Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

roybot9000 posted:

Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time is the Gerudu male born once every 100 years and just happens to be possessed by or is the reincarnation of Demise. That's fine by me. The character is still their own and maybe even more tragic because of it. Maybe the next game won't have Ganon at all. Or just some poor rear end in a top hat who is Demise reborn and turns into a horrible pig monster. That would be fine too. Maybe that version of Ganon is Hylian or something. The Demise origin does allow for other villains besides Ganon which I am totally cool with.

Vaati?

E: Zelda Wiki tells me that a fan theory popped up that Ghirahim was hit by Demise's curse and Vaati is Ghirahim reincarnated. :raise:

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jan 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

There's always been sort of a timeline, at least since Ocarina of Time was clearly about the backstory of Link to the Past. Hard to deny the connection there.

But, some games were fit neatly into a timeline while others are more like a different story that happens to fit in the Zelda genre.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

When I was a kid, we were glad to get to play any game at all. There was no money for super ultra limited platinum gold releases. Heck, they didn't even exist.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Xalenda posted:

Hey y'all (eeee, talking to THORNBRAIN!!!!), first time poster on this here awesome site.

What's this I heard about no more Travis?!
Is it something we've done? Did we not love him enough?
WE LOVE YOU TRAVIS!!!!!

...come back to us...

(Also, we need more Olivia in the LPs, she's so cute!~)

Hahaha nobody will even notice he's gone. All their voices sound exactly the same anyway.
That's not true, I like your LPs, guys.

Also if you really think he's leaving you didn't listen to the video properly.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

As far as I know, at least one Great Fairy is required for finishing the game.

E: Oh, when you visit the second Fairy you say as much, contradicting your earlier statement. Okay whatever, ignore this then.

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 31, 2015

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

drat, the 3DS version makes Jabu Jabu look even worse, with all the tendrils in the 'corridors'.

I was impressed by how you beat the octopus miniboss so quickly the 'fair' way. It's quite hard to chase it without running into the inner ring's spikes. The easy way is just stunning it, wait until it does its spinny thing, and stun it again, and it will have it's back toward you like 50% of the time.

MelvinBison posted:

There was also a Jabu Jabu dungeon in Oracle of Ages.

Ah, yes, I remember that. The game that tried to explain the design difference between the evil Zoras in Link to the Past (Zolas according to some translations), that popped up out of the water and shot stuff at you and the good Zoras in OoT by saying OoT Zoras are sea zoras and the LttP ones are river zoras. This doesn't even make sense, it's not like the OoT Zoras live in the sea.

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 14, 2015

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

lovely game stories?

Well, like many people I chose games because they had nice box-art or I just got one as a birthday gift and my folks didn't know anything about them either.

The thing is, I got a few wordy RPG-like games and games were never translated to my language so I didn't understand a word of that foreign English crap and never got anywhere with those games and that sucked. True story.

---

Have I mentioned that I really like the way you've decided to show the lower screen? I've seen quite a few LPers hiding it completely when there's no action on that screen, but it's useful to just be able to see how many hearts you have and where you are on the map. It's also closer to playing the actual game. And having it in the corner there doesn't make it obnoxious either. So thanks for that.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

When you catch the blue fire in a bottle it literally says it's a cool fire.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

:eng101: The scarecrow won't actually accept a song that's entirely made out of one note. It tells you to be more original or something.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I always figured that Twinrova's halos and them going up 'into heaven' is just a generic Japanese thing, where they take christian imagery to represent death or whatever without really looking at the details of what it really means. This kind of stuff seems to happen a lot in Japanese things like animes and games, especially when Nintendo decides not to censor it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

OmegaCake posted:

Ralph.

No real reason. I just love the name Ralph as being a mundane name. 'Lo, it is the great hero, Ralph! Here to claim the Triforce!'

Agreed, because https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-FTe0GgWjw

• Locked thread