Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I played UT back then. I dunno what the gently caress you're talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

That's why I play shootcop now, duh

(also that was meant to be a signup)

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

nor I

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I don't even understand how the cheats work in these sorts of games, because I've never done it. It just seems like magic.

Whoops, shot in the head. Respawn.

Whoops, shot in the head. Respawn.

Basically, it's exactly what happens to me in TF2, only possibly more frustrating since people are way bigger assholes in more "serious" games.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

the gun you take to shoot yourself if you play counterstrike

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

##bet ct all

I don't actually own CSGO. Is that legit going to be a problem?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Dr. Hurt posted:

the most dangerous game

...candyland?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

go and chess make my brain hurt

partly from the game

partly from the insufferable smugness of those who play and look down upon people who don't

If we can't blast the stereo while we play and I can't shittalk my opponents, it's not worth playing.

same goes for golf and tennis

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

oh god

I figured it out

CS:GO

this isn't counterstrike mafia

it's chess:go mafia

gently caress

this is gonna suck

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

uranus posted:

oh, are we playing mafia now?

i think allen wren is scum for his driveby bashing of people who like chess/go

tbf, my bashing was not driveby if you had seen the poo poo I was saying in mafia skype chat

my bashing is continual

because chess and go are games where I am a loving bad

and people who are not bads inevitably end up giving me poo poo about it

(in before "allen wren cares too much about what his posts look like which is so scummy" AGAIN for like the fourth game in a row)

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

The main vote leaders have been Winged Orpheus and Chic Trombone. You should read them if nothing else. I'm suspicious of FV and to a lesser extent KFC for reasons outlined above and I'd suggest reading them.

I'm not seeing either the WO or CT argument.

Which means if there's anyone I need to read, it's this guy

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

and somber pushes fv after fv criticises the ct push

curiouser

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

yeah I read fv's post. I don't think it's as big a deal as you're making it out to be

rarity's case seems solid though

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

as solid as anything can be while we're playing chess.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

jesus christ stop crawling up my rear end

chill

also i'm typing with a wrist brace on so gimme a goddman minute

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

This is not at all rhetorical, can you explain the following for me?

what the gently caress does 'this is not at all rhetorical' mean speak english

If you agree that the points against KFC are good, what do you think of FV saying that Rarity's case on him is 'lazy' and too 'by the book'?

wait i thought fv was talking about the ct case fml

Why is voting someone based on a 'by the book' case a bad idea?

because shut up

no seriously it's because there is gently caress all for content and basically we're still at the point where people are throwing poo poo at the wall and overreacting to it so there is no such thing as a by the book case at this point and so acting like there is one is scummy

Is the case on Chic Trombone bad as in wrong, or bad as in scummy? Can you explain the thought behind your answer? FV seems to think it is both and hasn't explained why.

what's the difference

what you want me to read fv's mind? gently caress if I know

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

uranus posted:

allen are you mad

Allen Wren posted:

I continue to be amazed at how people read what I post as being mad or having flipped out.

:allears:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

uranus posted:

if you want to not sound mad, i suggest not using mad sounding words like 'gently caress' and italics make you look like youre yelling, not whispering

I'm not yelling, I'm just making sure you can hear me

this is how I always sound
though to be fair, I don't think you've ever seen me play before?

also the painkillers kicked in, so the brace is off and I can use my shift key if I feel like it

so I'll have something like actual analysis never after lunch

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

basically I don't feel the onus is on me to not say gently caress so that I look more town or less mad or whatever I mean what kind of fuckin' bullshit is that

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

You would look less scummy if you stopped freaking out and actually read the last couple pages.

man have you ever seen freaking out

this is not it

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

also I said after lunch

my eggs are almost done boiling

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Yeah, I'm rereading. I had a really good "Somber, you're being a shitler" post drafted up, but I'm coming around on it.

So this is like four or five levels of arguing

WO looks pretty bad. So Ernie and Kumba give it a go. I'm not sure whether I can call Ernie or Kumba's moves bad or not. They're just "wow, that's a lovely play, have a vote" things.

But when you comment on a comment, that's analysis.

KFC looks real bad in this series of posts, yeah. He jumps on the E/K voting bloc, but here's what I'm seeing that I wasn't previously: I'm not sure if KFC is taking the path of least resistance, like, "hey, that looks like a reasonable move day one, those seem like pretty good moves to keep town alive" or if he's going "hey there's a townie, maybe we can start running a lynch." I'm actually inclined to think it's the former, contrary to the third-vote-is-always-scum theory.

CT posts as well in what's being called the coaching post. I don't see how it's a scum maneuver. Literally don't. I guess you could say that calling out a scumbuddy's bad post is a way to achieve separation, but if anything it immediately makes other players consider the relationship between the coach and the coached. Especially this early on, I'd imagine the proper scum move would just to act like that post never happened.

So Rarity calls the KFC post bad analysis, which is true and votes KFC. I'm okay with this. I dunno if I'd make that move, but I don't instantly think Rarity's move is scummy. That's the thing---just because you're not sure of a move doesn't mean

then we also have somber's look at CT but after hashing it out somber kinda pulls off of it. okay. nothing going on there.

so the crux of the thing here is the fv argument

and fv's main thrust is that rarity's look at kfc is bad play

I can see that. there are definitely enough players (especially this early) who are doing what'd be considered "bad play" that making a call on them is, in and of itself, bad play.

but I guess that's just day one for you?

However

Somberbrero posted:

You would look less scummy if you stopped freaking out and actually read the last couple pages.

Don't make this about me like you haven't seen me in other games and want to make me look like this isn't my standard poo poo in front of a bunch of people who've never got the patented wren-talking-poo poo method before.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Allen Wren posted:

So Rarity calls the KFC post bad analysis, which is true and votes KFC. I'm okay with this. I dunno if I'd make that move, but I don't instantly think Rarity's move is scummy. That's the thing---just because you're not sure of a move doesn't mean

So I forgot to finish my thought

So Rarity calls the KFC post bad analysis, which is true and votes KFC. I'm okay with this. I dunno if I'd make that move, but I don't instantly think Rarity's move is scummy. That's the thing---just because you're not sure of a move doesn't mean it's automatically a scummy move

that's what I'm saying

like person A can think person D is scum and person B can think person C is scum and they can both be right, both be wrong, etc. It's just not instantly a one or the other proposition

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

gently caress that was way too much effort and reading

back to shitposting

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Jeez, nine or ten short?

Large games are a goddamn mess

also hello thread

I slept poorly

what else is new

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'm still not sold on the fv case myself. I know that'll look bad if it's a scum flip, but I just can't get on it----though the assertion that the vig was obtained via winning the chess game, ehhhhhhn

I do have to reread quid

that is a lot of words

Dugong posted:

what are you doing? are you a bomb? are you a fool?

the latter

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

I feel like you're taking really innocuous posts from me (and YPM to some extent) and twisting them and rationalising reading them in the worst possible light to make them look scummy.

That post is just a big wet fart
"I don't like the case on FV"
"but I know this post will look bad if she flips scums"
"oh and by the way here's a reason I'm feeling sketchy about her despite my saying like eight words ago that I don't think she's bad guy"

it's about two notches too defensive and self-conscious

see what you didn't wait for is after lunch

I always talk poo poo before lunch and then actually read poo poo after lunch

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

didn't make lunch yet

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

poo poo I thought I was a bad player

this is incredible

still waiting on lunch

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

##vote uranus

jesus loving christ, uranus is trying even less than I am.

Literally the only thing the dude did is accuse quid of careposting

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

and piggyback on the fv discussion

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Rarity posted:

derp always does this, it's always really loving annoying

Hm. noted.

and, balls, we're really in a pickle if we're going to lynch anybody.

okay, so our top votegetters right now are merk, somber and fv.

Merk, I dunno. I've never played against the guy, and it feels like a lot of the arguments about him are meta-based. I'm willing to buy the argument that he just waxed opop to end the chess game. I am the worst chess player I've ever met and even I could see how done that poo poo was. Don't scum dayvigs usually flip immediately, though? That's what I want to know. Maybe when the loved condition was announced, that's when merk got the one-shot, if it was gotten from that win. I don't have enough to grip on there.

I can't say somber's play doesn't feel like him, to me it looks exactly the same as previous. But him somehow forgetting how explosively bad of a player I am after seeing me in like two or three games last month and calling out my bog-standard lovely play as freaking out is hinky as gently caress.

I keep going back and forth on fv. I need to give her a real reread, but, like, when you look at the last time I posted seriously, we're stuck arguing about the analysis of analysis of analysis of garbage posts, so it's difficult. At least with the somber thing I just mentioned it's straight up disingenuous analysis of a bad post.

gimme a minute or twenty to reread fv but for now I'm pretty confident about changing over to

##vote Somberbrero

in the meantime.

also this map sucks can we get a vote going to change it?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Ernie. posted:

##vote merk

I don't like the somber option at all. He's already claimed VT.

serious question - how does claiming vt make one not scummy? that's like not even claiming.

(Feel free to totally John Madden it and talk about how good mafia is about finding the scums and defending the towns and that's what good football is if you like. bonus points for yellow telestrator arrows and circles)

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

...dr. hurt is here?

could have fooled me

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Your Personal Muse posted:

My streak of not getting killed n1 continues, I deserve a trophy

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Chic Trombone posted:

Also, I modded that game. Kind of hard for me not to have read a game when I modded it

Holy poo poo wow.

##vote merk

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I know that's a no-effort vote but basically I can't figure out what the gently caress merk is actually trying to achieve other than trying to go "stop talking about me!"

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I dunno.

I pulled the "go ahead vote me I'm VT VOTE ME" in my very first game out of annoyance and having had a bad week, it looks really lovely coming from someone who's supposedly king poo poo. I still don't see merk as town at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Ugh. I'm starting to wonder if the scum are just letting us all hang each other, and they don't even have to post to let us do it. I'm not innocent of it, but there are so many people not saying anything at all. I'm not saying much of anything because I've got basically nothing to go on, and posting when you've got nothing to go on is basically just as bad as not posting when you've got nothing to go on.

And of course this post will get read as both "wow, lots of words to say nothing" and "caring too much", while I could just not post and get read as "wow, so active day one but hiding now" and "completely doesn't care about following up their cases"

This loving game.

• Locked thread