Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
asking for a friend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons
Chinese ones are.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

depends where you live, a lot of places ban them from being open due to holdover religious laws

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
It is in fact one of the most prosperous days for most typical pub type bars.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Torka posted:

depends where you live, a lot of places ban them from being open due to holdover religious laws

Well poo poo I live in a town where liquor can only be sold in special shops at hours that seem to change with the waning moon

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Harime Nui posted:

Well poo poo I live in a town where liquor can only be sold in special shops at hours that seem to change with the waning moon

preventing people obtaining liquor is deeply unbiblical anyway, jesus literally used his god powers to conjure extra booze to keep a party going

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Probably yes after 8oclcok or so.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol if you don't already have some Christmas handles of hard liquor at home, it's only gonna be drunks more pathetic and lonely than you are

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
There is a sweet lounge type bar in town that I guarantee is open right now, with the same half dozen regulars cycling in and out.
Its a true alcoholics hideout. Its in a mall, back in a corner, all dark glass windows in the front. But none of the regulars use the mall entrance; there's an alleyway entrance that's an un-marked door, that open right into the place, right next to the bar.

If you sit in there for an hour, you'll see people come in, say two words, have a quick shot or drink, and then be back out the door 5 minutes later.
A half hour later they return and repeat. Its people stepping out of the house to run an errand, and popping in for a drink while going out and then returning.
Totally awesome.

Merry Christmas

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Harime Nui posted:

lol salem oregon

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Internetjack posted:

There is a sweet lounge type bar in town that I guarantee is open right now, with the same half dozen regulars cycling in and out.
Its a true alcoholics hideout. Its in a mall, back in a corner, all dark glass windows in the front. But none of the regulars use the mall entrance; there's an alleyway entrance that's an un-marked door, that open right into the place, right next to the bar.

If you sit in there for an hour, you'll see people come in, say two words, have a quick shot or drink, and then be back out the door 5 minutes later.
A half hour later they return and repeat. Its people stepping out of the house to run an errand, and popping in for a drink while going out and then returning.
Totally awesome.

Merry Christmas

there are bars in malls?

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Frostwerks posted:

there are bars in malls?

Yup. I can confirm for California and Idaho.

They may be "lounges", with a menu and kitchen for food. But the ones that I've seen, that was really just a pretext for serving booze at most hours of the day.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Frostwerks posted:

there are bars in malls?

Yes. Mall bars are the best you want to hide.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
More bars are open than retail spots holiday angst feeds their profits

One of my coworkers is hosting at a karaoke bar because our store is closed today

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Frostwerks posted:

there are bars in malls?

My friend once got wasted at a Johnny Rockets at a mall.

i hope it can last
Dec 16, 2014

by XyloJW
post pics of ur vagina

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

i hope it can last posted:

post pics of ur vagina

i think op is a dude

i hope it can last
Dec 16, 2014

by XyloJW
post pics of ur vagina

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
dude chill out

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I live in wisconsin. Of course there are bars open.
Bars will come to your house and make you go to them unless you put a 'No Bars' sign out by your driveway to scare them off

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Nonsense posted:

lol salem oregon

also applicable, the south

i hope it can last
Dec 16, 2014

by XyloJW

Darkman Fanpage posted:

dude chill out

post pics of ur vagina

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
Someone better do it.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Posting from a bar right now, after a holiday feast of convenience store food.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

drug stores are open, they have booze

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
yah, there's this great bar called the star in marcus hook pennsylvania and they even cook you dinner on christmas

i'm sitting here right now with indigestion bc i ate bad chinese food or maybe god hates me i'm a christ killer

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Hector Beerlioz posted:

My friend once got wasted at a Johnny Rockets at a mall.

They serve alcohol at Johnny Rockets?

I don't think so. That's crazy. You're crazy

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Monstrous Dooklord posted:

lol if you don't already have some Christmas handles of hard liquor at home, it's only gonna be drunks more pathetic and lonely than you are

Yes..... I will be.... LIKE A GOD

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Nonsense posted:

lol salem oregon

Welcome to SO LAME :unsmigghh:

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

Why don't we just start shooting tar heroin instead?
Where I'm from bars never close and liquor is sold at gas stations.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Lots of bars are open on Christmas but if you stay past seven you're a piece of poo poo. Let the bartenders go home.

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

more like gaylem

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Frostwerks posted:

there are bars in malls?

There's a german restaurant and beer bar in the mall here. About once a year I like to go there, get smashed on 2L boots of Hacker Pschorr, and wander around the mall drunk.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
I'm at the bar right now op

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

To answer the OP, dive bars are usually open all day and some of your regular pubs open late. Larger chain restaurant/bars might open late, too.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Usually they open Christmas Eve and Night depending on where you're at and who's running the place.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I was having so much sex at this time last year :smith:

Reject
Nov 4, 2002
I was once stranded at home on Christmas due to my car breaking down. Don't go to a bar. It was the most depressing scene ever.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Yivgev posted:

more like gaylem

gaylem, orebuns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

bortland, pooregon