Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
I live about 3 hours away from where I grew up, and where my immediate family members still live. Christmas is always a loving nightmare to schedule times to get with family, especially when you don't really care to get with some of that family. We decided to drive down and stay at my mom and her new husbands house because my wife wants my kids to have a relationship with their grandma.

My kids are 6 and 10, girl and boy, and we made sure they had all day to play with their new toys and stuff so we left at 9pm. My wife drives half way then I drive the rest of the way, no problem so far.

I've been fighting this cold and cough garbage that's been going around for a few days now but yesterday it seemed to be better. I wasn't coughing hardly at all and I felt reasonably good.

We get into town and I'm turning onto the street that my mom lives on. Her house is 3 houses down on the right. As I begin making the turn I erupt into a coughing fit. It's one of those coughing fits where you struggle to get a breath in, and when you do, it just triggers more coughing. The hacking forces my eyes shut and with each violent cough a stabbing pain punches the front of my brain. God Am from Alice in Chains was streaming into my ears a moment ago but now nothing. Everything is black and I feel as if I'm under water.

Muffled, indiscernible sounds slowly become recognizable screams. I still only see darkness but feel as if in a dream. I'm hearing 'Stop! Stop!' like it was coming from someone 100 yards away.

Stop.

I vaguely remember that I'm in a vehicle. Am I driving? I must be driving. I should stop then. I press my foot down on a pedal.

"NO! STOP, STOP!!"

That's not the right pedal I guess. I'll try the other one. The screams are getting louder, I see light now. I press down hard on the other pedal, I understand that this is important, that I do it right away.

The abrupt stop turns everything back on and I'm in the middle of someone's lawn, angled toward their living room windows; a tree on the right of me and a red Dodge truck on the street to the left. The kids are screaming, my wife is screaming and I am confused.

I have no idea how I got here. I have no idea where I am in relation to my mom's house. It may be behind us, it may be another block over. My wife makes me get out so she can drive the final 140 feet to my mom's driveway. I'm trying to figure out what happened. I wasn't asleep I know that. We pull into my mom's drive and as we're calming the kids down my wife is trying make sure I'm ok. She says that I started coughing and before she knew it she was grabbing the wheel, trying not to wreck into things.

I started coughing. . .that's the last thing I remembered, and only when she mentioned it. Is it possible to pass out from loving coughing too much?

I should see a doctor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

this guy took WAY too big of a hit

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
drink more next time op

BASF
Jun 16, 2011

by Ralp
You have died and transcended into the next dimension. Welcome.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

BASF posted:

You have died and transcended into the next dimension. Welcome.

This is transcendence? THIS?!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
you died in that car accident, op.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

PureEvil6_13 posted:

This is transcendence? THIS?!

the salient portions are in the let's play forum

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Yeah it's easy to pass out from coughing.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

Concerned Citizen posted:

you died in that car accident, op.

ohshi

I am Patrick Swayze and Bruce Willis in this thread

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

see a doctor you dumb goon

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

PureEvil6_13 posted:

ohshi

I am Patrick Swayze and Bruce Willis in this thread

if it makes you feel any better, your wife and children survived. it's been two months. your wife is banging another guy. the kids think the new guy is cooler than you so they are really OK with the whole thing

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Ferroque posted:

Been there

Hungry Joe
Nov 27, 2006

DDFH
If you never break through walls, everyone is a stranger. Next time, don't be afraid to take an opportunity to make a new friend. gd bls OP

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

Concerned Citizen posted:

if it makes you feel any better, your wife and children survived. it's been two months. your wife is banging another guy. the kids think the new guy is cooler than you so they are really OK with the whole thing

Ok but at what point do I get to get to start haunting motherfuckers

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Op we will not be your alibi

No murder/suicides.

The f poo rums have been murder suicide free for maybe couple days now

Let's keep streak going

Gunky Junket
Oct 30, 2014

by Ralp
OP, your wife is now discovering she's got herself a fainter.. and she's none too impressed.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i practice autopostingotic asphyxiation my brain gets by just fine without oxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hungry Joe
Nov 27, 2006

DDFH

PureEvil6_13 posted:

Ok but at what point do I get to get to start haunting motherfuckers

You're doing it itt rn, stay safe fainting ghost

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

That's pretty scary, actually.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
haev you tried not being a bitch

Reset Button
Jan 25, 2011

argondamn posted:

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

argondamn posted:

This is bad advice. Do you know how many people die in hospitals every year ? OP you need to allow your body to recover and heal naturally. If you know of a remote place, go there for a week to get better without interference.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
congrats on almost murdering your entire family

see a doctor you dumb piece of poo poo

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
that happens to me sometimes mostly because i smoke weed dont smoke weed op

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

OP WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

http://6abc.com/news/truck-suspected-in-bristol-house-hit-and-run-located/451304/

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
Are you positive this isn't still part of a dream? You may be slumped over the wheel of that car right now, hurtling towards the living room of a nice suburban home, filled with families and children opening their presents.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Your wife is a depraved nasty fat whore OP

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Deep and visual.

Youre a f'ing mutant if you cough that hard. Mutant retard baby.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

Ferroque posted:

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

You sound like a bad driver.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

you'll find your courage next time op. just don't make them suspicious when you're loading up the car.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Try not coughing like a bitch trying to martyr yourself all the time. Nobody gives a single gently caress about your viral infection.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Doctors are worthless, wear a crystal around your neck. For coughing I recommend light purple, as close to lavender as you can find.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
been taking too much codeine?

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Who dis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007