Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

im playing Dragon Age: inquisition on nightmare mode and holy poo poo bears are loving INSANE

first of all they have roughly a million health so even if your strong enough to kill them your going to spend a lot of time widdling them down

second of all somehow mother nature has given them an attack that lets them hit everyone around them at the same time and there's almost no warning, and it hits stupidly loving hard

third bears can naturally sense when other bears are in trouble and they will come in and mob your rear end

fourth they're stupidly aggressive and if they even see you they will hunt your rear end down and destroy you

and finally they run faster than your horse, they WILL catch you and gently caress you up!!!

these loving BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Op if you'd like to work out your bear related aggression I would suggest far cry 4. You can blow up bears with sticky explosives.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I too enjoy in rpgs when nature has it out for your entire party at all times.

I only played DA:I on normal and I just started avoiding the bears because gently caress that.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
gas

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Contest Winner posted:

i hope they cut down all the rain forests

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
have u considered... gitting gud

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

THE PENETRATOR posted:

have u considered... gitting gud

you motherfucker

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
glad to finally see some realism in video games

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDanX-beShQ

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

:stonk:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
but on a serious note, the bears are poo poo, though i have noticed they will leave you alone if they're doing something other than standing still

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

Dexters Secret posted:

im playing Dragon Age: inquisition on nightmare mode and holy poo poo bears are loving INSANE

first of all they have roughly a million health so even if your strong enough to kill them your going to spend a lot of time widdling them down

second of all somehow mother nature has given them an attack that lets them hit everyone around them at the same time and there's almost no warning, and it hits stupidly loving hard

third bears can naturally sense when other bears are in trouble and they will come in and mob your rear end

fourth they're stupidly aggressive and if they even see you they will hunt your rear end down and destroy you

and finally they run faster than your horse, they WILL catch you and gently caress you up!!!

This is all true of bears in real life too

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

THE PENETRATOR posted:

but on a serious note, the bears are poo poo, though i have noticed they will leave you alone if they're doing something other than standing still

actually its worse, they'll still aggro you but they'll wait until they're done with whatever they're doing so if you don't get far enough away they'll run straight to you while you're no doubt fighting something else and wreck your poo poo

Soral
May 30, 2009

if the big dumb lumbering animal is too fast for your tiny lovely dwarf legs to outrun then put it to sleep or freeze it with magic or something first. the ai wont wake up a sleeping enemy, it seems to me

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Soral posted:

if the big dumb lumbering animal is too fast for your tiny lovely dwarf legs to outrun then put it to sleep or freeze it with magic or something first. the ai wont wake up a sleeping enemy, it seems to me

i was on a fuckin horse man, its like trying to outrun a phanto

but yeah i can dismount and use knockout powder and pray to god that his friends dont show up while i waddle away

Soral
May 30, 2009

have you considered jumping you're horse onto a big boulder. there are lots of stray fences and rocks that you can leap over to interrupt the enemy's pathing....

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

gently caress all bears in all games
especially these ones. boy DKC3 was just a bunch of ideas that Rare threw at a wall, wasn't it

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Soral posted:

have you considered jumping you're horse onto a big boulder. there are lots of stray fences and rocks that you can leap over to interrupt the enemy's pathing....

if i even go near an obstacle my horse will stop running and sometimes he'll start throwing a fit and stop altogether

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

:confused:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Skinning a bear should aggro every bears in a 40 yard radius. It makes sense, you are actually skinning their best friend.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

WTF!!!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Y-Hat posted:

gently caress all bears in all games

especially these ones. boy DKC3 was just a bunch of ideas that Rare threw at a wall, wasn't it

If by ideas you mean good and fun ideas then yeah.

Pissing off bears by beating their speedruns was great.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

moar....bear? zuh?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Agreed OP. It's been a wretched season.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Bears are often tough in vidya games. Like there's this spot in the level system of Skyrim where demons and dragons don't really matter but bears will still gently caress you up.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

hahahahahaha

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Contest Winner posted:

I only played DA:I on normal and I just started avoiding the bears because gently caress that.

isn't baldur's gate 1 basically Nature Hates You: The Game

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
OP have you tried kiting them down a hill?

Myrmomancer
May 31, 2014

Yinlock posted:

isn't baldur's gate 1 basically Nature Hates You: The Game

Yes. That game made me hate the poo poo out of wolves. hosed my world up

Soral
May 30, 2009

haha, lol

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

I threw a confusion potion at a mama bear and made her eat her cubs, which was maybe the only true enjoyment this game has given me so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dexters Secret posted:

this dumb motherfucker doesn't know how to spell whittle.

• Locked thread