Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Mordaedil posted:

The actual explanation is that Stalfos aren't undead soldiers, but a race of people with their own children, all cursed with immortality.
I think they're adorable personally :shobon: they got such big clumsy heads and rattly jaws, though Majora's Mask made them much more adorable.

Speaking of which HOLY poo poo GUYS FRIDAY 13th OF FEBRUARY WHO'S EXCITED FOR IT

CUZ I SURE AM :syoon:

Anyways uh yeah this game I really enjoyed playing a lot on the 3DS and I have to say I really did not think I would have fun with the gyro controls but oh my god it feels so much more easy to aim now with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

One of the few details I genuinely love about OoT.

The lighting changes depending on if you are inside the Master Sword chamber or not, it actually gets slightly brighter inside the chamber as opposed to being outside of it in the hall.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

death .cab for qt posted:

I forget, can you do anything with Flat and Sharp's poe souls?

Also, that red ice is actually just a form of transparent crystal which the Blue Flame can cleanse. It's why the ice is evil, and why the holy fire only melts the red ice :eng101:
I thought it was because blue fire is MUCH hotter than regular fire and that these were just giant magic bunsen burners :science101: but yeah it's probably just holy fire against evil Ganon-Ice(tm), specially packed from the Gerudo Desert.

Also I had no idea about Big Fairies :aaa: holy poo poo I have never known about them what the hell, I'm STILL learning things about this game. Also nice to finally see where those deku models were in OoT, the ones with the leaf-moustaches that were also in the Deku Palace court in Majora.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

When you catch the blue fire in a bottle it literally says it's a cool fire.
Well it is cool.

Really :coal:

I mean have you SEEN blue fire, have you ever been able to put it in a bottle and melt red ice with it?! poo poo if you could sell that to market you'd be swimming in rupees faster than a duck could.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Other games with door mimics include:

Luigi's Mansion

Final Fantasy 4

Mother 3

It's interesting it's not done more often.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

It's me, I'm the guy that never took the hoverboots off after getting them.
Was that because you wanted to just constantly sliiiiide into the room with your sweet shades and cool posing fingers? :coal:

Now that I think about it, I really wonder if anybody on the Dark Souls team got really inspired by the Shadow Temple since there's certainly a lot of ideas inbetween. I mean frankly Dead Hand is just a baby Nito in comparison, sorta surprised they didn't put a thing like him in their game.

PRAISE THE SUN! *plays Sun's Song*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Wally.

hi im terrible at this

• Locked thread