Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
10!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
gently caress you guys and your cheesed characters ungmugung

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
rolled 5 on init 19 on stabbing but i have a + 14 to hit and since he didnt see me coming i get my sneak attack bonus, which actually im an assassin not a thif so my bonus is +5d6 so damage is 3+22+3(str mod) do i kill him?

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Harime Nui posted:

gently caress you guys and your cheesed characters ungmugung

You have lovely initiative so mostly you're just covered in blood from John Featherfeet who is now dead.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Solid Poopsnake posted:

The Plaid is now a sphere of black, hiding his barstool, drink, and shame.

>assume that the whole tavern is dark
>slip a mickey in the drink walk towards the Half Orc's table using staff as a guide cane

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

owl milk posted:

rolled 5 on init 19 on stabbing but i have a + 14 to hit and since he didnt see me coming i get my sneak attack bonus, which actually im an assassin not a thif so my bonus is +5d6 so damage is 3+22+3(str mod) do i kill him?

JESUS I ALREAYD SAID HE'S DEAD HOW DEAD DO YOU WANT THIS POOR SON OF A BITCH TO BE GODDAMN

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Hogge Wild posted:

>assume that the whole tavern is dark
>slip a mickey in the drink walk towards the Half Orcs table using staff as a guide cane

You slip on the peanut shells on the floor.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Knowing they always blame the orc at moments like this I quickly search the barbarian's body for adventure hooks

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Solid Poopsnake posted:

JESUS I ALREAYD SAID HE'S DEAD HOW DEAD DO YOU WANT THIS POOR SON OF A BITCH TO BE GODDAMN

JOhn Featherfeet is extra dead.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Harime Nui posted:

Knowing they always blame the orc at moments like this I quickly search the barbarian's body for adventure hooks

Owl milk rear end in a top hat already took everything. You could theoretically take toenail clippings. Maybe a necromancer could do something with it?

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
i drop the corpse and tell the tavern that he killed my dad or something my bluff is like +50 so idgaf

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Solid Poopsnake posted:

You slip on the peanut shells on the floor.

>curse loudly, stand up and wipe beer from the robe
>wave arms around and try to find another drink

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
What about the cloth full of jewelry and junk?

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
My sorceror fails his will save and casts magic missile at the darkness.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

owl milk posted:

i drop the corpse and tell the tavern that he killed my dad or something my bluff is like +50 so idgaf

Do you take his humble native jewelry?

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
yes

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Hogge Wild posted:

>curse loudly, stand up and wipe beer from the robe
>wave arms around and try to find another drink

You find a variety of other drinks, but they all belong to other people. You are still a sphere of darkness, though, so I bet you could snatch that poo poo.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Harime Nui posted:

What about the cloth full of jewelry and junk?

I'm afraid it's taken.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

celeron 300a posted:

My sorceror fails his will save and casts magic missile at the darkness.

You waste your one spell for the day, level 1 sorceror. You require an eight-hour rest to refresh your spell slot.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
No one seems particularly upset that John Featherfeet is dead. It's that kinda place.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
"Well whatever that might have been about I guess I'll never know" I shrug and move out the back exit of the tavern to saddle my horse and find MYSTERY COVE or possibly DAGGER BAY or maybe SKULL PROMONTORY

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
i think about saying "look if any of use adventurers wnt to some with me use can im leavin town" and then i say that previous statement

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Solid Poopsnake posted:

You find a variety of other drinks, but they all belong to other people. You are still a sphere of darkness, though, so I bet you could snatch that poo poo.

>snatch a drink and slip a mickey in it
>continue towards the Half Orc's table, taking short steps trying to avoid falling down

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Harime Nui posted:

"Well whatever that might have been about I guess I'll never know" I shrug and move out the back exit of the tavern to saddle my horse and find MYSTERY COVE or possibly DAGGER BAY or maybe SKULL PROMONTORY

The action is now headed to SKULL PROMONTORY.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Willl our intrepid band of adventurers go where the adventure is?

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
i have a secret map to thief guild[b/]] and i shout "we will go to [b]thif guild] and kill them and take there treasure" to the adventures in a whisper tone of voice

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I cast *cloud of fart* aimed at the half orcs table.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I approach at a moderate gallop, presumably with dramatic trumpet music blaring as I ride through the night with my cloak streaming bheind me. At roughly half a long bowshot's distance (500 ft) I dismount and pull a torch from my pack and light it with a spark from steel and tinder, any copse of trees handy I can leave my horse tied to

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
((ooc my guy doesnt like skulls, or water so yuo might have to persuade him to join)0

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Solid Poopsnake posted:

Willl our intrepid band of adventurers go where the adventure is?

>nah

owl milk posted:

i have a secret map to thief guild[b/]] and i shout "we will go to [b]thif guild] and kill them and take there treasure" to the adventures in a whisper tone of voice

"Well met stranger! Have a refreshing drink!
>put hand out of the darkness, offering the drink

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Meanwhile, a SKULL PROMONTORY, a wild-eyed, disheveled hermit approaches whoever the gently caress is around. "Please, adventurers!" he shouts. "Within yon cave are a plague of ogres, who are total jerks and keep coming into my camp and breaking my coconut radios! Will you help me???"

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

Hogge Wild posted:

"Well met stranger! Have a refreshing drink!
>put hand out of the darkness, offering the drink

"hello thanks you for this refreshing drink my good ball of darkness" and then i drinks it and say "you interest in my quest?"

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
*gives wry impish grin playfuly*

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

owl milk posted:

((ooc my guy doesnt like skulls, or water so yuo might have to persuade him to join)0

"You seem like a trustworthy individual. Why not join me on my quest to find riches and glory at.... uh, a certain coastal cavern, area."

is what I said

before I left the tavern and after you killed that salesman

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

owl milk posted:

"hello thanks you for this refreshing drink my good ball of darkness" and then i drinks it and say "you interest in my quest?"

"Oh verily my good Sir."

DM what does my drugged drink do to him?

owl milk posted:

*gives wry impish grin playfuly*

>doesn't see the grin from outside the darkness

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
im a vampire so prob nothign

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Hogge Wild posted:

"Oh verily my good Sir."

DM what does my drugged drink do to him?

Nothing because owl milk is a prestige class that lets him drink roofies without effect

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
GHBard

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Solid Poopsnake posted:

Meanwhile, a SKULL PROMONTORY, a wild-eyed, disheveled hermit approaches whoever the gently caress is around. "Please, adventurers!" he shouts. "Within yon cave are a plague of ogres, who are total jerks and keep coming into my camp and breaking my coconut radios! Will you help me???"

Holding the reins of my steed in one hand, dismounted I approach the wretched rustic with my orcishly buff jaw protruding out and a keen look in my eye.

"Hail, good churl. I am Thomas Cruise, Blade of the King, and I shall aid thee in thy wretched condition."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Harime Nui posted:

Holding the reins of my steed in one hand, dismounted I approach the wretched rustic with my orcishly buff jaw protruding out and a keen look in my eye.

"Hail, good churl. I am Thomas Cruise, Blade of the King, and I shall aid thee in thy wretched condition."

"You are too kind, noble orc! You will find the pricks within!" He gestures to the cave vaguely and then flees the scene.

• Locked thread