Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
How does Wario get fat? In hit GameBoy Advanced game Wario Land: 4, when Wario eats an apple he gets fat. How does he get fat? I love apples and eat them a lot, but have n't gotten any fatter from them, and I am wondering how Wario does when he eats just the one. Please help me figure this out, I want to become more like my video gaming hero, Wario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
wario is a goon

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Xaris posted:

wario is a goon

I'm a goon too, but am disgustingly skinny, and would like to change that. When you put a flashlight to my stomach you can see my intestines, like if I were a tadpole. Please help me become fat, like Wario does, when he eats the apple. No trolling please.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I believe wario has an unusual digestive system, since he produces a prodigious amount of flatulence. perhaps you should look to biology to discover how to more efficiently digest the apples

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

he eats garlic as big as his head

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Don't stop I'm so close

demons.
Apr 20, 2012

HIV-related excess belly fat.

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope
in wario land 2 he eats cakes to get fat, have you tried that yet

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

demons. posted:

HIV-related excess belly fat.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Heavy Lobster posted:

I'm a goon too, but am disgustingly skinny, and would like to change that. When you put a flashlight to my stomach you can see my intestines, like if I were a tadpole. Please help me become fat, like Wario does, when he eats the apple. No trolling please.

For the love of Lowtax, it's blatantly obvious that goons are split into two groups, Warios and Waluigis. Your disgusting skeletal body that refuses to get fat from the most basic fattening foodstuffs is an obvious indication that you are a Waluigi.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bolverkur posted:

For the love of Lowtax, it's blatantly obvious that goons are split into two groups, Warios and Waluigis. Your disgusting skeletal body that refuses to get fat from the most basic fattening foodstuffs is an obvious indication that you are a Waluigi.
Waluigi is the ultimate example of the individual shaped by the signifier. Waluigi is a man seen only in mirror images; lost in a hall of mirrors he is a reflection of a reflection of a reflection. You start with Mario – the wholesome all Italian plumbing superman, you reflect him to create Luigi – the same thing but slightly less. You invert Mario to create Wario – Mario turned septic and libertarian – then you reflect the inversion in the reflection: you create a being who can only exist in reference to others. Waluigi is the true nowhere man, without the other characters he reflects, inverts and parodies he has no reason to exist. Waluigi’s identity only comes from what and who he isn’t - without a wider frame of reference he is nothing. He is not his own man. In a world where our identities are shaped by our warped relationships to brands and commerce we are all Waluigi.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Do you have a problem with fat people, OP? What business is it of yours how Wario keeps his body? Why not gently caress off?

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Do you have a problem with fat people, OP? What business is it of yours how Wario keeps his body? Why not gently caress off?

If you read my post, you would learn that I aspire to be fat, like Wario. Please, help me.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

medibot posted:

in wario land 2 he eats cakes to get fat, have you tried that yet

This is true, and thank you for trying to help, but I did specifically ask how to get fat like Wario does from apples in Wario Land: 4. I appreciate the gesture, but am seeking a different sort of advice.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Heavy Lobster posted:

This is true, and thank you for trying to help, but I did specifically ask how to get fat like Wario does from apples in Wario Land: 4. I appreciate the gesture, but am seeking a different sort of advice.

The apples are about half the size of his body if I remember right so I assume it's just a pure mass on mass thing.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Wormskull posted:

The apples are about half the size of his body if I remember right so I assume it's just a pure mass on mass thing.

Thank you for this! I had not considered the relative size of the food in relation to his body, before now. I think that finding an apple that large will be difficult, perhaps even more difficult than finding a solution to my first problem (ha-ha, just a little forums humor there :-)), but it feels very good to have some direction.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
he eats lots of chili dogs. wario likes chili dogs.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
looking at warioware i wonder how wario fell in with the hipster crowd.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Lamebot posted:

All of Wario's friends are incredibly authentic, you'll find.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lamebot posted:

He and his brothers grew up in Brooklyn.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sorry if I don't like my men shaped like 12 year old boys.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Sorry if I don't like my men shaped like 12 year old boys.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

you always see garlic associated with wario and with good reason, garlic is a superfood befitting a super character (like wario)

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Wario's stomach works like a weird inverse katamari damacy. I'd suggest starting by eating an unraveled roll of duct tape, OP.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
[me, Wario, and the fat Shy Guy unload a million round magazine into the dumbass geek OP]

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fargield posted:

[me, Wario, and the fat Shy Guy unload a million round magazine into the dumbass geek OP]

Watches with great satisfaction from a few feet away.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Fargield posted:

(In a Star Wolf voice) No way!! I don't believe it!!

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

speaking as a naturally fat gay man, I can't actually lose weight and have to live my entire life fat and gay. but I'm happy in the end so you just have to learn to love yourself, OP

wario loves himself too, after all. he's got a goal in life and a lot of money and everyone loves him despite his lethargic metabolism. that my friend is a prime example of self respect.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Fargield posted:

fat shy guy is just called Fat Guy. i guess he's still shy since he wears the mask though

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Heavy Lobster posted:

How does Wario get fat?

he eat's a lot of pussy

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

gay skull posted:

speaking as a naturally fat gay man, I can't actually lose weight and have to live my entire life fat and gay. but I'm happy in the end so you just have to learn to love yourself, OP

wario loves himself too, after all. he's got a goal in life and a lot of money and everyone loves him despite his lethargic metabolism. that my friend is a prime example of self respect.

Thank you for this post. My search for an exceptionally large apple has not being going to well, and seeing this has really made me think: I should be more accepting of the way I am, today! :)

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
It's been a while since I played a proper Wario game, but I tried the Smash Brothers Motorcycle bulking diet and I didn't put on any weight at all, just got really bad gas. Stick to the apples and cakes.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Heavy Lobster posted:

Thank you for this post. My search for an exceptionally large apple has not being going to well, and seeing this has really made me think: I should be more accepting of the way I am, today! :)

While you have given up on it, I suggest the pumpkin as a very large healthy food, or perhaps a durian.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

While you have given up on it, I suggest the pumpkin as a very large healthy food, or perhaps a durian.

I am not sure if I have given up on my goal entirely, Doctor Goat, but I do know that my immense self-loathing has subsided considerably since taking into consideration the kind words of gay skull. Thank you for your advice, as well. In another video game not featuring Wario, Super Mario's Sunshine, popular character Yoshi can eat Durians, and the color of his skin changes into an – if I say so myself – good color. Maybe that can be me, too.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

The White Dragon posted:

he eat's a lot of pussy

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

he eats a shitton of garlic

read an instruction booklet sometime god drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Feelgood