Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

Law reigns supreme in the land of Ivalice, held in the iron grasp of the system of Judges. No longer bound to a higher power, these Judges stand as the governing force of the land and under them Ivalice has seen years of peace. Criminals have been brought to justice, the skies have been cleared of its myriad pirates and little stands in the way of prosperity, thus instilling a confidence in land's people to trust and obey the law.

And so it stands to reason that unrest would continue to stir in whatever corners of the world it may find. General unrest, small-scale riots, and assassination of public figures undertaken by a group claiming itself to be the Knights Clandestine have begun to overthrow the law's grasp on Ivalice's outer lands, and the law has responded with brute force. While the Judges claim to have a firm grasp on the Clandestine, rumors continue to spread of their threats amongst the populace. Even in regions with no confirmed Clandestine presence, their deeds are done by fanatics rising up against the law.

Hidden deeper amid the countryfolk, those who had fought to separate the Judges from their old governing body begin to resurface, not to fend off a people's unrest, but to combat a more dire threat held by the Clandestine. As the dead rise and ancient primal spirits begin to rouse from their slumber, the Knights Zodiac act to bolster their ranks anew with those they deem capable and willing to prevent the world's plummet into chaos. Spread between twelve houses across all of Ivalice and only a skeleton of its original force, this proves to be a difficult feat, but one that must succeed for the sake of all Ivalice.

Whatever your adventuring soul seeks from the Zodiac, or even if it doesn't seek the Knights at all, you find yourself pulled into the world's conflict along with a band of fellows. Tell me your story, to be recorded for the ages alongside the Braves of yore.

ZODIAC BRAVE STORY

Welcome to Ivalice, that Final Fantasy setting everyone likes. I'm not really adhering to any given part of Ivalice, so whether you go with Tactics, XII, or whatever else got branded with Ivalice you've probably got the general idea, and I'm totally fine if you want to do stuff like pull jobs/summons/races from other Final Fantasy stuff. I'll probably be doing it myself anyways! While the weird moogle exception doesn't exist in Ivalice since they're actually pretty normal, it still seems important to mention you should play something sentient. In other words, don't be a dang chocobo.

For OVA character creation, I'm just going with the simple Base Zero rule. This just means your weaknesses shouldn't be more than five under your abilities. Try to keep it under control, but you are Final Fantasy protagonists and you get away with some pretty crazy stuff. As a side-note, for the Gear ability you should seriously consider adding negatives to the ability. If you're taking a piece of gear that only has positives there's little reason for me to interact with that specifically and it should just be part of your character. If you want bonuses from having a piece of gear while having it be significant that you have the gear, consider something like Focus instead to afford yourself more points positive to spend, or Transformation to make it more than just a 1:1 point ratio that ends up always being used. It's more interesting to interact with that way.

Since this is Base Zero, Knowledge and similar abilities are half cost. While people should steer away from +5s, it would cost an extra point on its own for Knowledge so if you're committed enough to a Knowledge to spend 3 points, go for it.

Also, have a job/vocation of some sort. Freelancers are all lazy bums or overpowered endgame disasters, I want people to have a theme of some sort. You're allowed a lot of freedom in OVA and there's a boatload of weird jobs throughout all of Final Fantasy, I doubt you'll have trouble finding a word that fits, and starting from a class you like will probably help anyways. If you're having trouble theming something, remember that Attack is a catch-all for all offensive actions and just because an ability has a certain name doesn't mean it can't be reflavored.

As a maybe weird aside, Judge is a valid job, or even just position of power while you hold a more traditional vocation. You won't be slam dunking red cards on fools just for kicks, but otherwise the general idea applies.

As for tone, expect the usual Final Fantasy fare. Not terribly serious, but you are up against a pretty big threat. It'll probably be hard to keep a straight face when someone invariably apps a moogle anyways.

Applications will be open for at least a week, maybe a bit longer to make time for people coming off the holidays. I'd rather have this start up after everyone's done being super busy because the holidays eat PBP games like crazy.

sentrygun fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Interest post! Totally going to app a twin-souled moogle ancient half-cetra named sephiraerith who is secretly a Double Moggle princess (this is like a moogle but more ancient) (also her soulmate is クラウド・ストライフ or Kuraudo Sutoraifu)

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Posting interest. Might go with a weapon summoning archer/gunsmith

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Edit 3: First draft, I am having some issues representing an Alchemist in OVA, or having a story I was sure would fit the setting. Any assistance on the matter would be appreciated.
Edit 4: Points shuffled around in Gear, Healer was moved out of the Gear and Focus moved to weaknesses, new weakness added, and Attack increased by 1, or should I add it to Healer

Woolwort Wauldorf

Concept: Snake-Oil Alchemist

Weapon: Staves

Everyone knows the name of Woolwort Wauldorf, though in what circumstances is a source of much debate. He is a wizard; he is not a wizard, he is a fraud, he is a thief, he is an asset to the realm and favored servant of the king, favored servant of a king who doesn't actually exist. The truth is buried in there somewhere, and the truth is that he is a Snake Oil peddler moving from village to village to ply his "Magic tonics" to the populace before the authorities show up and he has to vacate.

But, to say that he is entirely a fraud would be a great disservice to the man. As for all his posturing and showmanship he is a properly trained chemist, and is more then capable of producing tonics and poultices with real and potent effects. But he also seems to continuously lack the funds to continue on his passion, what little gold he gets seems to go directly into buying reagents and ingredients for his trade, and without the official backing of the Alchemist Guild, he resorts to petty fraud to sustain his continued research.

Up until the point where he was caught, and offered a chance to avoid conviction for his crimes in return for saving the world. It was an offer you couldn't refuse really.

Qualities:

Attack: 2
Dexterous: 2
Evasive: 1
Gear: 3 (Alchemist Satchel)

quote:

Dimensional Pocket: 3
Unique Ability (Transmutation): 3 (Convert an item into another item of equal value)

-Limited Uses (Dimensional Pocket): 1
-Trigger: 2 (Specific Items)
Healer: 3
Intuitive: 2
Knowledge: 3 (Alchemy)
Lucky: 2
Passion: 2 (Alchemy)
Perceptive: 2

Total = 20

Weaknesses:

Easily Distracted: 1
Frail: 2
Focus: 3
Fussy: 1
Infamous: 1
Jittery: 1
Obsession (Alchemy): 2
Pacifist: 1
Poor: 2
Servitude/Restricted Freedom: 2
Weak: 2

Total = -18

Health = 30
Endurance = 40

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Dec 27, 2014

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Can't say I'm not interested. I'm thinking either red mage or oracle.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Adventure. Adventure is where you find the good food. Royal chefs with fancy kitchens will tell wax on about foies gras, crème brûlée, or chateaubriand. Garbage, all of it. Dragon sausages, chocobo egg, bomb chiles... real food is dangerous. Real food is delicious.

My mother ran a small restaurant. We were in the low end of Lesalia, the imperial capital. She was famous for making anything into fine food, and was popular in the neighborhood, but never of great renown. Sometimes knowledgeable scholars and adventurers would visit, but no noble would eye her plain-looking fare and dig in. When the royal cook passed away, she sought the position - not for her sake, but to give her family a better life. Since she couldn't compete with the fancy ingredients, she went into the wild, gathering exotic ingrediants. Returning worn and tired, she made fine ochu noodles... and died. She had been poisoned by the monster, but the king was moved to tears by her dish. But she was no longer alive and another was made the Royal Chef. Meanwhile, with the restaurant failing without my mom's talent, my father and I struggled to feed ourselves as well as our customers.

But the king wasn't satisfied, and wished to taste my mother's cuisine again. So he ordered me to go into the wild and make a dish of my mother's. My father pleaded have us escape, not wanting me to face the fate of my mother. But I couldn't let it be, and so took up my mother's fork and spoon and went hunting. I gave the king the finest behemoth stew I could make, and he was so pleased he threw out the royal chef and appointed me the new royal chef. And so he tasked me with making another meal so great. So I went out again.

Three days to hunt and make steelhawk souffle with rolanberry preserves. When I returned, the king was furious. He let me know how hungry he was. Apparently, he had refused to eat until my return, but three days isn't that long to go without food. I told him that if he wanted to eat garbage, I could have arranged for him to have trash to eat sooner. I was fired. Nearly executed, really, but I wasn't content to just help out father at the inn. There's so much more to food, and I see that now. I've traveled from city to city, learning local delacies and hunting local wildlife. I studied with the great gourmand Devlag Holbin, and learned on how to unlock the magic within food. Still, I seek to make more dishes of my own... not just a personal dish or a local dish, but the greatest food the world has known for the greatest heroes in the world.

Mom would have wanted it that way.

pre:
Felize Jamstave, Gourmand of Monsters
Brave: 40 Faith: 40 Job: Gourmand Sign: Virgo

Ability		Level	Notes

Agile		2	-
Attack		3	See below
Beautiful	1	-
Evasive		2	-
Job		4	Gourmand, Unique Ability
Knowledge	2	Monsters
Magic, Arcane	4	Blue Magic
Sign		2	Virgo, Unique Ability

Weakness	Level	Notes

Airhead		2	-
Colored Magic	1	Blue Magic, Unique Weakness
Compulsion	1	Eating
Focus		2	Attack & Job require battle utensils
Hatred		2	Those who waste food.
Impulsive	1	-
Obsession	3	Cooking
Overconfident	2	-
Rude		1	-

Extras: Her Job can help rolls regarding finding, preparing, and crafting food. Her
Sign aids rolls where she might be industrious, analytical, efficient, or assists
others. Blue Magic means she cannot develop new spells normally; she has to eat part
of a monster to devise a new spell.

Gourmet Skill	DX	Cost	Perks			Flaws

Grill Flip	4	5	Fatiguing, Stunning	Inaccurate
Shish Kabob	4	5	Armor-Piercing		-
Tenderizer	4	5	Impairing		Unwieldy

Limit Break	DX	Cost	Perks			Flaws

Iron Chef	6	15	Effective 2, Overwhelm	Break

Blue Spell	Ability	Cost	DX	Perks			Flaws

Lifebreak	Attack	20 / -	5	Effective 1, Ranged	Restricted: Suffered a Complication
Mighty Guard	Armored	20 / -	-	-			-
White Wind	Healer	20 / -	-	Area Effect		Elaborate Gestures, Others Only

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Dec 28, 2014

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I can only dream of living up to a series with names like "Dycedarg" and :"Zalbaag".

But I will dream.

You forgot "Goffard Gaffgarion."

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
e: Agh I can't figure out OVA tonight.

zachol fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 27, 2014

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
But not Geomancer?

I'll have a look at OVA and see what I come up with. Man, haven't done a Final Fantasy P&P since high school.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

I'm interested! Though, I'll have to look over OVA because I've literally never heard of it before and have no idea how it works.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Vert Masuin, Viera Fencer
Zodiac Braves OST Track 16 - Let's Kindly Make A Deal

"If you would kindly enter my shop, I believe I can give you quite a deal. Please, come."

Concept: Traveling Viera Merchant

A Viera girl born into poverty sneaks into a shop, hoping to steal some food. She is caught by the proprietor, a Nu Mou who scolds her. He asks where her mother is. Nowhere. The merchant introduces himself as Granus Masuin. Taking pity on the girl, he lets her go. He also lets her return. Taking her in as his daughter, the merchant teaches the girls the ways of the merchant. Always get the most out of your customers. Always be polite. A merchant must conduct themselves with honor. She studies the way of the sword with an antique rapier. The girl grows into a fine woman. One day, the merchant goes out to meet a supplier. He leaves the woman in charge of the shop. He'll be back in a few days, he says.

The merchant never returns.

The woman looks into the situation. The merchant never met the supplier. Perhaps, they say, he was killed by bandits. Perhaps a monster attacked. Maybe he just disappeared. Weeks turn into months and the merchant is still gone. The shop holds too many memories of him. The woman closes the shop, takes her stock into a wagon, and travels Ivalice selling her wares. She wishes to make her own fortune, and a part of her always searches for her father and mentor, never giving up hope.

But enough about this woman. Why don't we make a deal?

Abilities:

Attack +2
Charismatic +2
Connected +2
Intuitive +1
Knowledge +3 (Economics)
Perceptive +1
Quick +1
Wealthy +1

+13

Weaknesses

Code of Conduct -1 (Merchant's Honor)
Easily Distracted -1
Fussy -1
Impulsive -1
Kind-Hearted -2
Pacifist -2
Quirk -1 (Overly Polite Language)
Sensitivity -1 (Childhood of Poverty)

Attacks:

The Customer Is Always Right Thrust
Endurance Use: 5

Accurate +5
Armor Piercing +5
Weapon -5

Everything Must Go Flurry
Endurance Use: 10

Overwhelming +10
Stunning +10
Low Penetration -5
Weapon -5

Health: 40
Endurance: 40

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 27, 2015

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Curses from all directions!
I can't avoid apping to Final Fantasy games. Because I am terrible, sometime in the coming days, there will probably be a Gria Samurai show up here.

bahamut fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 26, 2014

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

("The staff was dashing and all, but I felt a blade to be more practical.")
Flynn de Lorenza, Human Red Mage

Flynn de Lorenza is a dashing nobleman and a bit of a mystery. He appeared one morning at the estate of House Leo, one of the twelve families that comprise the Knights Zodiac. He claimed to be a noble scion from one of the far corners of Ivalice, come to seek the hand of the family's only daughter, Constance. The door was shut in his face quite promptly, but Flynn was relentless, returning to the house day after day seeking the same thing. Eventually, the head of the house, Lord Theodore, made him a deal: if Flynn could prove his nobility by doing proud as a member of the Knights Zodiac, he would consider allowing the young man to court his daughter. Flynn agreed without hesitation.

Unfortunately for Flynn, a few problems stand between him and the object of his desire. The first is the deal with Lord Theodore: Flynn still has to be formally accepted into the Knights, and "doing proud" is such an ambiguous requirement that he'll have to genuinely impress the man. The second is another nobleman, Albert Schneider, who also seeks to marry Constance (and sees Flynn as an unwelcome problem). The third is the fact that he's not who he claims to be.

The truth is that "Flynn de Lorenza" is actually Finn Lawrence, the son of a pair of bakers. He might have grown up to be a baker himself if he hadn't happened to see Constance browsing dresses in the local marketplace and been instantly smitten. Smart enough to know that a commoner wouldn't even be able to get within ten feet of the girl, he decided to try and pass himself off as a noble. Calling in what meager favors he had with his friends, he was able to cobble together a hodgepodge education about nearly everything. He's not terribly brilliant, but he knows just enough about any given thing to fool a casual interrogation. His education also covered fencing and a broad magical education (one of his friends was apprenticed to a sage).

While he's been good enough to fool Houses Leo and Schneider thus far, Flynn knows that his cover is paper-thin. He has no family wealth, no one to vouch for him, and no noble blood. If his secret gets out, he's as good as ruined. But he's determined to win the girl of his dreams, and he's not going to give up just because the odds are near-impossible.

pre:
Name: Flynn de Lorenza
Job: Red Mage

Abilities
Attack +1
Attractive +1
Charismatic +2
Combat Expert +2
Evasive +1
Heal +1
Magic, Arcane +2
Passion (Winning Constance's affections) +2
Quick +1
Smart +1
Tough +1
Vigorous +1
=+16

Weaknesses
Code of Conduct -1 (Courtesy to ladies)
Endurance Use (Heal) -1
Fussy -1
Love Interest (Lady Constance) -2
Overconfident -1
Rival (Albert Schneider) -3
Secret (Not actually noble) -2
Sensitivity (Being called a commoner) -1
=-12

Attacks & Spells
Rapier: Roll 5, DX 2, End 0 (Accurate +5, Weapon -5)
Fire/Blizzard/Thunder: Roll 4, DX 2, End 5 (Armor-Piercing x2 +10, Ranged +0, Delayed -5, Affinity: Fire/Ice/Lightning)
Cure: Represented by his Heal Ability.  Can also be cast offensively on undead using the Fire/Blizzard/Thunder template (Affinity: Holy).
Haste: Quick +1 (Delayed -5); End 5
Protect: Armored +1 (Delayed -5); End 5

Health: 50
Endurance: 50

5-Headed Snake God fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Dec 31, 2014

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am very excited about a chance to app another character with the OVA rules. Not sure exactly what I will be doing but I think I might try doing a dragoon of some sorts.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Komato, Moogle (Reverse-)Engineer

I know what you're thinking: what's a cute little thing like me doing trying to become a knight? Well, it's very simple, as can be explained by this presentation.

(click)

Where there have been advances in Ivalice, there has been a Moogle behind the scenes. The airship is said to have been an invention of early Moogles out of the machine city of Goug. Even today they dominate the forward march of science in a world where the clouds seem closer to arm's reach than ever before.

There are yet still Moogles who seek to perfect that which is deemed flawed to the attuned eye. Why do we still need chocobo-driven wagons when we can drive megatons of steel into the sky? Why, indeed, have we not harnessed the power of the giant beasts that loom on the outskirts of our borders? Why not let nature teach us how to create our machines?

"Eurekupo!" shouts one such innovator from the confines of his robot-driven landship. He has finally discovered the method of such a task, crossing his arms and staring into the optic center of a new kind of machine. "What is your designation?"

"I am MiMOG," it replies, lurching forward to stare at its fluorescent pom-pom, twitching its mechanical ears in curiosity.

"Close..." Komato tosses the automaton on its stomach and rewires a key component of the beastly moogle.

"I am MiMOG. Kupo."

"Perfect!" He grabs MiMOG by the wings and leads it outside, where a ravenous wolf clamps onto its arm and swings it around wildly. It pins the robot to the ground, bites into its throat and paws it for flesh. Unsatisfied, it retreats to its pack. After several moments, Komato peeks out over a boulder. "There's surely an ample amount of data now, kupo!" He emerges, takes many measurements of the bite marks and directs MiMOG back inside, where he and his creation develop upon the findings of nature's wrath.

(click)

So you see, this is the primary reason why I should be accepted into the Zodiac. My primary objective will be cataloging the various fauna of the world, but there is threat of Judges (and who knows what powers they harness...) and I am more than prepared to give my li-i-... excuse me. I'm prepared to give my ALL for the freedom of Ivalice. And the freedom of science, kupo! Isn't that right, MiMOG?

Affirmative.

I have created a new kind of intelligence. I have built the steps on which we will gain new understanding of life as we know it. And I'm confident that I can protect our people from oppression. Thought is meant to be free, kupo! When we cannot raise our voice in exaltation, we have truly lost the war. I, and MiMOG, will make our voices strong, our thoughts stronger and...

Why are you staring at me? Yes, I have a pom-pom. Moogles have pom-poms. Are you even listening to me? Look, do you want me or not? I am far too busy to waste my time on...

Stop touching my pom-pom...

quote:

Concept: Larger-Than-Life Admirer of Science
Job: Machinist
Sign: Gemini

Abilities
Companion: MiMOG +1
Cute! +2
Dexterous +3
Evasive +2
Flight +1
Inventor +2
Knowledge: Machinist Job +2
Knowledge: Bestiary +2
Perceptive +2 (Focus)
Pilot +1
Smart +2
Vehicle: The Fat Chocobo +2 (Workshop in a Hover-Wagon)
+ Armored 1, Inventor 2, Tough 2, Life Support 1
- Awkward Size 2

Total: +20

Weaknesses
Awkward Size -1
Bizarre Appearance -1
Crybaby -1
Easily Distracted -2
Focus: Librascope -1 (Handheld)
Jittery -2
Overconfident -2
Rude -1
Sensitivity: Moogle-ness -2
Stubborn -2
Weak -2

Total: -17

Combat Stats (Komato)
Defense: 4

Attacks (Komato)
Shoot: Roll 5(+2), DX 3, END 0
+ Ranged, Effective x2
- Ammunition, Weapon

MiMOG, Mime-Moogle Automaton

A moogle-inspired robot tasked with picking up combat data for all the top-tier fauna of Ivalice the only way one knows how: by experiencing it firsthand. Komato trusts this machine with his life, as only something born of his mind could stand to truly serve the task at hand. The way orders are relayed: Komato spots an exemplary action in his foes through his Librascope, which gives MiMOG a specific ability by which it must be struck. MiMOG is then taken into the Fat Chocobo for analysis and to upload perceived effects from its specially-crafted Blue Drive, its design based on the ancient idea of "Blue Magicks" discovered in recent digs.

quote:

Concept: Adaptive Robot Bodyguard
Job: Blue Mage
Sign: Libra

Abilities
Armored +1
Attack +2
Blue Magick, Arcane +4 (Suppressed)
Combat Expert +2
Flight +2
Strong +1
Tough +2
Vigorous +3

Total: +16

Weaknesses
Bizarre Appearance -3
Emotionless -3
Guardian: Komato -1
Mute -1
Restricted Freedom -3
Suppressed Power: Blue Drive -3 (Activated on Hit)
Vulnerability: Thunder -2

Total: -15

Combat Stats (MiMOG)
Defense: 2

Attacks (MiMOG)
Chocobo Kick: Roll 4, DX 4, END 0
1000 Needles: Roll 4, DX 6, END 5
+ Ranged, Armor Piercing x2, Effective x2
- Buildup x2, Feather Blow
Self-Destruct: Roll 4, DX 8, END 10
+ Area Effect x2, Continued Effect, Effective x4
- Break, Unique Flaw: Defeated -20

Magicks
Wolf: Combat Expert 2 (5/30)
Tortoise: Armored 3 (10/40)

quote:

Combat Stats (The Fat Chocobo)
Defense: 2
Health: 60

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jan 2, 2015

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010
Valerie Ganathain

Amnesiac Blademaster

Hah, if I had a coin for every time I've seen that reaction. Wouldn't be particularly all that rich, but more coin'd always be nice. I suppose I don't have to tell you who I am, since you're probably more familiar with my past than I am. Figure I should catch you up on the more recent stuff though.

The name Valerie Ganathain, that familiar feel of a blade in my hand and the title "Aquarius Knight." Those were the only link I had to my past after I washed ashore on a completely different continent. Jutland or something like that? Heard there was a race to an ancient artifact and I went down with the enemy ship. Anyways, spent a bunch of time wandering around trying to figure out who I was, until I met a guy who recognized the title. Then I ended heading to Ivalice. Eventually.

See, it was kinda hard actually getting here without getting caught up in a bunch of small incidents, just some regular old quests to slay a bunch monsters, or defeat a bunch of bandits, or gather a bunch of herbs. Turns out doing a bunch of that stuff adds up and a couple years had passed... Maybe a bit more than just a couple of years? Also didn't help when I went off half-cocked chasing down stuff when I was nowhere near Ivalice.

Okay, I understand why people thought I'd be dead after so long. I was more surprised that apparently the head thing happened before I lost my memory? The first time even? Was rather hoping to find an interesting story behind that. Though this is interesting in a way. Wasn't sure how to deal with the fact that most of the people who knew me are dead or retired or... wherever now.

Might not be the exact Val you remember, but it's close, right? Have to admit it's partly because I am interested in my past, but the rest of it is completely gut feeling. Heard that's served me good enough in the past.

pre:
Valerie Ganathain

Ability			Level	Notes

Agile			1	-
Armored			2	Focus
Attack			3	Focus
Combat Expert		4	-
Endurance Reserve	3	Focus
Famous			2	Focus
Incorporeal Form	2	Focus
Iron Willed		2	-
Quick			3	-

Weakness		Level	Notes

Absent Minded		1	-
Amnesia			2	-
Bizarre Appearance	1	-
Dependency		1	Her Head
Focus			3	See ^^^^
Impulsive		2	-
Ineptitude		2	Deceit
Kind-Hearted		1	-
Languid			1	-
Obsession		2	Her Past
Poor			1	-

Zandracon fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jan 3, 2015

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I so want to app a Seeq in this game, but I wish I knew the system.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Krios Kumbha

Fisherman and Part Time Dragoon

I miss my old fishing boat. It wasn't anything special but it had once been my father and it was always so much fun seeing the reactions of my fellow fishermen and sailors when they saw me wearing full plate armor as I went about fishing. You see my primary target was flying tuna, these absolutely massive flying Tuna, so the only way I could catch them was to relay on my Dragoon armor to take to the skies to hunt them down personally.

Did I mention I am a trained dragoon? So yes, starting at the age of 13 I was shipped off to continue in my mother's footsteps and learn how to fight like a raging metal comet. Those were some fun times but it was during that period that I met Dunkin Narek. He was always such a killjoy that whenever he saw somebody not taking our training as serious as he was he would flip out at them and try to send them to the hospital. So of course we ended up constantly fighting and despite his constant claims to being the better fighter he never managed to best me. Hell it reached such a level of animosity that he would come to my village almost monthly and challenge me to a dual.

Anyway so everything was going fine in my life, besides the constant duals with Dunkin, when suddenly I began to run into more then just flying tuna in the sky. At first it was just the occasional wyvern and young dragon, tough opponents to fight but still manageable. Then I started to run into fully grown dragons which made things very interesting. I managed to slay one of them, by pure luck more then anything, before I was driven back to my ship with a host of dragons at my heels. That marked the end of my fishing days, but that also marked the beginning of my time with the Knights Zodiac. You see they had seen my skill with a spear and asked me if I would be willing to join up with them. At first I refused as I was worried about what would happen to my village with the sudden increase in flying death but they promised to look after everything as long as I was willing to help out. So with my only worry accounted for I backed up my bags and headed out into the world. And who knows, maybe if I can sort out whatever issue my new employers have might also help deal with my dragon problem.
pre:
Advantages
Agile +3
Attack +2
Evasive +2
Gear +2 (Sky Plate)
-Armor +2
-Flying +2
-Vulnerability -2 (Lightning)
Knowledge +2 (Fishing)
Strong +3
Tough +1
Vigorous +2

Total 20

Flaws
Airhead -1
Code of Conduct -1
Easily Distracted -1 
Hatred -2 (Dragons)
Impulsive -2
Overconfident -2
Quirk -1 (Pacing whilst talking)
Rival -2 (Dunkin Narek)
Stubborn -1 

Total 15

Special Attacks

Jump Attack
Accurate +5
Effective x2 +10 
Delayed -5
Weapon -5

Pinning Blow
Accurate +5
Effective x2 +10 
Paralyzing +10
Delayed -5
Unwieldy -5
Weapon -5
Total +5

Dragon Slayer
Accurate +5
Armor Piercing x2 +10
Effective x2  +10 
Delayed -5
Unwieldy -5
Weapon -5
Total +10 

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jan 4, 2015

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Ardiel, Calculator

Two. Oh, um, hello. I didn't see you there. I was just, um. Counting primes.

Three.

Why am I here? Well um, I was supposed to be part of the Brave's support staff. You know. Keeping track of logistics and um. Stuff like that. Food and money and stuff while the other people fought people. My mother... my mother is Red Mage Yezera? Maybe you've heard of her? She sorta... she sorta signed me up. Something about "spending too much time counting and not enough outside."

Five.

But um, my convoy here got attacked by bandits. Seventeen of them. And uh, it turns out the guards were also bandits. So, twenty-three, counting them. Mother would have been furious. I mean. I was.

I was furious. Seven.

So I um.

I counted them down to zero.

So uh. I guess they decided to put me on the front lines.

Eleven. Plus me. Zodiac.

I mean, I mean, I'm not a mean person! I just want to stay here and read my books and figure out these formulas and. Count. Find new Primes. Build the world.

Thirteen. I was in school, you know! I was researching. And then my mother, and these... these... jerks have forced me into this! I wanted to find things out. Not hurt people.

All I wanted was to be left alone! Hrrsssssssseventeen. Nineteen. Twenty-three.

Calm.

Stay calm.

I'm sorry. I'm not good at talking to people. That's why I count. Numbers are constant. They don't lie.

Concept: My Hero Academagica

Barrier +2
Dimensional Pocket +2
Endurance Reserve +3
Famous +1
Intuitive +2
Iron-Willed +2
Knowledge: Mathemagic +3
Magic: Arcane +3
Magic: Witchcraft +3
Smart +3
Time Freeze +1
=24

Clumsy -2
Dull -1
Fear (Irrational Numbers) -1
Ineptitude (Explaining) -2
Kind-Hearted -2
Naive -1
Oblivious -1
Quirk (Prime Numbers) -1
Shy -1
Slow -3
Suppressed Power(Prime Numbers; Magic: Arcane) -2
Weak -2
=19

K Prime fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Dec 27, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Mellt, Viera Green Mage

FF Style Theme | Cool Theme

Hey! Yeah, you!

I heard this was where I could sign up for some adventure! And if there's adventure to be had, then Mellt's the Viera you want! I'm quick, and strong, and as tough as they come. I've got sharp claws and anything they can't scratch I can pound into the dirt with Stonemaul here. And even better I know green magicks like the back of my hand. I can make whatever puny leftovers you've got into fearsome fighters, make them move as quick as lightning, jump right over treetops, and break apart boulders with their bare hands!

Just point me at whatever is giving you trouble and I can smash right through it! I may not be the cleverest. And I may not know a lot of fancy words. And sometimes I let a pretty face distract me. And okay sure that lady was some kind of witch but she seemed like a nice grandmotherly type, which is why I threw those knights into the river, because it looked like they were being jerks, and that's just not right, but I didn't hurt them that bad and once they explained - what were we talking about again?

Oh, right! I'm here to sign up with the Braves! I told you that, right? Mellt's the name, and if there's adventure to be had, I'm going to have it!

What? Oh, sure, I can put you down. Sorry about that!

Concept: Raucous Adventurer

Abilities: 25
Agile +2
Combat Expert +3
Endurance Reserve +2
Magic, Arcane +4
Magic, Witchcraft +4
Quick +2
Strong +4
Tough +2
Vigorous +2

Weaknesses: 20
Absent-Minded -1
Airhead -1
Awkward Size -1
Compulsion [Snacks] -1
Easily Distracted -1
Fear -1 [Spiders]
Impulsive -2
Kind-Hearted -2
Love Magnet -2
Naive -1
Overconfident -3
Rival -2 [Rymr, Viera Spellblade]
Rude -1
Stubborn -1

Defense: 4
Health: 60
Endurance: 60 [40]

Attacks:
Stonemaul - Perks: Effective x2 - Flaws: Unwieldy, Weapon - Roll 7 - DX 7 - END 0
Golden Lion Crusher - Perks: Effective x2, Reach - Flaws: Unwieldy, Weapon - Roll 7 - DX 7 - END 5
Iron Tortoise Breaker - Perks: Armor Piercing, Barrier Buster, Effective - Flaws: Unwieldy, Weapon - Roll 7 - DX 6 - END 5
Falling Meteor Strike - Perks: Area Effect, Effective - Flaws: Unwieldy, Weapon - Roll 7 - DX 6 - END 5
MELLTDOWN! - Perks: Effective x6 - Flaws: Unwieldy x2, Weapon - Roll 7 - DX 11 - END 15

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 18, 2015

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

John "Jock the Kite" Karlville

That's kite like the bird, ye ken.

Why? Well, see, a kite does two things - it steals an' it flies.

Me? I steal and I fly, true. Simple enough, right. The flight? Well, not lit'rally. Climbin', aye, and movin' like I had wings afoot. The stealin', ye ken, not from you. Nor from anyone with a right an' proper life. See, there ain't any laws, in the darkmans. But there's...call it a code. You don't tumble the poor or innocent, you don't take more'n can be lived without, you don't con an honest man, you don't tumble another thief's stash an' you never bash those as don't fight back.

What's that? Thieves do those things all the time?

Aye, that's right. And, ye ken, they pay for it. That's my job. Someone has to enforce the code. Birds o' prey, they call us. That's the real reason for the kite. Some cull breaks the code, we find 'em. Maybe not right away. Maybe someone has to tell us first. But eventually? Eventually, we're there, bill at the ready.

No, no, not like bankers. A bill's a knife.

We take back what's owed an' we punish 'em as we see fit. Usually? Usually they don't walk away. Code's easy not to break, after all. We take the loot back to where it should be and pocket anything extra. A cull's got to eat, anyroad.

So you want to know why a cull like me is signing on with you? Well, you want the Knights Clandestine, don't you? I'm a bird o' prey, ye ken, an' that's your hand in the darkmans. Might as well get paid for it, aye?

Concept: Upright Thief

Abilities: 27
Agile 3
Art of Invisibility 3
Attack 2
Charismatic 2
Connected 2
Dexterous 3
Evasive 3
Intimidating 1
Intuitive 2
Iron-Willed 1
Knowledge (Criminal) 2
Perceptive 2
Quick 2

Weaknesses: 22
Code of Conduct (The Code) 2
Greedy 1
Impulsive 2
Infamous 2
Outcast (Criminals that don't accept the Code) 1
Overconfident 2
Quirk (Accent) 1
Rival (Hardheaded Investigator) 2
Rude 1
Sensitivity (Disrespect Towards Honest Thievery) 1
Soft Spot (Tiny Sandwiches) 1
Stubborn 2
Unlucky 1
Wanted (Angry Mob Boss) 3

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Dec 27, 2014

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Whoops, I totally forgot a thing that I'm realizing probably didn't come through well given the setup blurb. If you wanna be a Judge, that's a valid option. Judges aren't exempt from the Zodiacs, but the ones with a lot of power are probably busy quelling all the messes the Clandestine are stirring up. Don't know if this impacts anyone, but I figured I'd mention it.

Also geez that's a lot of posts already.

Edited the first post to clarify Knowledge and similar abilities (half cost, round up like the book suggests) as well as to clarify being a Judge is okay.

sentrygun fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Dec 27, 2014

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

TheNabster posted:

Woolwort Wauldorf

Focus and Gear are mutually exclusive, they both accomplish the same thing in different ways. If you want to be able to lose things that are important to you, you should take Focus as a weakness linked to your abilities you normally have. If you want to be able to remove a set of abilities to avoid the weaknesses on them, that's more Gear's wheelhouse. There's a pretty good blurb on this in the book next to Focus' entry. I'll also admit I'm not really seeing what'd stop Woolwort from just ducking into the nearest jagd to continue peddling his wares outside the reach of the Judges.

Maleketh posted:

Flynn de Lorenza, Human Red Mage

I'm iffy about doing this, but I'm gonna make a small override here. I was planning for the Zodiac houses to be named after the twelve zodiac signs and be held by the heroes of the last war, and in being a skeleton crew they're pretty much it. That said, I only have solid plans for a few of the houses. If you want Schneider to be one of the old Zodiac knights and for Flynn to be way in over his head trying to court his daughter, Leo might be a good fit given the terms of his challenge, and I don't have any plans for Leo already. If having a retired protagonist challenging Flynn is a bit much for you, House Schneider works just as well as one of Ivalice's many noble houses with Theodore being a fan of the stories of the old heroes, plus sending some bothersome mage off to go hunt down what might literally be a bunch of ghosts is a good way to get Flynn out of his hair for a good long while.

Ideally this doesn't change anything major for you and works fine, but whoops I planned on the Zodiac houses being important NPCs and totally wasn't specific enough on this.

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
Momoshi

A Moogle Journeys
Through the Paths of Yester-Year
Seeking Happiness

A New Happiness
One of Ingenuity
As Fresh As the Spring

The Moogle Once Sought
The Techniques of Samurai
And Saw Through Their Stance

The Moogle Traveled
Visiting the Paravirs
Learning Magic Arts

The Moogle Ponders
They May Never Find Their Goal
Winter Settles In...

"Perhaps", They Wondered
"A Synthesis Could Suffice"
The Winter Skies Break

The Speed of the Sword
The Power of Great Magic
The Art of Haiku

Together They Form
A NEW Sword Style, Unmatched
Known As...Haikupo

devilmaydry fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Dec 27, 2014

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Curses from all directions!
Aubrey
Concept: Wayfaring Ronin

Aubrey is a soft-spoken woman claiming to hail from the westernmost reaches of Jylland, beyond even the borders of the Grand Duchy of Romanda. It's not entirely certain where she comes from, and she almost never talks about her life prior to her arrival in Romanda. But it was in Romanda that she found herself eventually recruited by Archduke Ceodore Almace, nobly serving the Almace family as guardian and advisor for nearly three generations.

For decades she had served with distinction before the current Archduke, Weyland Almace, descended into a strange madness that her unfailing sword was unable to save him from. All things were now suspect in the mind of the Romandan Archduke, and of paramount concern was this small dragon-woman who was supposedly safeguarding the Almace dynasty and had watched over his father and grandfather before him. In a fit of paranoia, the Archduke ordered her imprisoned and forced her hand. Unwilling to submit to unjust imprisonment, she slew her would-be jailors and fled eastwards to the Ivalician mainland. She has been branded an enemy of the Romandan state.

Since then, she has simply been content to wander, even straying into the very heart of Ordalia. Throughout her journey to date, she's met with mixed reception. Gria are all but unknown here, she has discovered, which has made her dangerously stick out. Even with as far east as she's ventured, Aubrey has yet to outrun the mad Archduke's influence and occasionally encounters hitmen and mercenaries sent to exact his will. These days, she's little more than a penniless vagabond who has thus far subsisted on the rare reward for the acts of kindness she's prone to performing.

Fortunately for Aubrey, her troubles with Romanda haven't translated into problems with the Judges that rule these lands so far. She has ran afoul the Clandestine on more than one occasion, and now the two parties are more or less mutually hostile towards one another. Shortly after her arrival in Ivalice she attracted the attention of the Zodiac Knights, but had no desire to either involve them in her affairs, or embroil herself in theirs. However, recently another Zodiac agent encountered her and lured her into their service with the gift of a new katana. It wasn't a terribly hard sell.

pre:
Gria Samurai

Health: 30   Endurance: 60   Defense: 7 (2 Armor)

Abilities: 26
Ability:           Level:   Notes:                                 
Agile                3      -
Attack               1      -
Cute!                2      Because the FFTA description says so.
Evasive              2      -
Flight               3      Gria have wings.
Gear                 2      See "Gear" entry below
Iron-Willed          2      -
Knowledge            4(2)   Iaido, Samurai Job Command Ability
Quick                3      -
Sixth Sense          2      -
Strong               2      -
Vigorous             2      +20 Endurance

Weaknesses: -21
Weakness:          Level:   Notes:                                 
Bizarre Appearance   -1     Gria are extremely rare this far east.
Code of Conduct      -2     Bushido. She's all chivalrous and such.
Focus                -1     Knowledge, Iaido requires a katana.
Frail                -1     -10 Health
Fussy                -1     -
Hatred               -2     Guns (= misguided Romandan assassins.)
Kind-Hearted         -1     -
Obsession            -2     Getting better katanas.
Overconfident        -1     She's the best she is at what she does.
Poor                 -3     Paying jobs are far and few between.
Sensitivity, Height  -1     She's short.
Stubborn             -2     -
Wanted               -3     By Weyland Almace, Archduke of Romanda.

Gear: 2 (As per above)
Item:              Level:   Notes:                                 
(Katana) Asura       1      +1 Iaido, Enables Iaido Commands
(Armor) Hempen Robe  1      +2 Armor, -1 Vulnerability, Fire

Command:           Roll:  DX:  Cost:  Notes:                       
Fight               5     5     -     -
Iaido  (More abilities will be unlocked with better katanas!)
  Fang              7     9     5     Effective x4, Inaccurate x3
  Sword Slap        11    -     5     Accurate, Deals no damage,
                                         Auto-Paralyze for 5 turns.
  Spirit Blade      9     7     10     Fatiguing, Effective x3,
                                         Inaccurate
Hopefully this all jives. I'm not sure I know what I'm doing, much less doing it well.

bahamut fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Dec 29, 2014

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013

Dulph Duggumf, Nu Mou Morpher

"Now m'boy, Morphers are a dying breed. Hardly ever see 'em anymore. Not that there were ever a bunch of 'em. You can study to be any sort of mage you like without ever leaving the University, and I got a friend or two who made it to Sage without having to so much as look at a single feral monster. Can't do that and be a Morpher. Gotta get right in the thick of it. So you either get good or you get dead, understand?"

The old nu mou takes a card from his hand and puts it on the table. "As for which one I am... you see this hat? This isn't just a jaunty fashion statement, that eye on the front is a symbol of station. The robes you can take or leave, the staff's just a walking stick. It's the hat that marks the job."

A sip of his drink, another card down. The two cards next to it on the board flip over. "It's an attention-getter, I'll tell you that much. Makes you stick out in a crowd and no mistake. Something to be proud of, no matter what old Auggie at University says. He's a sage, ya see, and not like one of the ones before, heh heh. No, he's always out-and-about, getting lost and getting into trouble. Gotta respect a man like that, even if he is a bit of a prat. No idea how he ever managed tenure, between you and me."

Sniff. Card down. "So how about these Clandestine, eh? I hear they're looking for able-bodied recruits to help quell the uprising and all that nonsense. I might well sign up, it'll be an experience ya wouldn't soon forget. It'd be more interesting than holding up one side of a conversation while I soundly thrash folks at cards in the pub all day. Who'd have thought retirement would be so dull? One more round, I think -- your shout, by the way -- then I'm home to the missus to tell her I'm leaving."

Zodiac Sign: Leo

Abilities: +17
Hobby: Games +2
Hobby: Cooking +2
Smart +3
Willpower +2
Defense +2
Transformation: Ahriman +4 (grants Quick +2, Fly +3, Heightened Sense: Vision lv. +1, Witchcraft +2: inflict Coward -3)
Transformation: Blade-Biter +4 (grants Slow -2, Armor +4, Combat Skill +3, Strong +3)

Weaknesses: -12
Ageism -1, nu mou often look old and wizened, but he's honestly getting on in years
Arrogant -2
Fussy -2
Impulsive -2
Love Interest -1, he's a married empty-nester
Overconfident -1
Rival -2, professional/academic rival in Professor Auggie the Sage
Stubborn -1

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

sentrygun posted:

I'm iffy about doing this, but I'm gonna make a small override here. I was planning for the Zodiac houses to be named after the twelve zodiac signs and be held by the heroes of the last war, and in being a skeleton crew they're pretty much it. That said, I only have solid plans for a few of the houses. If you want Schneider to be one of the old Zodiac knights and for Flynn to be way in over his head trying to court his daughter, Leo might be a good fit given the terms of his challenge, and I don't have any plans for Leo already. If having a retired protagonist challenging Flynn is a bit much for you, House Schneider works just as well as one of Ivalice's many noble houses with Theodore being a fan of the stories of the old heroes, plus sending some bothersome mage off to go hunt down what might literally be a bunch of ghosts is a good way to get Flynn out of his hair for a good long while.

Ideally this doesn't change anything major for you and works fine, but whoops I planned on the Zodiac houses being important NPCs and totally wasn't specific enough on this.

I'm fine with this. I'll make changes this afternoon.

EDIT: Fixes made. I changed House Schneider to House Leo and Albert's last name to Schneider (because I like it better than Lans). I was really, really tempted to rename Constance's dad "Leodore."

5-Headed Snake God fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Dec 27, 2014

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

sentrygun posted:

Focus and Gear are mutually exclusive, they both accomplish the same thing in different ways. If you want to be able to lose things that are important to you, you should take Focus as a weakness linked to your abilities you normally have. If you want to be able to remove a set of abilities to avoid the weaknesses on them, that's more Gear's wheelhouse. There's a pretty good blurb on this in the book next to Focus' entry. I'll also admit I'm not really seeing what'd stop Woolwort from just ducking into the nearest jagd to continue peddling his wares outside the reach of the Judges.

Noted, Focus can be put into Weaknesses. Healer will be moved to outside of the Gear, And I think to make up the points more by adding something to make sure Woolwort falls in line, something like the Servitude or Restricted Freedom, what do you think would fit more?

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Dec 27, 2014

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Apologies for the slightly cheesecake image for the transformed from, but it was the only thing I could find that had the look I was going for effects wise.

Rene Jones - The Gunsmith (Machinist/Gunner)

Normal look

Transformed look.

Rene joined the Zodiac Braves following her discovery as a young lass in what is presumed to be her village. Or more accurately her village burning down to the ground. The reasons for the fire were due to the fight that had just finished, a dangerous pyromantic sorcerer finally being brought to justice at the point of a sword. The fight left several of the braves's men dead, and the settlement annihilated. In the post fight clean up, the girl was found cowering under the overcooked corpse of the local blacksmith. Assumptions were made that he'd died defending her, and in an act of charity out of respect to the man's sacrifice, they took her with them. better that then to leave her to starve or become food for monsters.

The thing was, everyone in the village was a monster. The entire place had been filled with monsters who had learned to disguise themselves as people. Living out as close to a normal life as possible. Few are aware of this. Rene's own knowledge of the situation is limited, most of her memories before her rescue are gone. But this one thing she is certain of. Far as anyone else knows, her strange powers are due to a side effect of the magic being thrown around. A magical corruption that has settled itself within her bones and body. Tests certainly seem to indicate this to be the case. The only other explanation would be that she wasn't Hume at all! That would be madness! This explanation wasn't quite enough to cause everyone to welcome her with open arms. Hardly surprising, a number still view her as a reminder of the lives lost that day. Though most have accepted her, she tries hard to prove herself and ignore the occasional insults and tricks.

She was taken in and raised by Old Ulric-One Eye. Ulric taught her the art of black smithing, and has worked tirelessly to help her come out of her shell. Growing up surrounded by soldiers and mercenaries, Rene has become a confident, attractive and outgoing young woman. Though flirtatious and impulsive, she is often reserved when meeting new people, trying to best work out if they could discover her secret heritage. This is increasingly a concern as with her blooming into a beautiful girl she's drawn a lot of attention from potential suitors. A situation not helped by her flirting.

Her closest friend is a Moogle called Itzy. Who taught her about guns and how to make them. The two of them are close and Itzy is the only person that Rene will open up to about her personal fears and worries. Even the things she wouldn't admit to Ulric about. She'll often put herself in harms way to safeguard her friend. Such faith that she has in Itzy that she'll trust her advice about guys and people over anyone else's, implicitly trusting them more than she would had she met them any other way.

Since then Rene has learned to fight with a seemingly endless supply of firearms, compensating for her lack of physical strength with speed and reach. So fast is she that she can disappear entirely, and reappear in a flurry of embers and ash in a blink of an eye. Only getting better when she lets her monstrous powers show through. Taking on a flaming appearance and flash stepping though fights in a glittering trail of ash and gunfire.

---

Abilities - 26
Agile +2
Gear +3
Quick +2
Teleport +2
Knowledge +1 (Blacksmithing)
Knowledge +1 (Gunsmithing)
Beautiful +2
Performer +2
Intuitive +1
Smart +1
Smithing (Inventor) +2
Dimensional Pocket +3
Transform +4

Gear
-Attack +3
-Combat expert +3
-Armored +2
-Intimidating +3
-Overconfidence -2

Transform
- Tough: +2
- Vigorous +2
- Walking Arsenal: +4
- Teleport: 2
- Bizarre appearance -2 (Ash and smoke wreathed form, burning embers for eyes, scorched earth skin)

Weakness - 21
Amnesia -1
Easily Distracted -1
Impulsive -2
Lecherous -1
Kind-Hearted -1
Servitude -1 (To the Guild)
Love Magnet -2
Dependency -2
Infamous -1 (Magical corruption)
Outcast -1 (Tight knit group of doubters)
Endurance Use: Inventive -2
Compulsion -1 (Honesty)
Absent-Minded -1
Soft Spot -2 (Sweets)
Secret -2 (Actually a Monster pretending to be a hume)

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES
Never played OVA, but I'm always down for some FF action. Lemme just get acclimated to the system first.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Registering interest. I gotta look over the OVA rules first though.

Auraboks
Mar 24, 2013

...huh?
Frauke

Gria Hunter-Bard

Hey. This is where you sign up to be one of those Zodiac whatevers, right? I wanna do that. I'll just put my name here, then. See ya!

...what? Interview? Oh, right. I'll save you the trouble of asking questions and just dump my whole life story on you in one go, is that cool? Cool. Now sharpen your ear-holes and listen up.

Once upon a time, about twenty years ago, a gria family was blessed with a beautiful daughter. They'd had four others before that, but I don't think that made me any less of a blessing. The more the merrier! Anyway, my childhood was honestly pretty sweet - mom and dad didn't have a lot of time for me, but they compensated for that by spending a ton of money on gifts and tutors and stuff. I think they felt bad about it, but they didn't need to. Time is money, right? So those things were just as good as quality time with the family.

Anyway, all that silver did have a cloudy lining. You see these wings? They're not supposed to be just for show. But I could just never fly like the other kids my age. I thought I was just a late bloomer, but nope. Turns out some of my tendons are too short, so I can't get the full range of motion in my wings. I mean, I can still get off the ground if I flap really hard, but it's not like I'll be soaring among the stars, you know? Can't keep it up for long, either. So if you were hoping for an aerial scout or whatever, I'll have to disappoint you.

Even with that handicap, I made a decent hunter when I grew up. Sure, my siblings did better - my eldest sister, Elka, is actually a Judge - but I could survive in the wilds as well as any of those smug, flying... yeah, can't say I got along with my fellow hunters. They had a tendency to leave me behind, you see. On account of my wings not working.

So one day, when the rest of my team flew home while I was stuck in a tree for the fifth time, I decided I'd had enough. I went the opposite direction to home, and just walked until I got here. Sent my folks a letter (no reply) and made a new life for myself. Got some use out of those music lessons I took as a kid. It's unbelievable what passes for entertainment around here, I swear half those minstrels are tone-deaf. Well, I showed them. Made a name for myself with nothing but a fiddle, some gumption, and a boatload of talent. Although I think some people come to my shows just to gawk at the funny-looking dragon-woman, but hey, doesn't matter to me as long as I get paid.

I even worked my way up to playing at some private events put on by a few of the noble families, which... You've got to understand, I give my audience what they want to hear. So when I played at the Wineburg estate last week, I sang some things about the drinking habits of the Redford family. And when I played for the Redfords, I gave them a lovely ballad about Lady Godebert's many chins. These people all hate each other! I didn't expect them to sit down and swap stories about the fantastic entertainment they had at their parties!

But apparently they do. So now I've got a dozen angry families with more pride than sense trying to make my life difficult. That's, uh, kind of why I'm here. I don't think they'll go too far if I'm with the Knights, it'd be a huge faux pas or something. Plus, I'm pretty sure my music career will really take off if I help save the world.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Those aren't the best reasons to join. But it's not like you have a ton of people lining up to risk their lives, and here I am volunteering.

pre:
Health: 40	Endurance: 50	Defense: 3

Abilities				+25	Notes
Agile					+2
Art of Invisibility			+3
Attack					+2
Charismatic				+1
Evasive					+1
Famous					+1	Popular musician
Flight					+1	Endurance use (10)
Intuitive				+2
Knowledge (music)			+2	Half-cost
Knowledge (wilderness)			+2	Half-cost
Lucky					+2
Magic, Arcane (bard song)		+3	Area Effect, Activation, Focus
Performer				+4	Focus
Vigorous				+1

Weaknesses				-20	Notes
Bizarre Appearance			-1
Compulsion (blabbermouth)		-2
Dependency (the spotlight)		-1
Easily Distracted			-1
Endurance Use (flight)			-2	
Focus (bard song, performer)		-2	Can't play without a fiddle
Greedy					-2
Hatred (shoddy performers)		-1
Impulsive				-3
Outcast					-1	Bad wings = bad gria
Poor					-2
Wanted	(minor nobles)			-2

Attack		Perks/Flaws		Roll	DX	Cost
Shoot		Ranged, Accurate,	5	3	0
		Weapon

Arrow Stab	Defensive, Weapon	4	3	0

Ultima Shot	Ranged, Accurate x2, 	6	7	10
		Armor Piercing, 
		Effective x4, Weapon,
		Concentration

Hare Snare	Trap, Accurate, 	5	3	10
		Paralyzing x2, No Damage

Fist-to-face	Accurate x2, Unwieldy,	6	2	0
		Ineffective

Song				Effect		Cost
Don't Take Your Eyes Off Me	Attack	+2	10
Dodge It Like It's Hot		Evasive +2	10
Like An Airship			Flight	+2	10
Great Walls of Ire		Armor	+3	20
Run For The Hills And Far Away	Quick	+3	20

Auraboks fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 1, 2015

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Cyrus, Judge

One of the youngest sons of a prominent noble, Cyrus was expected to learn the finer arts of state and serve as an adviser or minister to his elder brother. Instead, he got in fights a lot and ran away from home. These weren't the 'troubled teen lashing out at the world' sort of fights, mind; he just liked fights. He seemed born for the rough-and-tumble world of clans and made a name for himself on one part strength and three parts sheer daring.

However, that same daring got him into more than a few sticky situations, and it was with the help of the judges that he was able to escape the clutches of a particularly vindictive crime lord he ended up deep in debt to. This experience opened his eyes to both the threats facing the common man from lawbreakers and the positive influence and power of the judges. After a series of grueling trials, he was able to secure a position among their ranks. He proved as proficient a judge as he was a clan member, and his tireless efforts have won him no end of enemies in the underground.

Clan work had been merely been scandalous; by joining the judges, Cyrus placed himself in active opposition to his own noble house and its profiteering at the edges of the law. Thus far, clashes have only taken the form of formal complaints and other attempts to trip up his duty. But the deeper Cyrus digs into the Knights Clandestine, the more convinced he becomes that his own house is deeply involved. Clearly seeing the threat they posed, he volunteered for the knights zodiac without a second thought.

Abilities: +26
Armored 3
Barrier 1
Charismatic 1
Combat Expert 3
Intimidating 2
Intuitive 2
Iron-Willed 1
Knowledge (Law and the Judges) 4
Position of Power 3
Strong 2
Teleportation 2
Tough 2

Gear 3 (Judge Sword)

aka his official weird loving pizza cutter sword
Strong +2
Barrier +3
Slow -2

Weaknesses: -21
Code of Conduct 3 (Upholding the Law)
Love Magnet 1
Overconfident 2
Rival 2 (elder brother)
Servitude 3 (The Judges)
Slow 2
Soft Spot 2 (Gambling)
Stubborn 2
Short-Tempered 1
Unlucky 1
Wanted 3 (various criminals and nobles)

Moves:
Blitz: 0
Armor-Piercing (x2) +10
Accurate +5
Delayed -5
Feather Blow -5
Ineffective -5

Bonecrusher [Barrier]: 10
Effective (x5) +25
Feather Blow -5
Unwieldy (x2) -10

Darkra: 10
Blinding +20
Area Effect +10
Ranged +0
No Damage -20

Rasp: 5
Ranged, Strength-Powered +5
Fatiguing +0

Red Card: 20
Impairing +10
Stunning +10
Paralyzing (x2) +20
Disarming +10
Ranged +0
No Damage -20
Requirement (Violated The Law) -10

Staticpulse
Nov 1, 2010

Herein I have explained the operation of the sun.
Edit: Here it is. Hopefully there aren't any glaring problems!

Isidoro the Farseer

Concept: Fortune Teller of Fate
Job: Astronomer/Illusionist
Zodiac Sign: Scorpio

Hailing from the obligatory desert area of Ivalice (Rub’al Khali, for the uninformed), Isidoro is a man who seeks fame and fortune from above and below. He was an ordinary desert rat who lives on thieving bread and milk from his betters but his life changed dramatically one day. He was out with his friends exploring the various desert ruins near his home town. Already picked over by intrepid adventurers over the days, not much was ever found in these ruins but there were rumors. Always with the rumors, but one such rumor turned out to be gold for little Isidoro. He and his friends stumbled upon a hidden chamber wherein a crystal ball as black as night was housed. Isidoro grabbed the orb…

… and his life was forever changed.

He was never quite sure what happened at that moment, but he always described it as ‘his mind rapidly expanding, filling, and changing’. Suddenly he was hit with the realization that there was more in life than being a measly thief living in a poor slum. No, there was so much more out there. Things he could experience, things that could be his. He simply needed to reach out and take it for his own. And now, in his hands, he held the means to his future.

‘The orb of all-seeing’, as Isidoro calls it, is at the center of his new-found success. With the orb in hand, he began seeing visions. The swirling of magic in the cosmos. Power he could draw upon to fulfill his desires. He began to use his orb to tell others their fortunes, reading the stars that guide every living thing to their ultimate fate. Isidoro gained a reputation as an accurate reader of fortunes and found himself being solicited by merchants and, eventually sultans.

Isidoro quickly found that none of these people cared for the truth. He never told a lie when it came to one’s future, no matter how bleak it was. But no one wanted to hear ill fortune and quickly dismissed or threatened him when he did. Disgusted and disillusioned with those who ignored his warnings, Isidoro used what money he acquired to seek fortunes elsewhere.

Fortune favors the bold, so when Isidoro consulted the stars about the Knights Zodiac he signed up with them immediately. Fame and fortune awaited him and he would not be denied what was rightfully his!

In addition to his fortune telling gig, Isidoro is also a stage magician under the stage name Zalleus. He is particularly adept with Illusions and puts on a pretty good show but as of late he's formed a bit of a rivalry with a Mime that goes by the stage name Pantomime (named as such as that is how they got into the business). Aside from stealing his crowds and putting on shows at the same time as him, they've even appeared during his shows and made a fool of him. Isidoro has sworn that he will upstage Pantomime and drive their silly silent comedy out of business.

Abilities: 21
Attack: +2
Barrier (Focus): +2
Charismatic: +1
Evasive: +1
Illusionist (Focus): +3
Intuitive: +1
Iron-Willed: +2
Knowledge (Astronomy): +4 (2)
Magic, Arcane (Focus): +2
Magic, Witchcraft (Focus): +2
Sixth Sense: +2
Smart: +1
Vigorous: +1
Wealthy: +1

Weaknesses: 17
Arrogant: -2
Bizarre Appearance: -1
Emotionless: -1
Focus: -2
Frail: -1
Greedy: -3
Obsession (Fate): -2
Rivalry (Pantomime): -2
Soft Spot (Chocobos): -1
Stubborn: -2

Health: 30

Attacks:

Stardust (5 En): Ranged (+0), Accurate (+5), Armor Piercing (+5), Barrier Buster (+5) / Elaborate Gestures (-5), Feather Blow (-5)
A shower of small, colorful particles barrages an unfortunate soul. This attack is meant to pierce defenses, not deal killing blows, so is somewhat ineffective in dealing damage. It does look very pretty, though!

Star Cross (10 En, Affinity: Holy): Ranged (+0), Overwhelming (+10), Effective (+5) / Buildup (-5)
Small points of light appear above a target and barrage it with lasers. The lights strike from all angles quickly, so it is hard to dodge against. Since the magic uses light, it is holy based and particularly effective against the undead.

Galaxy Stop (10 En): Ranged (+0), Paralyzing (+10), Stunning (+20), Multiple Targets (+20) / Activation (-10), No Damage (-20), Cancel (-10, Doesn't affect those with the Scorpio sign)
Utilizing the Orb of All-Seeing, Isidoro reads the stars of those before him and commands them to halt their heavenly movement. This magic takes much concentration and time to pull off, but when it succeeds the enemy is virtually helpless as they frozen in space. However, anyone born under the sign of Scorpio cannot be affected by this magic since Isidoro would freeze himself if he did so.

Staticpulse fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 3, 2015

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
pre:
Judge Aino
Fencer/Sniper

Aino's Theme Aino's Theme

Health	50
Endur	40
Init	4d

Abilities	(23)
Agile 2
Armored 2
Attack 2
Combat Expert 3
Connected (Judges) 3
Evasive 1
Intimidating 1 
Iron-Willed 1
Knowledge (Judges) +2
Knowledge (Crime) +4
Position of Power (Judge) 3
Quick 2
Tough 1

Weaknesses	(18)
Arrogant 1
Bizarre Appearance 1
Code of Conduct (Judge's Oath) 2
Dependency (Ruby pin) 2
Emotionless 1
Impaired Sense (Hearing) 1
Infamous 2
Pacifist 1
Rival (Clan Redwings) 2
Secret 2
Servitude 1
Stubborn 1
Wanted 1

Perks and Flaws
Attack
	Piercing Blow
	Armor Piercing (+5)
	Reach (+5)
	Delayed (-5)

Beso Toxico
	Ranged (+0)
	Impairing (+10)
Simpletons assume all Viera are forest-dwelling primitives. The plain fact is that Viera are drawn to the energies of life itself; what kind of life doesn't especially matter. It's been this way since the other species decided to stop squatting around campfires or skulking in caves and accumulate in number.

There are all kinds of subspecies of Viera, informed by the environments in which they're raised, though they keep the details to themselves, and many of the nuances are lost to outside observers. This story concerns two sisters born to the city of Graszton, Aino and Satu.

Aino was what her younger sister was not. Aino was serious, farsighted and thick-skinned where Satu was whimsical, carefree and open-hearted. They fought, as siblings do, and went their separate ways for many years. Young Aino became a Judge, dispatched to the eastern shores as part of the great effort to turn back the pirate clans from across the sea.

The Viera are long-lived, and Aino spent many years in the east. Time can change a person, but it can also burn them down to their essence, under pressure and heat. Aino became like a diamond, hard and brilliant and cold. She was much admired by her peers, and much hated by the criminal elements.

Aino became the Jurist expert on the Red Wings pirate band, ruining many of their schemes and clashing many times with their leader, Ruby Red. The Judge's prized possession, the ruby pin she keeps in her hair, was taken from Red in one of their many battles. She keeps it as a cherished memento of her rival, now passed of old age, and of her time in the East.

Not all of the Judge's stories end happily, however. The great pattern of life can weave terrible, tangled schema over the decades. Not many years before the Judges Magister announced victory over the pirate bands, Aino undertook the pursuit and capture of the Red Wings' latest grandee, reputed to be a thief and assassin of fearsome skill. For months the Judge tracked the assassin, managing to foil as many plots as she failed to prevent, before the two met on a desolate cliffside in the southern shores.

It was her sister, Satu. She claimed to have traveled around the world, flourishing in her sister's absence, taking what she decided was hers and living a life of grandness.

Aino's report on that day is terse, claiming that harsh words escalated to blows. The Judge doesn't voluntarily speak of the event; she returned with her sister's bow, without her right ear, and without a sibling.

Perhaps her loss softened the Judge, or took her edge off. Returned home, Aino is strident as ever in her duties, but less inclined to judge summarily, and less fond of the blade.

With rumors circulating about the supposed Knights Clandestine, and stirrings of a revival of the Red Wings, it's likely the Judge's story isn't done yet.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

pre:

Name: Emet 
Job: Pawn of the Occuria Itinerant Historian and Black Mage
Birthday: Emberleaf 8th
Race: Moogle?
Association: Knights Zodiac
Hobbies: Reading historical texts, Helping others using magick, birdwatching
Fave Food: Pudding 

Abilities
Attack +1
Barrier +3
Dimension Pocket +2
Endurance Reserve: Medallion +3
Illusionist +3
Knowledge: Ivalice History +2
Magick, Black and Green(Positive) +5  (Arcane Magic)
Magick, Green(Negative) +2        (Witchcraft)
Smart +3
Magick, Kinetic +2 (Telekinesis)
Total: +26

Weaknesses
Absent-Minded -1
Amnesia -1
Bizarre Appearance -2
Dependency: Engraved Medallion -1
Fussy -1
Infamous -1
Jittery -1
Kind-Hearted -1
Naive -2
Room For Two: Voice of the Gods -2
Shy -1
Slow -1
Unique Weakness: Unaffected by Healing Magic -3
Vulnerability: Magic -2
Weak -1
Total: -21
What Emet Thinks: Emet's first memory is waking up in a workshop, surround by the curious faces of the moogle family that would soon come to adopt him. Gramma Mimoza was the first one to come close, and she drew him into a big hug, wordlessly accepting him. As time passed, and he learned more about the family business of archaeology and artifact repair, he grew more and more curious about his time before he woke up. The curiousity wasn't helped by a nagging feeling that he had to leave. He felt so at home though,translating glyphs and sharing raucous jokes involving the Dynast-King, that he clamped down that urge for close to a year. One day, though, he woke up to discover that he had simply sleepwalked away from everything and everyone he had ever known. That was the same day he discovered he could do magick. The Mist-fueled storm of grief and loss levelled the grove of trees Emet had awoken in, and he trudged off in a direction that felt right. Now he wanders from hamlet to hamlet, tutoring and translating whenever money becomes an issue. He's learned to control his power, and while he may seem like a weakling on the outside, at his core burns a single desire: Home. Emet hopes that the Knights Zodiac can help him find it...

The Truth: Emet is in fact, a failed Occuria experiment, from the time before the Dynast-King. An attempt to create a servant powered by deifacted nethicite, he was sealed away after being deemed 'unstable'. Now however, the Occuria find themselves without any other option. The Knights Clandestine are an aberration that threaten their carefully tended world, and find themselves without their usual tools to correct this error. Emet's awakening was seen is serendipitious, and now the full might of the Occuria is focused on the oblivious mage, and the Knights Zodiac. With them, Ivalice will be set back on the proper path, and the Occuria's will shall be done. Glory be.

FewtureMD fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 4, 2015

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Sol Sidonbrook

There are many faiths in Ivalice. There are some people who believe in the spirits of the land, and the blessings they grant to their followers. Others put their trust in saints and prophets, believing in those who claim to have seen visions of a bright new day. And a scant few place their faith on the infinite cosmos and the stars that show travelers the way in the night's darkest moments. The Star Knights count themselves among this number. The armed contingent of a religious order that was exterminated a long time ago, the Star Knights have kept a modified version of its doctrine alive, acting as a peacekeeping force within Ivalice. They were primary participants in the fall of the Empire, using their fantastic skills gained from contemplation of the universe and achieving a state of harmony with it to reinforce the rebel armies and slay the loyalist commanders. But like everybody else, they too bore the scars of that anarchic war...

---

Sol is a young Star Knight recruit. Orphaned at a very young age, he was taken in by the Knights and raised in their traditions. He possessed a remarkably strong connection to the world, the sort that manifested after much practice and training, and that attracted the attention of Master Adimarch Viers, the Sword of Altair, who had announced his retirement after the fall of the empire amidst a flurry of accusations and scorn from other members of the order. Once in charge of the Imperial Palace's security detail, he defected to the rebellion with much precious information, breaking his oaths of loyalty and service. Though his actions greatly reduced the amount of blood shed during the coup, he still earned the title of betrayer amongst the members of the order. Loud, rude, bitter and contrarian, Viers the Betrayer was still considered one of the greatest masters of the order's martial techniques, and thus it came as a great surprise when he suddenly took not one but two apprentices for the first time in his long history of service. For the Star Knights, the day Viers the Betrayer began the process of crafting a legacy that would hopefully not be tainted by his crimes was a monumentally important day. For Sol, meeting Luna was a far more momentuous event.

Luna Achenar was Viers' second pupil. Sol and her quickly formed a connection, as their master began putting them through a brutal training regime. They would rise with the sun, train until it began sinking, spend hours studying the order's doctrine, and then return to their shared cell, only to begin anew the next day. Separated from the other trainees, they naturally came together. Having someone to share things with was the only way to survive Master Viers' ruthless methods of 'turning coal to diamond', as he liked to say. As they grew and practice was gradually replaced by fieldwork with the Master, Sol began to realize there was more to their bond than he had thought. When she was away, he missed her terribly. He did not quite realize what that meant until he saw the stoic, usually serious Luna give him a smile that glowed like the moon, and saw the light dancing in her eyes when they reunited after a long, grueling bandit hunt. He loved her, and to his great fortune, she loved him back too. They grew closer over the following months, keeping their dalliance a secret from their master and their peers, but before they could gather the courage to make their relationship official, fate pulled them away. And it all began with the arrival of an old friend...

It was a day like any other when a messenger arrived, bearing news of a visitor who wished to see Master Viers. As he was away at the moment, Luna was tasked with entertaining the guest. Later, after returning to their quarters, she and Sol had a conversation that proved to be a hint of what was to come. Why, Luna asked, were the Judges allowed to administrate Ivalice as they saw fit? They were nothing more than petty lawmen, acting on an authority that had been overthrown long ago. If someone was meant to rule the land, shouldn't it be the people with a divine right to it? Their discussion continued long into the night, Luna questioning why the Star Knights tolerated this unjust order after rebelling against the old empire, Sol arguing that any attempts to change the status quo would only serve to throw Ivalice into a bloody war. Neither of them could convince the other to accept their position, but they could also not dismiss the truth of the other's words. That night, he slept lightly, disturbed by visions of rivers of blood and men with lost hopes. When he woke up next morning, Luna was nowhere to be found. She'd vanished in the night, leaving only a note behind.

Farewell posted:

"Once upon a time, our master gave up his vows, prestige and honor to shatter an order he could no longer believe in. Now that I find myself in the same position, the only thing I can do is follow in his steps. I couldn't face you and tell you that I had to leave you, but I can't let love silence my conscience's voice. Our country is broken, Sol, and I'll give up everything I have to heal it."

"With my love...all my love..."

-Luna

There was no time for shock to set in. When he informed Master Viers of Luna's departure, he became wrathful like Sol had rarely seen before, and told him a story that put her sudden exit into perspective. Yesterday, Viers had been visited by an old comrade from before the Rebellion War, Master Barsom Cross, who had once been his closest friend. Their meeting had been an ugly one, as Viers had questioned the man who'd abandoned the order and gone into exile when faced with their decision to help with the dismantling of the Empire. Cross, uncaring, had given Viers an offer, for the sake of their old friendship: The royal house of Ivalice had not been rendered extinct as had been previously believed. Sooner or later, they would be returned to their rightful place and office, and Viers could redeem himself for betraying them or oppose them, becoming little more than a footnote in history along with his broken dreams of an Ivalice free of any governing bodies. Dismissing his old friend, Viers had sent him away, unaware that Cross had planted the seeds of doubt in the mind of one of his students and drawn her to his cause as a final backstab to his old friend. He had waited patiently, and Luna had come with him, abandoning her teacher for a new master, and giving Sol and his mentor a clear sign of how serious the threat of the monarchists truly was. In the face of such a threat, Master Viers decided it was time to resume contact with his co-conspirators during the Rebellion Wars, who had remained active from the shadows: The Knights Clandestine.

pre:
Name: Sol Sidonbrook
Job: Star Knight
Concept: Knight Of Torn Loyalties
Sign: Gemini
Sex: Male
Hair Color: Silver
Eye Color: Blue
Hobbies: Theatre, riddles, watching sunset and sunrise, stargazing
Favorite Food: Valendian Escalope
Allies: Master Adimarch Viers, The Order of the Burning Stars (in a way)
Enemies: Luna Achenar (of sorts), Master Barsom Cross
Love Interests: Luna Achenar

Health: 60	Endurance: 60/80	Defense: 3

Abilities			Rank			Cost		Notes
Agile			         2			 2
Attack			         4			 4
Beautiful			 1			 1
Endurance Reserve	         4			 4
Intuitive			 2			 2
Iron-Willed			 3			 3
Knowledge (Starblade)		 4			 2	Star Knight Job Command
Sixth Sense			 2			 2
Strong			         2			 2
Tough			         2			 2
Unique Power (Wakeful)		 1			 1	Does not need much sleep
Vigorous			 2			 2
Total			         31			 29

Weaknesses			Rank			Cost		Notes
Code of Conduct			 2			 -2	Nobility and Temple
Compulsion         		 1			 -1     @
Fear		 		 1			 -1	Dark Places
Fussy			         3			 -3	*
Kind-Hearted		         2			 -2
Love Interest (Luna Achenar)	 3			 -3	+
Love Magnet			 2			 -2
Obsession			 2			 -2	-
Outcast			         1			 -1	#
Overconfident		 	 3	     		 -3
Rival (Luna)			 3			 -3
Servitude 			 2			 -2	To Master Adimarch Viers
Stubborn			 3			 -3
Total			         28			 -28

@: Observation of Celestial Bodies
*: The World Should Be Better Than This
+: Reciprocated, but impossible due to conflicting loyalties
-: With convincing Luna to abandon her crusade
#: For being the squire of Viers the Betrayer

Attacks		Multiplier		Cost		Perks/Flaws
Starfall Blade		x4		0 EN		Area, Range/Delayed
Blackhole Saber		x4		10 EN  Area, Range, Stunning/Delayed, Unwieldy 2 
Sun Flash		x0		5 EN	Area, Blinding/No Damage, Delayed
Sol Blazer		x10		25 EN		^ 

ALL Attacks: Weapon (requires sword to perform)
^: Sol Blazer Perks/Flaws (Overwhelming, Effective 4, Continued Effect/Open To Attack) 

Transient People fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jan 3, 2015

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Hero the Fourth

Concept: Peasant from a long line of Peasants looking to break the cycle.

Whenever a new monster emerges from its foul warren, bandits ravage the countryside, or evil sorcerers make a grab for power, some poor peasant goes missing, gets held for ransom, or is captured for use it some terrible ritual. Hero’s family alone has borne that burden since time immemorial! It’s a poo poo job, but it’s their poo poo job, and they’re proud of it. But the family has a dream, and that dream is Hero’s dream; that one day, one of their family members would not be among the rescued, but among the rescuers. Hence the optimistic name. Hero is actually the eldest of many children, each given similarly optimistic names; like his younger brothers Protagonist and Cloud, and his sister Lightning.

The recent troubles have made Hero hopeful that perhaps, just maybe, he might be the one to end his family’s thousand-year run of bad luck. He’s trained long and hard with the tools of his trade. He may not be some pampered prince, swinging a singing sword to a fro, but you would be surprised at how useful a few simple farmer’s tools can be, once you put an edge to them. And just imagine what kind of edge a thousand years of misfortune have put to Hero’s determination!

pre:
Hero the Fourth

H: 100
E: 40
Abilities: 25/25
	Attack 1
	Companion 1: Hero’s beloved donkey, Hote
	Contacts 3: Extended, Extended Family
	Dimensional Pocket 2: Limited to Agricultural Equipment
	Evasive 2
	Intuitive 2
	Iron-Willed 2
	Job (Knowledge) 2: Peasant
	Pilot 2
	Strong 4
	Tough 5

Weaknesses: 20
	Code of Conduct 1: Peasant’s Code: To be fair and honest in all your dealings, and always be satisfied with your labors.
	Easily Distracted 1
	Naïve 3
	Impulsive 3
	Kind-Hearted 3
	Outcast 1: Provincial
	Obsession 2: The Family Curse
	Poor 2
	Unique Weakness 1: Dimensional Pocket limited to Agricultural Items
	Unlucky 3: THE THOUSAND-YEAR CURSE STRIKES AGAIN!

Attacks: Multipliers – Attack x1, Strong x4
	Kickin’ Yer rear end: Hero and Hote double-team their foe with a flurry of strikes and kicks
		Perks: Overwhelming +10, Effective +5
		Flaws: Assisted -15, 
	Hauling rear end: Hero mounts Hote wielding a farm implement for this mighty charge
		Perks: Effective 2 (+10), Armor-piercing +5, Accurate +5
		Flaws: Assisted -15, Weapon -5
	Cornfused: A simple blow, flat across the face with a shovel. But why is it called—
		Perks: Stunning +10
		Flaws: Weapon -5 
	Amber Waves of Pain: Wielding a terrible scythe, Hero cuts down his foes like so much grain.
		Perks: Area Effect +10
		Flaws: Weapon -5, Elaborate Gestures -5
	A Terrible Accident with a Combine Harvester: Who knows how he's maintained it, or how he carries it, but Hero pulls a massive combine harvester
			 from his pack and mows down his foes
		Perks: Area Effect +15, Effective +20, Accurate +10
		Flaws: Weapon -5, Open to Attack -20, Ammunition -15
	Tractor Pull: Hero uses his prodigious strength to bowl one enemy into another.
		Perks: Multiple Targets +10, Impairing +10
		Flaws: Open to Attack -20
Done!

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jan 3, 2015

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
24 hour notice before I go ahead and close apps up because there's a ton, then I'll sort through stuff. Get finished now if you're still interested and haven't already!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Winchell Lippman

Concept: Ace Reporter

"Hey! Moment of your time? What do you mean, no cutting in line? I'm not one of these kids here to sign up to be heroes, sorry, son. I'm with the Gazette. The Leá Monde Gazette. Yeah. Look. When you've got a situation like this? Shadowy conspiracies, civil unrest, reforming an old group to combat it? You need someone to get the word out. And that's what I'm here for. I'm the eyes and ears of the people. You're gonna to be at war with these Knights Clandestine, and speaking frankly, you need a war correspondent. I can get the word out about what's going on better than anyone, because I know everyone. I've covered every minor and major conflict on this continent since I was just a copyboy. So like I said, I know everything. And everyone. I'm the best guy for the job. "

"You look skeptical. Think I'm kidding? Let me tell you what I know about you."

"Yeah, that's what I thought. No worries. I can stow my bag somewhere, and I'll stay out of your way unless things get hairy enough that this oldtimer has to help out your crew of punks."

pre:
Working on a sheet, will try to get one out by tomorrow.

• Locked thread