Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medrex
Nov 17, 2012

Triangular. Nuclear. Loops.
For the sages I always thought Darunia may have died but that his role of sage took precedence until Hyrule was safe so his spirit just hung around until ganondorf is dealt with.
But then he's there at the credits scene hanging out too so then I tend to think he just got he rear end kicked, got the hell outta dodge and let Link handle things.
With the other sages there just isn't much supporting the idea they died, especially for the water and spirit temples where Sheik says the water sage was saved from all the freezing shenanigans and the schmucks who run off with the spirit sage made it pretty clear that the sage was to be controlled, not killed.
The only thing really supporting the forest and shadow sages dying is that's its dangerous inside their temples. I think awakening as a sage is seen as something close to a death though, since the impression I got was that upon awakening, a sage would have to leave behind mundane ties and always be apart from their people, doing whatever it is sages do when there isn't great evil plodding around.
Plus Big G did a pretty good job of killing a sage in Twilight Princess and Wind Waker made it pretty clear you needed living sages.

Medrex fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jun 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medrex
Nov 17, 2012

Triangular. Nuclear. Loops.
Stickerbob

Third cousin twice removed of Pizaajoe

• Locked thread