Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Whenever I go see a movie during the previews and into the first few minutes of the film I get this overwhelming urge to cry. Not related to the content of the film or anything and it only seems to happen in bigger theaters. It's like I'm a little kid and the bright lights and loud noises scare me or something but I don't actually know why I want to cry. I'm not usually a big crier so this is kind of weird. Does this happen to anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Yeah I'm with other people. I've never gone to the movies by myself. I have pretty bad OCD and anxiety in general but I don't think they're related. I wonder if it's because I miss my ex I always used to go to the movies with. I would get therapy but even with my insurance it's $75 a sesh. I was kind of hoping this was one of those things that was secretly somewhat common. Like when those weirdos get aroused when women speak in surround sound and crinkle paper.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I miss you Mary Catherine

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Scaramouche posted:

Could be infrasound; do you have weird hearing?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound#Human_reactions

Some people simply have that reaction in acoustically designed spaces, e.g. cathedrals, concert halls, etc.

This is interesting. My hearing is in fact quite weird and has gotten weirder.

• Locked thread