Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

is this game delaying The League 2 :wth:

This is very important to know.

Also I will play if we don't start until after new years. I want to be a pyro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I've been called a hacker while playing SC2, which is impressive because I'm god awful at StarCraft.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't even have cs:go

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Man, $8.50. Why can't we play tuftoo instead.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I also broke my winter sale budget by buying telltale games.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I use whichever control scheme works best for that particular game. Anything with a shooting machanic will inevitably be worse with a controller than a mouse. Some games also have complicated schemes best fit for controllers though like Brothers or the AssCreed games.

The worst is GTA which on foot is better with a keyboard and mouse, but in a car better with a controller.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

True and Real posted:

I, uh, torrent those . . .

You are a monster.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

Asiina and Chic, I grabbed your copies but my inventory page is wonky and won't let me access it right now. When it stops being temperamental I'll forward them.

Thanks a lot. I am still away for another day, but I'll install when I get home.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Hurt posted:

The Diq asked me to play. Does this team need another Spy?

Hurt let's be in thread mason buddies.

We can talk in spoilers nobody else is allowed to read.

I hear Diqnol smells like poop.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I would do it anyway, but an excuse of avenging couldn't hurt.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am home and installing the striking counters now.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hello confirmed.

This game is almost done downloading who would like to play it?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##Bet T all

:canada::hf::canada:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
For reals though let's play I don't know what I'm doing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

Correct logic, bad result.

Opop will throw because he's a Canadian pacifist.

##bet ct all

I have an itch to play csgo, anyone else in?

yes me

I don't know what I'm doing.

Also I will have to install direct x because lol steam.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have discovered I am supremely bad at counter strike.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kumbamontu posted:

##bet ct all

i am playing some arms race right now if anyone wants to play

I don't know what that is. Is that more of this bad game?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

True and Real posted:

I bet you play GunZ

GunZ was hilarious and awesome, but ironically only for the melee only maps.

The guns themselves were terrible.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Opop, you have disgraced us.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Wait, there's a mafia game going on?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also I will play more CS:GO if we don't play ranked anymore because I'm tired of getting rolled for 15 rounds straight.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't mind random assholes if I'm not tied to them, but I have no interest in being forced into getting completely stomped over and over again by assholes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kumbamontu posted:

i'm telling you let's play arms race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fine, let's play right now.

But if this ends badly I'm vigging you.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Fine, let's play right now.

But if this ends badly I'm vigging you.

Arms race was a lot of fun, you get to live Kumba.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have yet to win a CS:GO game, but came pretty close solo queuing. It went 16-12 and was dead even until about 20 rounds in. I was still the worst on my team, but by a small margin. I also managed to kill 3 people to win a round being the only person left. I'm proud of that one.

Then I played some arms race and was only 4 weapons off from the knife by the end. First time I got to pistols.

All in all, getting better.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
hello uranus how are you?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I'm trying to approach the game differently, more like MMM did in Mean Girls (which I think Rarity and Asiina will understand). Less reliance on what the community have decided are the basic scum "tells" and more on thinking about what and why people are posting.

Not saying I'm doing a great job of it, but I want to break out of (what I see as) the rut of rote case making.

I do understand, and I have a good feeling about you for this style of posting, it feels genuine.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

I think you mean... gently caress, which one was it? Mean Girls is the one I modded and MMM wasn't in that one

She means Twin Peaks.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't like any of the game related posts Epsilon has made.

Epsilon Plus posted:

nice of Pinterest Mom, Mafia Expert to chime in and shine some light on us lowly plebs

Epsilon Plus posted:

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

There have been a couple light/no-reasoning condemnations of peoples' votes. Why is this one sticking out to you?
It was the snarkiest and least useful IMO

Epsilon Plus posted:

Look at Stretch Armstrong here. Stretching.

(about him freaking out, not about the other stuff, you're good there)

These kinda one-off comments ping me as fake, trying to get something going without actually doing the work of making a call.

If I use the MMM/capps style of "why are they posting this way?" then I don't know why a town player would make these kinds of comments. They don't advance any sort of opinion, but they're not complete shitposts or off topic either.

##vote Epsilon Plus

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I've been feeling off about Somber this game, but not specifically that him and fv are faking a slapfight. His aggressiveness doesn't seem to have that earnest quality it usually does, but this is totally gut feeling.

Would vote Somber.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Chic Trombone posted:

Somber does feel a little forced but I haven't played with him enough to tell what that means about his alignment, some people always read forced to me

Somber is always very aggressive and pushes people a lot, but it usually comes out as trying to figure out the game and get at the heart of things. This back and forth doesn't really feel like that.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think he's sincere, but I don't think it is alignment indicative.

This statement makes no sense to me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

on controller chat one of my friends plays asscreed and mirror's edge with k+m like what

What the gently caress.

Asscreed is one of those games that is basically completely necessary to use a controller.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This is absolutely not Somber's town game.

##vote Somber

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

This is the worst read in this thread, and there are some really bad reads.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Byers, read Over the Garden Wall. It was a great game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Whoops, I accidentally stopped reading this thread for a while.

I'll catch up tonight. It seems that merk had some sort of hissy fit and ragequit for a while though? He seems to do that a lot.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay I finally got around to reading the entirety of D2.

With regards to fv:

Byers2142 posted:

That makes more sense. Now, why is it a scum tell to want to know the effect? That's the part I'm not getting; someone trying to learn what was affected by a day action is a null tell. At best, you could make the argument that all it tells us is that Amoeba and f_v can't be scumbros, or else why ask in the thread, but even that's a weak argument to make with other supporting evidence to shore it up.

I agree with this. Asking about the effect is dumb, but not scummy. FV's very defensive posture is scummy and her calling out YPM but then not following up is also scummy.

Your Personal Muse posted:

To be clear, I'm voting FV because she tried to force me to produce content with absolutely no follow up. It's not like I gave a home run answer or anything, she went through the motions, which seems like scum faking content.

Basically this.

Then merk steals the show:

merk posted:

I was going to post a case on Chic, but I think I've already done that. I also think the best case on Dugong is literally quoting that one post.

Rarity made a case on Pinterest that is 'eh.' I think my one quote of Pinterest just nakedly out there is stronger than Rarity's whole case.

I don't like the arrogance and flippantness (is this a word?) of merk's posting in general in this game as evidenced in this post, specifically for reasons Byers points out:

Byers2142 posted:

I disagree, at this point in the game there's been plenty of posts and time to get a sense of most player's body of work or lack thereof. Moreso, I think it speaks to a scum mentality to consider the game like that right now.

There's a whole bunch of content here that I can quote, but I agree wholeheartedly with Byers analysis of merk. He's my number one pick for the day. ##vote merk

Thoughts on others:

I like YPM's defense of himself and his pushing on fv. I'm feeling good about it. I'm also feeling good about KFC, even though I disagree that fv's post about the map change is a scummy act. Also Winged Orpheus, who reads as newbie town.

Your Personal Muse posted:

To be clear, I'm voting FV because she tried to force me to produce content with absolutely no follow up. It's not like I gave a home run answer or anything, she went through the motions, which seems like scum faking content.

YPM made this post about fv and I can see it for her, but this is also how I feel about Rarity and to a lesser extent PMom right now. They've both made sniping, one line questions that feel like "I'm here generating content" without actually generating content.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
They were loved D1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am here and would consider switching to fv if that's the only way to get a lynch, but c'mon we're only 3 off.

• Locked thread