Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
First off, welcome. And thanks for agreeing to help us test Gmail. By now you probably know the key ways in which Gmail differs from traditional webmail services. Searching instead of filing. A free gigabyte of storage. Messages displayed in context as conversations.

So what else is new?

Gmail has many other special features that will become apparent as you use your account. To help you get started, we encourage you to visit our Help Center, there you can browse frequently asked questions, read our Getting Started guide, or contact the Gmail User Support Team. You'll also find information in the Help Center on such topics as:

Importing your contacts from Yahoo! Mail, Outlook, and others to Gmail
Using address auto-complete
Setting up filters for incoming mail
Using advanced search options
You may also have noticed some text ads or related links to the right of this message. They're placed there in the same way that ads are placed alongside Google search results and, through our AdSense program, on content pages across the web. The matching of ads to content in your Gmail messages is performed entirely by computers; never by people. Because the ads and links are matched to information that is of interest to you, we hope you'll find them relevant and useful.

We're working hard during our limited test to improve Gmail and make it the best webmail service around. Thanks for taking the plunge with us. We hope you'll enjoy Google's approach to email.

Thanks,

The Gmail Team

P.S. You can sign in to your account any time by visiting http://gmail.google.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

anybody got an invite key

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

As a Millennial I posted:

anybody got an invite key

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Ground floor.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
i'm really excited for this. i think google is really gonna shake things up. they know their poo poo

pram
Jun 10, 2001
mine is different because i joined earlier :smuggo:

quote:

First off, welcome. And thanks for agreeing to help us test Gmail. By now you probably know the key ways in which Gmail differs from traditional webmail services. Searching instead of filing. A free gigabyte of storage. Messages displayed in context as conversations.

So what else is new?

Gmail has many other special features that will become apparent as you use your account. You’ll find answers to most of your questions in our searchable help section, which includes a Getting Started guide. You'll find information there on such topics as:

How to use address auto-complete
Setting up filters for incoming mail
Using advanced search options
You may also have noticed some text ads or related links to the right of this message. They're placed there in the same way that ads are placed alongside Google search results and, through our AdSense program, on content pages across the web. The matching of ads to content in your Gmail messages is performed entirely by computers; never by people. Because the ads and links are matched to information that is of interest to you, we hope you'll find them relevant and useful.

You're one of the very first people to use Gmail. Your input will help determine how it evolves, so we encourage you to send your feedback, suggestions and questions to us. But mostly, we hope you'll enjoy experimenting with Google's approach to email.

Speedy Delivery,

The Gmail Team

p.s. You can sign in to your account any time by visiting http://gmail.google.com

You're one of the very first people to use Gmail.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
No wireless. Less space than a Nomad. Lame.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

dont use gmail op

pram
Jun 10, 2001
man it feels epic to have one of the first gmail welcome messages.. like a low icq number

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

a tastemaker

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

theadder posted:

dont use gmail op

i understand that a lot of people are weirded out by them reading your emails but it's really not that weird when you think about it plus you get a whole gig of email. that's crazy. i think this will catch on, personally

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
my first email in gmail isnt a welcome letter, but its a bunch of Nokia S60 apps being sent round

pram
Jun 10, 2001
sounds like yr an irredeemable noob failtard

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

google bring back the old terminal skin

signed, the world

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
the very first archived e-mail i have in my gmail inbox is a "you changed your e-mail address" notification from blizzard :saddowns:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Phoenixan posted:

the very first archived e-mail i have in my gmail inbox is a "you changed your e-mail address" notification from blizzard :saddowns:

mine is a registration email to livejournal

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
i legit didn't even remember that i had a livejournal. i went and checked it out and it was just two posts to the effect of 'lol first post'

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:bsdsnype:

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

qfb

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i think the forums are hosed up

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
go back to livejournal

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Necc0 posted:

i legit didn't even remember that i had a livejournal. i went and checked it out and it was just two posts to the effect of 'lol first post'

i had a live joirneal to post crap to woo my hike school girlf riend

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
yea thats right u acne riddled obese goon lord impotent noobs: this worthless kyke had a pair of tits on his balls in highschool, and guess what: i went to prom and homecoming. suck my dick. i owned you in high school, i own you in college (?) and i own you now in happiness per capita. boston, bicyles, etc FTW. i hang out with creatine IRL and have severe brain damage

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
can sum1 please post the original gdw post please

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pram posted:

i think the forums are hosed up

no poo poo???

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yeah maybe someone should lol .tell lowtax

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
paging richard

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
get out here dick

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hilarious that 10 years later lots of terrible orgs on Exchange don't give people that much storage

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I squatted on firstinitiallastname@outlook.com but someone else has that one now since I didn't log in for like 180 days. From the company that won't let you ever get your original Xbox Live Gamertag back, we'll let someone else sign up for your email account that is getting emails.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
outlook emails expire? lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I still have my original welcome email from 2004

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

triple sulk posted:

I still have my original welcome email from 2004

wats it called so i can esreach for it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
dont fking replly "OP IS GAY" u peice of poo poo

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Hed posted:

I squatted on firstinitiallastname@outlook.com but someone else has that one now since I didn't log in for like 180 days. From the company that won't let you ever get your original Xbox Live Gamertag back, we'll let someone else sign up for your email account that is getting emails.

I'm confused on if you had that literal email or if its a substitution for a different address.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Smythe the email is the topic name.

Sorry that was an expression, but next time someone launches a new email service I am going to try to get literally the one I wrote above.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
As you're using Gmail, you might also see some ads or related links. We believe that you shouldn't have to share your inbox with large, blinking, irrelevant ads. Gmail's small text ads are matched by computers, and designed to be relevant to the messages you're viewing. Which means for once, you might even find ads to be interesting and useful.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Hed posted:

Smythe the email is the topic name.

Sorry that was an expression, but next time someone launches a new email service I am going to try to get literally the one I wrote above.

thanks

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Smythe posted:

dont fking replly "OP IS GAY" u peice of poo poo

Wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
thanks to that dudes insanely helpful reply i discovered i got mine in 8/20/04

• Locked thread