Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Black Balloon posted:

I like this game but I don't know why. So many of the design decisions are completely indefensible.

Yeah, I beat both campaigns way back when, but never got all the secret stuff, nor did I beat all the optional fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Glazius posted:

Can the phantoms actually get experience, or is that a humans-only thing?

As I recall, there's a secret in the other scenario that you can only get by taking the weakest possible phantom, made with particular kartia to give it certain stats, and leveling it up until it has a high enough movement to reach a treasure before the time limit.

Sazero posted:

Well, as we'll discover, the game is quite unpolished with the lesser important things. For example Toxa's chapter 2 title card, reads chapter 3. It's wildly inconsistent, so I'm not surprised that all the music didn't make it to the soundtrack disc.

I'm pretty sure that's actually because the chapters are split between the protagonists and so Toxa gets chapter 1, then Lacryma gets 2, and then Toxa gets 3, and so on. That's how I understood it when I played, anyway.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Dec 30, 2014

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

It's been too long and I can't remember the specifics, though someone else might.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

The # Mark on the bottom left of the post should have you covered.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

EggsAisle posted:

I like how this game uses the monologue screens. They're a good way to show the characters reflecting on the events of the story as it progresses.

I especially like how those screens are from the perspectives of more than just one character. They could have had them all be Toxa, but the game recognizes that he's not the only one with anything interesting to say and so it gives them the mic. Hell, Toxa hasn't even had one yet. If he hadn't been the person you picked at the character select screen and wasn't being set up for a Hero's Journey, you might not realize he's the main character here.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

This really does give us a lot of insight into what's happening in the other campaign. I forget if the reverse is true.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Zakuro, if you already stole this poo poo, why are you still hanging around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

AltaBrown posted:

Oh, please let this push the thread to a new page!

Here you go.

• Locked thread