask: “We are assuming that you have an interest in cats, or was your subscription strictly objective?” My subscription was strictly objective because I have an interest in cats. I can demonstrate objectively that cats are of a great value, and the carter issue of Cat Fancy magazine can serve as part of the evidence. (“Objective” does not mean “disinterested” or indifferent; it means corresponding to the facts of reality and applies both to knowledge and to values.)

I subscribed to Cat Fancy primarily for the sake of the picture, and found the charter issue very interesting and enjoyable.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

ComradeCosmobot posted:

A Free Market of Internet Cats? The new Bitcoin is HERE!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

CommieGIR posted:

A False Dog.

I'm pretty sure that dude's real. And awesome; seriously, I just can't get over that goofy little guy.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?

CommieGIR posted:

A Free Market of Internet Cats? The new Bitcoin is HERE!

I have been trading bags of cats for drugs on the internet since the late 90s, and you'll note that my disbelief in dogs has never wavered.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I'm pretty sure that dude's real. And awesome; seriously, I just can't get over that goofy little guy.

That's just a hairy cat on drugs.

I have four cats. I have no dogs. Checkmate, Venitians :smug:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Cats are the anti-dog, and since cats exist we must conclude that dogs exist.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Heretic

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Ain't give a drat. He's a good dog yes he is, yes he is.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Ain't give a drat. He's a good dog yes he is, yes he is.

Your Dog is an awesome dog?

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

quote:

Some historians have noted the similarities between the life and teachings of Jesus and those of the Cynics. Some scholars have argued that the Q document, a hypothetical common source for the gospels of Matthew and Luke, has strong similarities with the teachings of the Cynics.[69][70] Scholars on the quest for the historical Jesus, such as Burton L. Mack and John Dominic Crossan of the Jesus Seminar, have argued that 1st century AD Galilee was a world in which Hellenistic ideas collided with Jewish thought and traditions. The city of Gadara, only a day's walk from Nazareth, was particularly notable as a centre of Cynic philosophy,[71] and Mack has described Jesus as a "rather normal Cynic-type figure."[72] For Crossan, Jesus was more like a Cynic sage from an Hellenistic Jewish tradition than either a Christ who would die as a substitute for sinners or a Messiah who wanted to establish an independent Jewish state of Israel.[73] Other scholars doubt that Jesus was deeply influenced by the Cynics, and see the Jewish prophetic tradition as of much greater importance.[74].

Enjoy hell, cat lovers.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

CommieGIR posted:

Your Dog is an awesome dog?

He's all of our Dog, when you really think about it. You see, it all goes back to the concept of Floiós...

karlor
Apr 15, 2014

:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
College Slice

http://i.imgur.com/gMQvPwR.gifv

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)
I have faith, not pwoof.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Caninesis 6:13 posted:

And Dog said runto Roah, The rend of rall resh is rome refore me; for ra rearth is rilled rith riolence roo rem; rand, rehold, I rill restroy rem rith ra rearth.

Caninesis 6:14 posted:

Rake ree an arf of ropher rood; rooms ralt rou rake in the arf, and ralt ritch it rithin and rithout rith ritch.

King Danes, of roarse.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Bob James posted:

King Danes, of roarse.

He was commanded by the great bone.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Cats are Objectivists, as we all know.

It follows from the self-identity of cats that their opposite, the altruistic dog, must exist. It is known.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Dogs are the ultimate prole and thus the ideal of Marxist-Leninist thought.

• Locked thread