Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Whenever I go see a movie during the previews and into the first few minutes of the film I get this overwhelming urge to cry. Not related to the content of the film or anything and it only seems to happen in bigger theaters. It's like I'm a little kid and the bright lights and loud noises scare me or something but I don't actually know why I want to cry. I'm not usually a big crier so this is kind of weird. Does this happen to anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
some repressed issues from the past rearing their ugly head.

sounds like you have PTSD, sorry dude

Eerkik
Feb 13, 2010
No but I don't go to movie theatres because sitting still for 2 hours is loving impossible and the enviroment bugs me a lot and there's a lot of people around so I get anxious

You should avoid movie theatres too probably unless you don't mind crying in public, its good for you! and maybe see a therapist because there's no shame in it and I hear they can do a world of good, do you have problems (not that this is a problem imo) like this elsewhere?

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
This guy'll go to the movies with you.

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

Eerkik posted:

No but I don't go to movie theatres because sitting still for 2 hours is loving impossible and the enviroment bugs me a lot and there's a lot of people around so I get anxious

hahahaha gbs posters are literally toddlers (not me though im cool)

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
if you're not traumatized by a movie is how you know the director sucks

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
are you with other people? if I went to a theater alone the fact I just basically paid to sit alone in a darkened room while pictures and sounds are blasted at me might be a little tough to get past

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I love going to the movies tbh I'm going to be sad when Netflix-HBO-X-Box-All-in-One Surround-Entertainment-and-Masturbator System finally kills theaters

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I'm the opposite, whenever it gets to the big dramatic part and there is a silence as the lead actors tears begin to fall and the audience is on the edge of there seats i start gigglin away :mmmhmm: I dont mean to its just so cool and shocking for the audience to see the one dude who is better than them havin a laugh :mmmhmm:

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
wow, amazing, just guess what this amazing screen cap is from in quentin tarintino's first filmed appearance!@

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

I tear up at the epicness of some things so trailers have been known to get me going, yeah.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Yeah I'm with other people. I've never gone to the movies by myself. I have pretty bad OCD and anxiety in general but I don't think they're related. I wonder if it's because I miss my ex I always used to go to the movies with. I would get therapy but even with my insurance it's $75 a sesh. I was kind of hoping this was one of those things that was secretly somewhat common. Like when those weirdos get aroused when women speak in surround sound and crinkle paper.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Sharzak posted:

Whenever I go see a movie during the previews and into the first few minutes of the film I get this overwhelming urge to cry. Not related to the content of the film or anything and it only seems to happen in bigger theaters. It's like I'm a little kid and the bright lights and loud noises scare me or something but I don't actually know why I want to cry. I'm not usually a big crier so this is kind of weird. Does this happen to anyone else?

Its the SSRIs. Theres a war on for your mind PRISINPLANETDOTCOMPRISIIN PLANET DOT CUM

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Kids in two generations are not going to believe we used to go out and watch a movie you can't pause or adjust in a crowd of strangers while eating lovely overpriced snacks like it was some kinda sporting event. They're just gonna be like "how dumb are you, why wouldn't you stay home and watch a personalized entertainment playlist on your infoglasses while the housebot jerks you off?"

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Sharzak posted:

Yeah I'm with other people. I've never gone to the movies by myself. I have pretty bad OCD and anxiety in general but I don't think they're related.

lol you fuckin human being bitch come outside and you'll get owned so hard

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Sharzak posted:

Yeah I'm with other people. I've never gone to the movies by myself. I have pretty bad OCD and anxiety in general but I don't think they're related. I wonder if it's because I miss my ex I always used to go to the movies with. I would get therapy but even with my insurance it's $75 a sesh. I was kind of hoping this was one of those things that was secretly somewhat common. Like when those weirdos get aroused when women speak in surround sound and crinkle paper.

hmm yes uh huh go on...such a great fascinating story how u cry at trailers for movies u weird lil shrew of abit ch

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Harime Nui posted:

Kids in two generations are not going to believe we used to go out and watch a movie you can't pause or adjust in a crowd of strangers while eating lovely overpriced snacks like it was some kinda sporting event. They're just gonna be like "how dumb are you, why wouldn't you stay home and watch a personalized entertainment playlist on your infoglasses while the housebot jerks you off?"

I would be rather scared that the early model housebots would accidentally rip my dick off.

Hamish Campbell
Jan 2, 2006

At least we didn't get dressed up for nothin'
Your might be depressed OP. You should see a doctor as soon as you can.

Or go buy a gun cause this is America

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
I tear up in theaters

I tear poo poo up in theaters

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
movie theaters bring me back to my early high school days when all you needed was a dark semi-private place to fondle your dates genitals

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Literal Carehaver posted:

movie theaters bring me back to my early high school days when all you needed was a dark semi-private place to fondle your dates genitals

but when you got the uncontrollable urge to cry, what did u do ?

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

echronorian posted:

but when you got the uncontrollable urge to cry, what did u do ?

duh i channeled those emotions in a more productive way by bringing my date to an awkward shuddering orgasm while a family of four was literally right in front of us

ah to be young again... risking police reports in the name of getting off

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I miss you Mary Catherine

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Is it because you feel you have no other legitimate forum for emotional release?

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
It's because you have autism, OP, and have sensory overload which you don't know how to react to. Best to go back watching anime on your monitor.

killaer
Aug 4, 2007

Justin Godscock posted:

It's because you have autism, OP, and have sensory overload which you don't know how to react to. Best to go back watching anime on your monitor.

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

Steampunk iPhone posted:

im cool also, if anyone was wondering

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Could be infrasound; do you have weird hearing?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound#Human_reactions

Some people simply have that reaction in acoustically designed spaces, e.g. cathedrals, concert halls, etc.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Sad brain.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Scaramouche posted:

Some people simply have that reaction in acoustically designed spaces, e.g. cathedrals, concert halls, etc.

Infrasound is the worst super power ever

ZergRushing
Oct 1, 2004
repressed memories from when spieldberg raped you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pZekhEWCHg

Eerkik
Feb 13, 2010

Steampunk iPhone posted:

movies are boring, long and expensive anyway, go to something cool like a (music) show why don't you

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Its probably the fart fumes.

I dunno.

:shrug:

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Scaramouche posted:

This is interesting. My hearing is in fact quite weird and has gotten weirder.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Sharzak posted:

This is interesting. My hearing is in fact quite weird and has gotten weirder.

That's just your hypervigilance.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Sharzak posted:

Stop sitting on your balls.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Beta thread

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009
**In a world where Pussies tear up...**

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I cried during Interstellar, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
either u are a manchurian candidate, have seasonal affective disorder, a vitamin d deficiency, or have been abducted by aliens

• Locked thread