Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

Byers2142 posted:

That makes more sense. Now, why is it a scum tell to want to know the effect? That's the part I'm not getting; someone trying to learn what was affected by a day action is a null tell. At best, you could make the argument that all it tells us is that Amoeba and f_v can't be scumbros, or else why ask in the thread, but even that's a weak argument to make with other supporting evidence to shore it up.

My original thoughts were that since it was scum wouldn't know what the effects were, they would want to know more than town would and people asking would be more likely to be scum. Looking back, it doesn't really hold up under more thoughtful scrutiny. I mostly got excited about thinking I caught a tell and wanted to see what other people thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
I was voting merk yesterday and I'm more than willing to vote him again today.

##vote merk

I still don't like f_v but not as much as I don't like merk's play.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
For a dude who's currently at 7/11 votes to lynch (after voting yourself), you're being pretty loving melodramatic.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
I'm still very solidly in the merk is scum camp. From the lovely wasted vig to the "too cool to pay attention" poo poo all the way up to "guys I'm so town I'll vote myself (to 7/11)" It just feels very forced and scummy to me.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Oh look at that, merk was loving scum.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
In other news the sun came up this morning, also water is wet and fire is hot.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Speaking of that being over, let's not forget that both Dugong AND Little Mac showed up right after deadline going "Oops i missed it".

I also want to call out Uranus for that but honestly Uranus' whole schtick is that he's a useless piece of poo poo who could be replaced with a markov generator without anybody noticing.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
You're right, totally forgot about that.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

Pinterest Mom posted:

Ernie was down to kill merk day 1

then began d2 with this post

and disappeared

that looked like a softclaim of cop to me, but merk didn't flip godfather

Ernie is also dead, and did not flip cop. Have you considered reading the thread?

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
I really don't think merk was trying to megabus Chic, unless he decided to start doing it before anyone even really started pressuring him. They started having their slapfight in the middle of day 1 before any real votes landed on merk, iirc.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
He's posted very little, and also was totally here "before" deadline and look how willing he was to hammer merk.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
##vote little Mac

You've done literally nothing this game (except totally hammer merk, for reals guys he did). You have less posts than the loving mod. Today is the first time you've actually sort of taken a stance on anyone. What posts you do have are dithering and deflecting (except for totally hammering merk)

Get lynched.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Seriously your post deadline vote on merk is literally your only vote this entire loving game.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

Juanito posted:

I agree with you about Little Mac, but I actually think zzyzx looks worse, especially with the posts that Asiina and Rarity just pointed out.

##vote zzyzx

I'm not sure I believe zzyzx is worse, but he's definitely on the "scummy" list and we're drat close to deadline.

##vote zzyzx

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
##vote little mac

Another day, another chance to lynch the guy who has gone out of his way to avoid contributing to town.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
He's literally "oops I accidentally the deadline" twice in three days.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
It's not just that he didn't vote merk. Read his post history. The closest he's come to actually having an opinion on someone besides "x probably isn't scum" is calling TT slightly scummy at one point, then never following up on it. He's put a lot of effort into never having an opinion he'll get called out for. He's trying very hard to stay under everyone's radar, and it's scummy as gently caress

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
gently caress it, it's pretty obvious that several people won't even consider other lynch candidates until fv is dead, and I'm on the fence about her anyway

##vote fv

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
##vote little mac

Also do not like dugong's claim there.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Also this is completely a :siren::siren:FLAVOR ARGUMENT:siren::siren: but Dugong claimed his role is a "beginner" and we know from merk's flip that the scum team is n00b-aligned.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
I had missed that, thank you for pointing it out. Flavour arguments are generally circumstantial at best. Hopefully it will become clear as we lynch more scum.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't see the case on Little Mac?

The case is that he's gone incredibly far out of his way to avoid having opinions this game. The following is the only post he's made in THE ENTIRE GAME where he says someone might be scummy.

Little Mac posted:

I'm trying harder to care now that the game's a bit smaller. TT's entire posting rings scummy to me. He's trying to push something and no one's buying but he won't give up. it's very scum TT. I think Merk was being supersilly near his demise and saying dumb things on purpose. (like not knowing who uranus is). I think him not accepting the FV case and trying to shoo it away by sheer virtue of his mafia status or whatever (this case sucks but my case on Chic is better because I am Merk) does not look good for FV, nor does Uranus' ability. Would vote FV.

Also I was around to lynch Merk. I just forgot about the game and watched ADGQ instead. Sorry. I tried though!

That's literally it. His vote on f_v is the only vote he's cast this entire game. It's now day 5. This and saying he doesn't think a couple people are scum is his entire list of contributions to this game.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

Little Mac posted:

I can claim if you'd like.

What I'd like is to hear some opinions from you. Do you think still TT is scummy? Who else do you have scum reads on?

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Laying it out on the table that I'm going to be pretty busy most of the rest of the day and likely won't be around for deadline. I'll check my phone if i can, but no promises. I'm very comfortable with where my vote is, and would also vote dugong if that starts to gain a majority.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
I'm hungover as gently caress right now so let me know if anything I say doesn't make sense.

I didn't receive any flavor for anything night 4.

I believe asiina about the hides.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Can someone summarize what doesn't add up for me? I'm missing something and am confused

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
I stated earlier that I didn't receive any flavor/notifications that anything happened to me night 4

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
I attempted to use an action on asiina night 4 and got a failure result

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
I'll be honest, I don't have much of an opinion on tt. I'll re-read in the morning

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

Dugong posted:

Amoba: town. The post on page 43 where they got KFC to give all of his results by simply rephrasing the question.

YPM: either we are both two rubbish town players going at each other for no reason or he is scum but now I think he is disheartened for screwing up the fv lunch

KFC: he went for fv early on as well. He used derp and YPM's insistance to lynch her to push. I've been pushed around this game and probably all previous games I've played.

Chic: hasn't really produced any content of recently but I'm guilty of the same thing. Im reading them as VT due to just following the crowd on lynches. "oh yeah we should have lynched fv yesterday", "oh yeah I can see the Dugong case but I can also see the LM case now that you mention it"

Rarity: tries to push asiina and then claims its down to tiredness. It's just such an odd angle. Asiina shot merk and has been playing towny around then this?

I need to get ready for a train but I hope this is enough to stop me from getting lynched...

I bolded the two statements that stuck out the most to me from dugong's reads. My guess would be that at least one of YPM or Chic is scum, based on how he kind of tries to downplay them.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
##vote Tremendous Taste

Extremely little in the way of contributions, especially recently. Would also be willing to vote YPM or PMom, but I feel stronger about TT. Gonna be keeping an eye on my phone, will do my best to switch to Pmom if it looks like a no-lynch.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
actually fuckit ##vote Pmom.

I'd rather know we didnt no lynch and get to enjoy the concert tonight.

:redhammer:

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
I'm shaky and weird because I'm not good at this game. I was hesitant on you, but realized that putting a vote on you when pmom was -1 was pointless with deadline coming up. I feel better about you now that we know pmom flipped scum because she was pushing you so hard.

If rarity was town, the two remaining scum would have turbohammered and won imo

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
I don't think it fully clears tt but it does make me lean more town on him

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Well, if I'm reading this correctly then one of asiina or rarity has to be scum

They both have their vote on each other, and everyone had checked in after rarity voted but before asiina voted.

If both are town, then tt and chic turbo one of them and win at any point. This hasn't happened

I'm more inclined to believe asiina is town. Even if we ignore the vig of merk, I find it hard to believe a scum role had two vigs.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
This is getting loving dumb. I believe Asiina over Rarity. We know one of the two is definitely scum. I'm also not excluding the possiblity that they might BOTH be scum, but that seems less likely. Introducing Chic now just muddles the waters, which is what scum want.

I belive Asiina because i dont think a scum would have 2 vigs. Rarity has talked about the wealth of protective roles town has, but I don't buy it. Town had a watcherdoctor, a masonjailer, and a dude that gave some hides away instead of hiding himself. That's it. In a 24 person game, that doesn't really seem like a lot to me. I think we got lucky in that they hit twice, and it feels like there are a lot. So you, I'd lynch Rarity over Asiina.

I don't see the point in waiting for Rarity's case against Chic. If Rarity is scum, its just a bunch of words we ignore. If she's somehow town, then we lose. Muddying the picture just causes confusion, and god knows we dont need that right now.

JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL

##vote rarity

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
loving Hell that's a lot of words I can't read right this second ## unvote

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Chic was definitely around and posting after I put the second vote on Rarity. If Rarity was town and Chic was scum, there was a good hour to hammer and win the game outright there.

I'm back to really thinking its Rarity for scum.

##vote Rarity

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Really, a lot of the aspersion on Asiina is based on the possibility of lying about the nightvig on N1 and KFC's results weirdness.

We have nothing to contradict her story about the nightvig.

KFC's results were weird, but the conflicting information comes from two town sources with no reason to lie. LM said he visited her, KFC says he didnt see it. They're both dead and confirmed town. I really dont see how Asiina would know what happened there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

Tremendous Taste posted:

Huh, I thought you were -1 at one point.

No, your vote on her put her at -1

• Locked thread