Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Are there any choices in the early game that are going to screw me over if I dint get them "right"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Does every one start with the same 5?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Goon server is full and I missed the little sentence that said " after your first fight ". Guess I'm playing solo until server migration goes live.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Zet posted:

I clicked on the "full" server and was able to switch to it. So unless you're getting an error message, I think you're still OK. (I double-checked my server before this post and I see myself on 47 and my original character on server 7X)

I thought I had done that but I just tried again and it worked. Thanks!

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Wait, there is a hero named Pale Gazer? :laffo:

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

So I've already hit a bit of a wall which is a little suprising given that you guys said you should be able to hit hero level 35 in about a day. Granted I haven't been playing an entire day but I've hit hero level 14 and have stopped making progress on the regular and elite campaign stuff. Do I really need to start grinding levels already? I have been pretty good about adding points to my character's skills. Everyone is green+1 except lightning master who is 1 item away.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Niton posted:

Do you have a full team of 5 yet? You should be able to have Leaves' Shadow, Admiral, Chaplain, Lightning Master and Embermage by now, plus whoever your initial Gold Chest roll was if you've accumulated enough Gems to do it. Normally 1x rolls are bad, but it's a pretty huge power spike for not that large of an investment.

Yeah I have the full team of 5. I did not do the gold chest roll yet, guess i should do that.

e: 72 gems short.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Niton posted:

My advice would be to just re-do old stages for any gear slots you can fill out, then. Keeping your main team fully up-to-date is really important, especially before you unlock the Blue/Purple stuff. Also, make sure you're using EXP Potions / Salves to keep them at max possible level.

There aren't many slots I can go back to fill. I went back to try but nothing dropped. I managed to get a few more encounters done. I must be doing something wrong because I don't think I should be stuck this early on.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

I got professional killer from my gold chest drop. Is there anyone in the starting 5 he should be subbed in for?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

m.hache posted:

Game looks interesting. I'll bite.

Is it recommended to restart the game in order to get a certain type of unit? Or can I just roll with what I pull and go from there.

Everyone gets the same starting 5

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

At what video level do you have to start more closely managing your level ups vs stamina remaining?

What do guys prioritize when raising character skills?
Is there a call on the characters skills?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Is there limit on how many hero tokens you can farm from an instance in a day?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

So I just hit 30 and was wondering if anyone wanted to effort post on crusades. I did read this guide http://www.urgametips.com/2014/10/heroes-charge-how-to-complete-crusade.html but I only have 6 heroes right now.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Well I've officially hit the stamina wall. Time to download some other gatchapon.

What's the best way to use the obscene amount of raid tickets I've accumulated?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

I just picked up cleric. Is he a straight upgrade over admiral?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Niton posted:

Cleric is a front-line support, and definitely not a primary tank, despite any misgivings I may have had in the past - If you have another frontline unit, he can be a great support, but you need someone with good bulk & offense like Iron Hoof or Savage One for that.

I've gotten him up to blue and he is one piece of gear away from +1. Admiral is also one upgrade away from +1. What's the next best tank to be going after in the near term. Obviously Death Knight it huge but hes a long way off.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Thoughts on Emberblade? I still have the starting 5 plus Professional Killer And cleric.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

I'm thinking about Cleric, Emberblade, lightning master, Chaplain, and leaves shadow. I kind of want to work in pk somewhere though. Any suggestions?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

My crusade store has the following tokens right now:

Vanguard Warrior
Frost Mage
Commando
Rifleman
Phoenix
Mystic
Wind Master
Pilot

Are any of these worth dropping 500 points on? Current heroes I have are starting 5 plus Professional Killer, Cleric, and Embersword.

Echophonic posted:

Man, the gold chest isn't bad at all when you're starting out. I just got a Phoenix from a 10-pull and a Sniper, but I already had him, so I'm almost halfway to a rank-up.

I did a 10x pull and the only hero I got was 1x Commando token. :argh:

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Based on the heroes I listed above that i already have would phoenix or commando be better?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

I bought commando from the crusades store. She is really good. I've been running her, leaves shadow, and pro killer in the back and with cleric and lightning master up front I've Bern wedding stuff pretty consistently. Still haven't been able to get past stage 10 on crusade yet. I think I'm holding ultis too long.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Need some advice on my lowbie arena team. Shadow Leaf, Commando, and Pro Killer are all in. Remaining are the 4 other starters plus Emberblade and Cleric. Everyone is either Blue or Blue+1. Any recommendations on filling it out?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

DemonMage posted:

Ember Blade and Chaplain are both super solid.

I'm not sure what to think of Chaplain in Arena. Damage piles up so quick that her healing doesn't seem to mitigate it all that much. On the other hand Convert is a nice skill but the duration seems pretty short.

And whoever posted heroes love shoes love shoes wasn't kidding, I keep having to go and run that instance constantly. :negative:

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Daveski posted:

For lower-level teams, I think Admiral is actually a pretty decent choice, at least until mid-50s or so. I had her in both my arena and PvE teams until I got War Chief to purple and she did quite well. The rest of your team is pretty squishy, and I don't really like Cleric for the arena, since he can be shut down by control/stuns too easily, so Admiral might be a good option for now. I'm not sure how tanky Emberblade is though, I haven't used him at all yet.

Emberblade holds up surprisingly well thanks to his magic shield and his green skill. With Commando's buffs he hits pretty hard for a frontline hero. So far I'm pretty happy with him, Lightning Master, Commando, Leaves Shadow, and Pro Killer as my arena comp.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Would it be better to buy tokens to 2 star commando or maybe pick up phoenix or one of the other heroes in the crusade store?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Just got my first full crusade clear. I now have 2390 crusade points. That is enough to buy Phoenix and get myself 4 soul stones away from 2*-ing commando. Seems like the best use of points, but is there a case to be made for purchasing another 10 token hero? The other ones that are 10 are mystic, pilot, and rifleman I believe.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

koolkal posted:

All 3 are useful when you hit 55. Mystic is probably the best because he's one of the key heroes in a heavy magic team which is useful for both Arena, Crusade, and 1 of the portals (and can help support some other portals due to his purple skill). Rifleman and Pilot are both good for some of the portals, useful in all physical teams, and are good for guild raids (Rifleman especially).

You were supposed to make my decision easier. ;) Thanks for the insight though. Who would you take first? Would you take Mystic over Phoenix?

vulturesrow fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Feb 19, 2015

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Niton posted:

Commando and Phoenix are both significantly better than the other 3. As far as they go:

• Pilot is alright but completely unessential for anything i've seen, though he's a good pickup for Northern Dragon if you're not going to get Old Curse any time soon.
  • Rifleman is interesting but only really good for a couple of specific things, and there are replacements for him for that.
  • Mystic is only good at really high levels, but he has good utility for Grand Arena and magic damage teams.

Yeah I'm definitely using some of the points to get commando to 2*. Thanks for the help.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

vulturesrow posted:

Just got my first full crusade clear. I now have 2390 crusade points. That is enough to buy Phoenix and get myself 4 soul stones away from 2*-ing commando. Seems like the best use of points, but is there a case to be made for purchasing another 10 token hero? The other ones that are 10 are mystic, pilot, and rifleman I believe.

As luck would have it my first chest pull today gave me a Phoenix! Second pull gave me a Mystic piece. I think the game is trying to tell me something....Wondering if i should use all my Crusade points on Commando now our picking up Mystic...

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

It's it still the consensus that DK is the best first use of Arena points? Is he all-around good because I mostly see people talking about him in the context of crusades.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

EzEight posted:

First Arena purchase should be Old Curse.

Awesome Control character and a good dps. 3000 coins is a resonable price for how important he is.

DK is considered great for crusades but all guilds have players who puts a DK up for everyone.
Don't buy a DK, our guild has 2 different levels of DK up.

Funny, OC is exactly who I was thinking of when I wrote that post.

e: Just got War Chief and got him up to blue +1. How should I prioritize his skillups?

vulturesrow fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 21, 2015

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

And the game just gave me Wind Master as a crusade reward. She seems okayish. Anyone use her much? (Sorry for double posting)

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Just got Imperial Executioner as a crusade drop. Anyone have :words: about him?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Cinara posted:

Yea, someone in the guild has a low level Cloud Walker that I used for the Crusade last night, it let me push through all 15 battles on my first time in there. Really showed me how much I need to pull a tank that isn't Admiral. Picked up Commando though who is as insane as everyone has said.

In the guild as Cairo right now, but will be renaming once the cooldown is up to Cinara SA

Admiral really is a lovely tank. Cleric is the next best for a quick upgrade and then war chief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

This was a decent pull. Its Psychopath or Ice Mage useful anywhere?

vulturesrow fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 15, 2015

• Locked thread