Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
so i just watched the motion picture "Source Code" wherein a dude keeps getting sent back in time to solve a mystery! to do this he takes control of another person and becomes them (like, still looks like them but is Mr. Gyllenhaalopolis in mind!). in the end he links onto a different thread of time and literally becomes this other dude for all time. which made me laugh and think that i'd love to see THAT movie!

its like a wacky freaky friday or trading places sort of thing wherein traumatized veteran Gyllenhalal has to live out the rest of his days as a history teacher trying to keep up this absurd idea of a relationship with a person who has know him for weeks while he's know her less than an hour. like, they're literally on their way to their jobs! what is this guy gonna do? he doesn't know anything about his class, his students, his coworkers, his school, where he even lives (he has a drivers license, but if he's in the body of a goon idiot like me he hasn't updated his address so good luck!). WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO TALK ABOUT DURING COFFEE? plus if he's like gently caress it, i'll just go back to piloting or whatever there's no way the girl would just go for him being someone completely different so the whole reason he stayed (besides daddy issues/wanting to live) would be moot! to get even more into it, if he doesn't try to live out at least some semblance of this dude's life then he's basically a straight up murderer who asked to kill the dude whose body he's in so he could straight steal it. that's some cold blooded poo poo! like the dude he's in parents would be all upset cuz their son was like "peace, i don't know you!" plus the torture of hime being in a world with his father where he can't be like "yo, you're mah dads!" and if he did that dad would be like "stop tormenting me over mah dead sons! i don't know what to believe! i can't replace ALL the family photos!" is hilarious. in summary the dude is hosed. he even gave away the last of his cash to that comedian. how's he gonna eat?

i was wondering if there were any other movies with fun, stupidly set up endings that would lead to absurdly great sequels? maybe other than all action/fugitive movies wherein the good guy like breaks every law, beats up cops, and would be so utterly hosed after "they win." cheers.

edit: sequels, people! pontificate upon the story of what happens next don't just be like "poo poo was hosed up after godzilla tore manhattan apart and laid all those eggs right?" please? thank you! (remember this is for a Respected Comedy Website)

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Dec 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
every movie goons like

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Seems like someone should have called the cops at some point during the ending of "roadhouse".

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

SLC punk had the worstr goddamn ending of any movie ive ever seen

drquasius
Dec 25, 2004
loving ending of the Sixth Sence! Jezus.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
At the end of Zodiac, the text on the epilogue cards were hard to read.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Wait, so was that long spoiler text about Gyllenhall taking over that body actually a movie? Or was this an idea you had? tbh I found it interesting and I'd like to wact hit if it exists.

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i really appreciate and respect your content creation efforts op and to encourage this i have given your thread a rating of five, the highest rating available.

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm

This was such bullshit.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Not a movie though.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

burritolingus posted:

Not a movie though.

It could be...

quote:

Scott Bakula said during the TV Guide panel at the 2010 San Diego Comic-Con International that series creator Donald Bellisario was "working on a script" for a projected Quantum Leap feature film.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Wait, so was that long spoiler text about Gyllenhall taking over that body actually a movie? Or was this an idea you had? tbh I found it interesting and I'd like to wact hit if it exists.

that's how the movie "Source Code" ends. so i want to see the sequel where he like has to deal with that.

e: the movie ends with gyllenholiday and this chick who thinks he someone else out on a lame date immediately after he saves the day. like his plan to live worked and now he's this dude named sean and is trying to bang sean's gf. that's what i want to see. stranger tricking girl into sex, hilarious bad traumatized teacher antics, and a horrible complicated mess with daddy issues. that'd be funny.

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Dec 24, 2014

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
You guys see Synecdoche, New York? What the hell was happening at the end of that movie?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

RaySmuckles posted:

that's how the movie "Source Code" ends. so i want to see the sequel where he like has to deal with that.

This reply clarified nothing for me

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm
Pretty much every story resolution in Love Actually.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
28 Days Later

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Superman had a poo poo end to it.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

put adam sandler in place of bill murray except the day never ends because nobody likes adam sandler

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

RaySmuckles posted:

e: the movie ends with gyllenholiday and this chick who thinks he someone else out on a lame date immediately after he saves the day. like his plan to live worked and now he's this dude named sean and is trying to bang sean's gf. that's what i want to see. stranger tricking girl into sex, hilarious bad traumatized teacher antics, and a horrible complicated mess with daddy issues. that'd be funny.

lol thats really similar to the plot of another gyllenhaal joint, enemy right down to the teacher thing

2 bad the movie blows tho

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Deck the Halls, because motherfuck every second of that movie, but the ending somehow made me even madder.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
in friday with ice cube at the end smokey addresses the audience directly, completely breaking my immersion. please get smg in here to sort this out by explaining that smokey is in fact accusing me of being a weak willed bourgeoisie fool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
the worst ending of all time was Mean Girls

• Locked thread