Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Planting.

(I'm in.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

##bet CT all merk is so smart

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Chic Trombone posted:

seriously tho what did we bet on this game of chess

We bet all, duh

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Chic Trombone posted:

Seriously don't confirm someone as town just because they are good at chess

Can we confirm someone town for being bad at chess? Can we confirm someone as scum for being bad at chess? What can we learn from this game?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

this is a fantastically bad vote

nice of Pinterest Mom, Mafia Expert to chime in and shine some light on us lowly plebs

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

There have been a couple light/no-reasoning condemnations of peoples' votes. Why is this one sticking out to you?

It was the snarkiest and least useful IMO

merk posted:

Start playing blitz games online at like FICS. When you start to get tired of losing because you don't know any openings, pick one white opening to start learning. Just google its name, like the King's Indian.

After that, pick one black opening to kind of learn in response to e4 (the most common opening). I really like the French defense for beginners because it kind of forces white to play into your game rather than you responding to white's game.

I knew betting on you was a good idea. Buy yourself a deagle, champ *peels bills from wad*

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

You would look less scummy if you stopped freaking out and actually read the last couple pages.

Look at Stretch Armstrong here. Stretching.

(about him freaking out, not about the other stuff, you're good there)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

so I've worked 48 hours the past four days, time to flex my mafia muscles

and probably do nothing to be honest but hey! flexxx

Ernie's mafia-related posts have been pretty poo poo but so have mine so, that's a thing. He makes a good point with regards to exaggeration but I never feel like my posts are "exaggerating" so much as my Posting Style. Somber's posting feels a bit ... I dunno, off? Based on my previous experiences. I'd buy Somber maybe a 3P over anything else but I don't have a good feel as for town/scum for him. He's not being as aggressive as he normally is IMO. More as I digest?

(if you guys wanted to Arms Race or Demolition you can find me on Steam as Epsilon Plus but Competitive does my nerves up wretched)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Quidnose posted:

Your interactions look fake. Your responses to my pointing this out feel forced and desperate.

This gets a big old :rolleyes: from me though fyi

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

"valery" is a really stupid nic- oh you already murdered someone.

in cold blood.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Was his chess play that bad?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

This flavor game is too strong, I would not 1v1 this flavor, flavor has long A locked down no problem, flavor clutch

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Rarity posted:

Well this is scummy as gently caress.

:rolleyes:

Rarity posted:

On the one hand, Epsilon's posts are terrible but on the other, I've never played with him before so maybe that's just how he do whereas I know Somber so I feel more confident in my read there.

We've technically played before but I doubt you could gleam much of my style from Mexican Standoff Mafia.

I'm not sure how I feel about f_v. Nothing particularly stands out to me. I think Quidnose was really pushing f_v/somber being a scum team together for a while and it looks like when that didn't get takers he's devolved into low-content posting. I think if he(?) was really convinced he would continue looking into it, this post stands out here:

Quidnose posted:

FV is my next vote.

I'll stop quoting their back and forth because you get the point but please tell me I am not the only one seeing how forced all of this is. Ridiculous.

You need to post on a topic to make people get traction on it, "this is so obvious I will not even post about it" is kinda bleh. Quidnose stands out the most to me currently. ##vote Quidnose

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

I have a good gut read and I'm never wrong about Epsilon+, just ask him.

Oh my God if you weren't such a swell dude I would loathe you so much

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Can you explain this further? It reads to me that you think Quid is scum for not pushing his scum team thoughts further.

I think Quid is scum because he made kind of a lovely case on two people and then dissolved into nothingness. If he really believed (because he was town) he'd be pushing it more. As it stands now it looks like he's dropping it to avoid backlash later.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Asiina posted:

This is absolutely not Somber's town game.

##vote Somber

I dunno. I've never really seen Somb make a post like that, true. But... I don't think it's enough to justify it.

On the other hand, Ernie makes some really good points about merk's actions and merk's vig/reasoning for vig is pretty lovely. I think merk is likely telling the truth about needing to use it today, but murdering Op was a lovely play in addition to being kind of mean-spirited.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

That's a lot of words for "There's a bunch of things that someone could call scummy going around but I'm not going to say any of them are."

##vote epsilon plus

What's it like playing mafia but being unable to read? I think that I pretty clearly stated that merk's play was bad (which I thought was an indicator of scumminess? I guess not?).

Also look at that tremendous, instantaneous flipflop wowzers

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

merk telling the truth about his game-winner boon doesn't rule out merk being scum. Is this actually something I need to elaborate for you? My God.

(Also I don't think somber is scummy, just shady, hth)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Ernie. posted:

i didn't say that whether or not merk lied about the mechanics makes him scum/town. i said that his inefficient use is still scummy. what i meant is that his response to the suspicion i.e. dealing in factual statements as opposed to doubling down on his decision or admitting he made a mistake gives me pause.

Sorry, I was replying to KFC. I totally understand you.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Also ##vote merk for now, I may be absent closer to deadline

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

merk posted:

Yeah, I'm voting Chic until she's removed from the game. You may as well get it over with today and choose me or her.

merk posted:

I would like to invoke veteran's privilege here and demand that we lynch Chic. She is definitely scum.

You are ridiculous.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

uranus posted:

kill the bad guy, kill the bad guy, kill the bad guy

i am saying that to the tune of ride of the valkaries.

meaning that valary is the bad guy

kill her

I am swayed by your stirring rhetoric

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I am discussing and thinking through things, I dunno how you can say "unengaged" when other people get to go with things like:

uranus posted:

hey, the serious hat is right, im a good guy with good posts and im finding the bad guys

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Quidnose posted:

EP, you have 22 total posts.

Of those:
-1 is joining the game.
-1 is betting on the chess match.
-9 are throwaway jokes / commenting on people without opinion

Of the rest, several are questionable as to whether or not they are actually contributing anything, and you have offered opinions on:

-me (he's scum!)
-merk (he's scum!)
-ernie (except not, you just say he's reading you wrong, or not, you are kinda commenting on yourself but i don't understand why you made this post?)
-somber (he's 3p! i would hate him if he wasn't awesome! actually i don't know!)
-f_v (not feeling her as scum, but not mention of her alignment, just that i'm wrong)
-KFC (what a flip flopper!)

And that's it. Most of those reads are non-reads, and you've posted hardly at all.

So where am I missing your engagement?

Should I get out my big rubber stamps that say SCUM and TOWN on them and print a dossier for each player and then stamp each one and fax them to you? I dunno why it's not acceptable to plot people on a continuum instead of some stupid scum/town binary when it's only day 1 in a large game. There are a fistful of people who have "engaged" much less than I have but you don't seem to be interested in them.

I mean, you can call me a bad player, but saying I'm unengaged when derp/uranus, Dr. Hurt, etc. is here is kinda weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

##vote Somberbrero

Sorry buddy but it's better than a no-lynch.

• Locked thread