Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

1. Allen Wren
  2. Amoeba102
  3. Asiina
  4. Chic Trombone
  5. Dr. Hurt
  6. Dugong
  7. Epsilon Plus
  8. Ernie.
  9. EXAKT Science/zzyzx
  10. fiery_valkyrie
  11. HiipFire
  12. KhyrosFinalCut
  13. Little Mac
  14. merk
  15. Murmur Twin/Byers2142
  16. Opopanax
  17. Pinterest Mom
  18. Quidnose
  19. Rarity
  20. Somberbrero
  21. Tremendous Taste, Kumbamontu
  22. uranus
  23. Winged Orpheus
  24. Your Personal Muse

LIST OF THE DEAD:
Opopanax, CS-Aligned Pubbie was lucksprayed to death d1!
Somberbrero, CS Aligned Pubbie, has been kicked from the server d1!
Quidnose, CS-Aligned Baiter, has died of a ragestroke from grenade spam on his person in a ceasefire period n1!
Epsilon Plus, CS-Aligned Pubbie, has been pwned n1!
Dr. Hurt, CS-Aligned Pubbie, has thrown his keyboard and mouse against the wall n1!
Byers2142, Self-aligned Diehard 1.6 Player, has been run train on and lost all will to keep playing video games n2!
Ernie., CS-Aligned Pubbie, has been followed everywhere he went and left out to dry at the first sign of conflict, leading to butt frustration of the first order n2!
Merk, n00b aligned Flashbang Spammer, has been ka-pwned d3!

zzyzx, CS-Aligned Tryhard, has been votekicked off the server d3!

fiery_valkyrie, CS-aligned Pubbie, has been shamed out of the server d4!
Allen Wren, CS-aligned Opinionated Noob, has been MODKILLED d5 for being a shitter!

You find yourself in an empty temple. Where there were once ornate sculptures of heroes and tales of valor etched into fine marble, now you find piles of rubble and a fine dust that finds its way into everything. Where you would once see the stars dance in beautiful rhythm as the sweet aromas of petunias and lilacs lifted you to a wondrous place you had never before known, now you find only clouds and compost. Where once streams of clear water meandered through a beautiful valley as if nature itself was urging the beauty of your soul to sing with it, now you find only cracked dirt lightly salted by tears.

*snap*

This is the state of competitive FPS games today. An entertainment sector devoid of creativity and looking to find ways that make the game easier while maintaining the illusion of difficulty. A community unwilling to try with a low interest in outperforming their peers. A medium that has remained stagnant since the early 2000s. A society obsessed with instant gratification that a game that requires learning and effort simply cannot meet. Mini-transactions that look to gentrify the last frontier of competition.

Against all of this, there stands but one force.

You.

You are the final bearer of the torch, the last bastion of the dream of actual competition on the amazing thing we call “the internet”. Even now, there are subversive elements looking to snuff you out, to drive out players and bleed you dry. You must not let them. You must keep the game you love alive. This...

This is your story

*loud clang that startles you and then cuts itself off midway through to symbolize an unfinished story*

Welcome to Counterstrike: Global Offensive Mafia, a game for 23 players!

Standard rules apply but I’ll list some anyway.
DONT:
Post after Hammers
Post your role PMs
Use Truth or Dare or Encryption or any bullshit like that
Communicate with anyone, alive or dead, OOT unless I say you can
Edit your posts
Talk about Anime. Illegal. I’ll ban you. I count as Anime too so don’t talk about me. I’ll ban you. I’ll ban you!!
DO:
PM me night actions as quickly as you risk doing nothing if you neglect pming me for 24 hours.
Have Fun

I'm going to gently caress up lurkers. Although I'm sure one or more of you may test me on that front, know that I am a man without mercy. By lurking, you will almost certainly be hurting your team and the game at large, and that is going to Make Me Mad. Ask for a replacement if something comes up as soon as you can.

:siren: This game will not be using a buy menu. I have another CS setup that requires too much drat effort right now that will involve that in the future. :siren:

Replacements(?):
1.) Windshipper (1/10/15 or later)

I'll leave the signups open until we're a little bit overfull. I'll take replacement signups as well and if you sign up for that, feel free to specify when you'd be ready by (day 2, 3, etc).

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm dtp, but I'm out of town the 30th through the 3rd.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Important: I will probably wait until a bit after New Years Day to launch this game. Until then, signups are wide open.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

hi diqnol!! i will play in your game

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yo

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm too cool for murder simulators

[this is a signup]

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
(We should probably discuss now whether or not we're going to be a RP only server. You can guess which way I'm voting, gentlegoons.) <-- ooc

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Chic Trombone posted:

hi diqnol!! i will play in your game

:wave:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

(We should probably discuss now whether or not we're going to be a RP only server. You can guess which way I'm voting, gentlegoons.) <-- ooc

*peers over precision goggles* Only a filthy casual would buy an AUG. Go back to Call of Doody, clown.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Signing up because I want to support big games (even though I put my own on hold because I am assuming there's not enough people around to play big games).

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Apologies if I stepped ahead of you in line. If only...if only there was a queue for this...a big game queue...?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

is this game delaying The League 2 :wth:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It appears LM wanted to run his game a couple of weeks ago but was scared off by Ecco. Ecco is a grinch, Little Mac.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
hey im down to play

csgo is poo poo tho lmfao

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

is this game delaying The League 2 :wth:

This is very important to know.

Also I will play if we don't start until after new years. I want to be a pyro.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
I will play if only we don't start until January 10th or later. :buddy:

(not really a sign up, but a maybe, possibly, could be replacement post)

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
lo3

gl hf es

(this is a signup)

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I am incapable of playing fps's. I can't run with keys and look with the mouse at the same time. I always end up staring at the ceiling. I guess what I'm trying to say is....make me serial killer thx.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

In!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
in

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will play.

I clicked that link thinking you really setup a private server. :(

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

I will play.

I clicked that link thinking you really setup a private server. :(

PM me if you want to be an admin and we will discuss associated fees.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I also really hoped Diq had setup a private server. I'd probably pitch in a monthly amount for a real private server.

ON an unrelated note, make me the Boom AWP

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am getting a lot better on CS: GO thanks to Diqnol's tips from the Discussion Thread. I now try to pay attention at all times where I have my crosshair and setup camp spots where I wait for enemies to move through. I haven't gotten perfect at the 'this is where you put the crosshair to get a headshot' stuff yet, but I'm working on it.

I also am getting better at using grenades!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Grenades are also very important but they aren't something to honestly focus on while you're learning. They can very easily get you killed or cause you to waste money so my advice is to only buy smokes for now and put them in places where enemies have to run through. If they have to run through smoke at, say, long A on dust2 and you're watching it, you have a huge advantage.

Never push through smoke unless you're flashing the poo poo out of it with a full team.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
How do you dethrone an AWP guy without flashes/HEs? Like on dust2, how do you take long A if they have an AWP and you don't unless you can get a flash in?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

How do you dethrone an AWP guy without flashes/HEs? Like on dust2, how do you take long A if they have an AWP and you don't unless you can get a flash in?

Frankly, you don't, but it depends what you mean. AWP guy watching doors at long can be beaten by a good T spawn location; you get there first and thus have the advantage. You can also quick peek him to bait his shot and then push while his gun resets immediately after. If you mean an awp on A site, you have to outshoot him regardless. Always smoke the crossing between long A and A site if you're pushing that way, btw.

Flashing "right" to beat that awper involves you running out as a teammate throws the flash; that is to say, before the flash detonates. You also have to run out backwards. From there you abuse your mobility advantage and pray he misses or you hit.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Interesting. I didn't realize that T strats might be kind of dependent on spawn location.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Well, that's kind of advanced because you have a single shot to beat him with. Ymmv

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I played UT back then. I dunno what the gently caress you're talking about.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

UT, Quake, and Tribes are all dead now, you blind fool!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

That's why I play shootcop now, duh

(also that was meant to be a signup)

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Source supremacy crew checking in

(I would like to play in this game)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Planting.

(I'm in.)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
It's a shooting game right? Like this game?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The best compliment you can receive in life is to be called a hacker in CS: GO.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I've been called a hacker while playing SC2, which is impressive because I'm god awful at StarCraft.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

merk is playing csgo and i feel like playing csgo

anyone want to mafia match-make?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't even have cs:go

• Locked thread