Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i picked this up for 13 dollars on sale, i knew it was a paper mario-like RPG but i did not expect this level of love and attention to detail from the devs. pretty much everything is a reference to the show or a joke or something, and i'm only an hour in. from what my friends tell me it stays this good the whole ride.

im really happy i bought this, get it if you have not already imps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

its pretty great, thanks again to bergfu for getting it for me

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
a friend of mine streamed this and i watched most of it and i think i got everything i needed out of the game from that

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
It's the easiest recommendation in the world for a South Park fan, even if they don't like rpgs. But I don't think I'd ever recommend it to someone to someone who loves rpgs but didnt like or had not seen the show.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The fart button is very good. Kneads ball sack tenderly and reminisces on good old times.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Wormskull posted:

The fart button is very good. Kneads ball sack tenderly and reminisces on good old times.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Dec 26, 2012

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I've thought about buying it because I've heard it's really good but I haven't watched South Park in years and the last time I did I remember not liking it very much. I don't know if that was because I was a dumb kid or what.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Silver Striker posted:

I've thought about buying it because I've heard it's really good but I haven't watched South Park in years and the last time I did I remember not liking it very much. I don't know if that was because I was a dumb kid or what.

you were probably a dumb kid

the show has gotten a little tired lately but it's one of the best things on tv really

lmao

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

People shouldn't take screenshots unless their AA and everything else is fully maxed.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Between my new gsyn monitor and my 980 I spent too much this holiday but I did really wanna buy this and play it, thanks for reminding me it exists Op

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

apparently earthbound was a video game influence on Trey and Matt. kinda makes sense

AtlasToked
Sep 14, 2014
got this for Christmas from a friend, thanks buddy. good game for sure

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
01011001 thank you dude so much for this game, when I get home tonight I really wanna try it out

Dec 26, 2012

no problem

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

01011001 thank you dude so much for this game, when I get home tonight I really wanna try it out

I really like south park, and if you do too, you'll really enjoy this game

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

It really was the best game this year

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Nintendo really have been giving it their all with a new Mario game last Christmas, a new Mario Kart game earlier this year, a new Smash Bros on both platforms, and all sorts of other misc poo poo, only for a South Park game to be the sleeper hit of the year and a better game than anything else released in a long time lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eonwe posted:

I really like south park, and if you do too, you'll really enjoy this game

im excite

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
living on a fixed income sucks rear end so thanks for the gifts everyone

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
Guys i have a really important question

i've only watched the first 13 seasons of south park

will I be fine starting to play the game now

or should I watch the last 5 seasons and then start

I really wanna play but I also like references

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CrusherEAGLE posted:

you'll be fine

Dec 26, 2012

CrusherEAGLE posted:

i had no idea south park had 18 seasons, jesus

yeah its no big deal

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Wormskull posted:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i haven't watched much south park past the first few seasons but i liked the Faith Plus One episode

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also note the baffling lack of bugs

it's almost like when you give obsidian time to make something they can QA worth a drat

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Yinlock posted:

also note the baffling lack of bugs

it's almost like when you give obsidian time to make something they can QA worth a drat

well the game is also incredibly simple

Dec 26, 2012

i would be impressed if the game were unfinished given that its not terribly long and was delayed a bunch

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

CrusherEAGLE posted:

it's got more references to old things than new actually so you'd be good. you could watch the black friday/game of thrones parody episodes from a couple of years back tho if you wanted to have context on the whole wizards vs. elves thing the kids are suddenly into

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
lolling at the scene with the husband and wife pieces of poo poo arguing for 15 mins in the sewers

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just beat the game. im a little sad it's over (and there is no reason at all to play it again unless you care about achievements) but it was basically a long southpark episode and i loved it

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

gently caress the Al Gore fight how do I do this?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Eye of Widesauron posted:

gently caress the Al Gore fight how do I do this?

Stack bleed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Stack bleed.

yeah

you want to stack every status effect on him and then just survive

it is a bullshit fight and there's nothing else as hard as that in the game

• Locked thread