Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

If you are in a country that uses bidets instead of toilet paper, please explain them to me.

Two weeks ago I traveled and used a bidet for the first time. All it does is spray water through your butte crack, so that it runs down your balls. Poop water all over your balls. It spreads the poop particles around the way a child might spread broccoli around his plate instead of eating it.

So my question is, in your culture, is it better to have mildly clean rear end/balls with poop water all over them, rather than fully cleaning your rear end with toilet paper? Is it the illusion of having a clean rear end that's so appealing, instead of actually cleaning it? Is there an ecological argument; i.e. it's faster or less wasteful?

Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Lol if you don't flush out your taint in public bathroom sinks.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
My wife wanted a bidet but I don't have that kind of money so I rigged up a DIY solution that's economical and practical.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I have never seen a bide IRL op

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
i assumed they used tp then a bidet but if its a just the water then thats disgusting

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
i think you use both things and it just makes you use less TP. I've used a bidet plenty of times but wouldn't dare use it solo because in order for it to actually get you totally clean you'd need a pretty intense stream

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

i think you use both things and it just makes you use less TP.

wouldn't you need to use the bidet first then? the toilet paper would get soggy and break apart on your wet crack

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

toilet technology could use more innovations. I'm not into bidets but will push for newer ways to clean my butt.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

jalopybrown posted:

wouldn't you need to use the bidet first then? the toilet paper would get soggy and break apart on your wet crack

I didn't really have that issue, although I preferred to just wipe pretty normally and then use the bidet after. It had a dryer and stuff which wasn't all that effective but it didn't need to be because really it doesn't get you as wet as you think it would.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

First you spray the chunky bits off then once it's mostly clean you use your hands like you would in the shower. Bidet with a soap dispenser makes you way more clean than just paper does after a big wet poo poo.

The ladyfolk like them a lot for when they have their period for obvious reasons.

Maybe I'll get one like we had in Italy once I buy a place to intimidate friends and relatives.

Hope this helps.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

youre supposed to first remove the big poo stains with TP

afterwards the final cleaning is then done with water so you get a better cleaning that the TP cannot do

you use less TP and at the end youre more squeaky clean because of water

toilet paper getting soggy and breaking apart will only happen if you wipe aggressively with some lovely flaky off-brand 1-ply garbage

I hope this has been enlightening for you Americans

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

I know this guy who is nuts about bidets, and we live in the US, where bidets aren't too common. He has one of those plastic bidets that you attach to your toilet seat. Also, if he hangs out with you frequently, he'll give you $100 bucks to subsidize you buying a bidet to put in your bathroom so that when he shits at your house he can squirt hit butthole clean.

When I asked him why he's such an insane person about this he said "If you got poo poo on you anywhere on your body aside from your butt, would you just wipe it off with paper and leave it at that?"

Which is a pretty good point but jesus christ man you're still out of your goddamn mind.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Happy Bear Suit posted:

afterwards the final cleaning is then done with water so you get a better cleaning that the TP cannot do

toilet paper getting soggy and breaking apart will only happen if you wipe aggressively with some lovely flaky off-brand 1-ply garbage

There is no paper at all in many places with bidets.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

NomChompsky posted:

When I asked him why he's such an insane person about this he said "If you got poo poo on you anywhere on your body aside from your butt, would you just wipe it off with paper and leave it at that?"

Did you tell him that poo poo comes from butts?

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Nuclearmonkee posted:

There is no paper at all in many places with bidets.
my bidet experience is limited only to asia and everywhere ive been to at least theres always TP with the bidet

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
to clean the poo poo from my oval office

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
today i said to my girlfriend "that was the weirdest urinal ever" and she said that was a bidet <:rolleyes:>

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Happy Bear Suit posted:

my bidet experience is limited only to asia and everywhere ive been to at least theres always TP with the bidet

Yeah there are usually both in places like Japan but if you go to places with horrible sewage systems that cant handle paper you'll probably encounter bidet with no TP.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
Do you get high pressure bidets, I like to aim the shower at my butthole and if I could be afforded the experience more frequently maybe I'd switch to the freaky continental rear end cleaning regime, no poop shelf's though.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Once I stayed in this swanky suite in Vegas that had a bidet but I was way to intimidated to use it cause it just looked like a toilet without a seat so wtf???

I ended up giving it a shot when I was drunk but it just sprayed a huge fountain of water everywhere and made a big mess so I stuck with using regular old toilet paper like God intended for man

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
it just seems really timely that today i peed in a bidet and now there's a gbs threae about biderts

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Both tp and bidets are for weak fools. I rub my butt the whole length of a conquered enemy, face first.

Just kidding, OSHA put a stop to that. loving interns.

Using both can be nice and in fact sometimes I'll go back to TP for those really messy spackle shits. If you are worried about getting poo poo on your balls then pull them out of the way.

i hope it can last
Dec 16, 2014

by XyloJW
if you drink a lot on your cuban vacation and your ex gf happens to say it is normal to not poop for many days on vacation and then one night she decides to go but instead of flushing twice she happens to leave spinach green floaters left behind on accident you thank god that the toilet was a bidet and that she rinsed that vileness off her pristine and perfect form as you view the disgustingness go down the drain and prepare to go to therapy for your unflushed properly toilet induced ptsd

this is a secret you take to your grave till you post it on a forum she also happens to read

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
You don't know how to use the three seashells? Loser.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

THE FUCKIN ROBOCOP posted:

Once I stayed in this swanky suite in Vegas that had a bidet but I was way to intimidated to use it cause it just looked like a toilet without a seat so wtf???

I ended up giving it a shot when I was drunk but it just sprayed a huge fountain of water everywhere and made a big mess so I stuck with using regular old toilet paper like God intended for man

you have to face the wall!!!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

i hope it can last posted:

if you drink a lot on your cuban vacation and your ex gf happens to say it is normal to not poop for many days on vacation and then one night she decides to go but instead of flushing twice she happens to leave spinach green floaters left behind on accident you thank god that the toilet was a bidet and that she rinsed that vileness off her pristine and perfect form as you view the disgustingness go down the drain and prepare to go to therapy for your unflushed properly toilet induced ptsd

this is a secret you take to your grave till you post it on a forum she also happens to read

:eyepop:

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Is it possible to clog a bidet? Because that sounds like something I would do.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Does a bidet shoot cold water or does it shoot hot water? This seems important to me right now.

joxxuh
May 20, 2011
the dude a bidet's

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.

Happy Bear Suit posted:

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
To clean your butthole and/or vagina if you have one.

They're pretty useful honestly in this regard. I'm sorry you had a negative experience using one.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Does a bidet shoot cold water or does it shoot hot water? This seems important to me right now.

You can adjust the temperature to your assholes liking.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

When I was in Africa for two years used a tea pot with water. Ni tp.

Cleanest my bunghole and crack have ever been

I think it comes down to turd consistency. Firm turds and water works great. Sloppy greasy turd that smears your butt cheeks and thighs and calves coming out. Tp is a wall of protection. Like haz mat suit for your hand

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Using a bidet seems like it would be gross, and I have no issues keeping my rear end clean with my current method...so...

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

Big Beef City posted:

Using a bidet seems like it would be gross, and I have no issues keeping my rear end clean with my current method...so...

what seems gross about it

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I want a tiny stargate in my rear end so I don't even have to deal with this toilet bullshit.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

if you got poop on your hand you wouldn't simply wipe it off with a paper towel and call it good, you would get water and thoroughly clean that poo poo off. why is your butt hole any different

RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice
This is why God invented baby wipes. Perfect for babies and adults and it keeps everything nice and clean.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Are bidets in public restrooms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

kazr posted:

if you got poop on your hand you wouldn't simply wipe it off with a paper towel and call it good, you would get water and thoroughly clean that poo poo off. why is your butt hole any different

Because I don't use my rear end in a top hat to pick up food??

• Locked thread