Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

I like this game but I don't know why. So many of the design decisions are completely indefensible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Troy is a good character.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Lacryma

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

God Amano is terrible at expressions. Ugh. It really can't be stated enough, I think.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

I really love this game's music, and Saradiart has a great track.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

There's only 3 or 4 enemy themes, but there's like ... off the top of my head, I want to say 7 or 8 for the player turns? But they do sometimes start to feel samey at times just because they rely so heavily on the same leitmotif, and some songs just don't utilize it as well.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

I don't think Kun has it in him to goad anyone.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

There is a Silk text, Ultra, which always gives +3.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

SSNeoman posted:

Would those dudes do the same amount of damage to Toxa with those spells or would he just shrug it off and then wipe em out?

Toxa's resistances are not super remarkable, so even he would get beaten up pretty badly by a couple of Takeru Thunders. Human enemies become increasingly threatening because of the spells they get access to. Throwing in something to give resistance to all elements, like the Buddha gear that I think Posha was equipped with can be very worthwhile. Physical attacks just aren't very threatening, especially with a Dream sword that can heal you with each counterattack.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Kartia would be a better game if the plot started somewhat earlier than two-thirds of the way in.

I still enjoy it for some reason :negative:

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Yes, Bach is one of the best characters in the game. Gameplay and story integration!

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

I only generally remember the story for the latter parts of Kartia, not so much a bunch of the specifics. The gameplay might not evolve much during the course of the game, but the story sure goes crazy places. I'm excited to see it play out again.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

SSNeoman posted:

I guess it's too much to hope for that you can use the Death kartia with Toxa in battles from now on?

Nope, kartia is consumed on use.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Really curious to see what all of this text is going to allow you to do.

Specifically, if you'll get to create that last phantom in the list. The last time I played this game was many years ago, and it was assumed to be impossible.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

I might have to replay the game just to tool around with the Fynus, now that it's known how to get it.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Eh, let's finish with Karis and co first.

Edit: Also rip Bachstail, too rad for this world

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Aug 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Well I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the game more, but thanks for doing the LP and showing this game off in such great detail. It was a pleasure to read it.

• Locked thread