Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will play.

I clicked that link thinking you really setup a private server. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am getting a lot better on CS: GO thanks to Diqnol's tips from the Discussion Thread. I now try to pay attention at all times where I have my crosshair and setup camp spots where I wait for enemies to move through. I haven't gotten perfect at the 'this is where you put the crosshair to get a headshot' stuff yet, but I'm working on it.

I also am getting better at using grenades!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
How do you dethrone an AWP guy without flashes/HEs? Like on dust2, how do you take long A if they have an AWP and you don't unless you can get a flash in?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Interesting. I didn't realize that T strats might be kind of dependent on spawn location.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The best compliment you can receive in life is to be called a hacker in CS: GO.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ernie and I are playing CS if anyone wants in.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I feel like I should be ranking up out of silver 1 soon. How long does it usually take? I'm at 36 wins.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
hello

what do you think about barack 'hussein' obama?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##bet all ct

I have lost to Tao Jones and soru at mafia chess. Can I beat Opo?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
http://www.chess.com/echess/game?id=102853946

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok Opo. I'm out for dinner and drinks with my wife on her birthday. I will be playing on mobile while she is not around. This is your chance to beat me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Also, you just lost a pawn.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Thanks for the knight

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Are you playing some French Canada version of chess where we are nice to each other and never take pieces?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Counter Terrorists win

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I was much higher back in the day but I lost a bunch of games on time because I uninstalled the app after a tournament started. I think I was like 1870?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm better at chess than CS.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
"Iimmm gonnnnnaaaa cliiiiiiiinnnnnngggggggg frrrrom the chandalier from the chandaliiiiieeeerrrr" -Opo chess 2015

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think it's swing from the chandelier now which feels like an empowerment song. I'm sorry. You are not empowered in this game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Opo please resign

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
it's me swinging from the CHANDALIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You can't move the little nipple guy first. You can move the horse first though.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I JUST MADE SILVER II CHUMPS

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Start playing blitz games online at like FICS. When you start to get tired of losing because you don't know any openings, pick one white opening to start learning. Just google its name, like the King's Indian.

After that, pick one black opening to kind of learn in response to e4 (the most common opening). I really like the French defense for beginners because it kind of forces white to play into your game rather than you responding to white's game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
That said, learning openings won't really make you better at chess. That's the common mistake newbies make. Learning an opening does nothing more than help put the board into situations that you recognize or, more importantly, feel comfortable playing.

The real way to get better at chess is to just play or setup situations and try to understand tactics. For example, you should know how to checkmate in a K+R vs. K situation, a K+Q vs. K situation, etc.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm also not good at chess. I played everyday after school in high school for three straight years.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
But openings do help a lot if you pick one that you do as white. If you can keep the game in your comfort zone, you learn quicker. If you open b4, you are just going to get crushed because you're behind from the first move.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
At the state championship I beat some jerk from Naperville because I forced him into a weird line of the French defense that I played a lot and he wasn't very comfortable playing. He was light years better than me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
chessgames.com also has good puzzles each day

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Really, the best way to get better is to play. Make an account on FICS.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hi everyone

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Playing CS: Go on a surface pro 3 in a hotel is hard.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I've read nothing. Give me someone to kill.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##shoot Opo seems fitting

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Killing Opo got him to resign this game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
He had lost the chess game but wouldn't resign.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'll literally vote anyone. I haven't read much.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ernie. posted:

full context: i want everyone to reach deep within their hearts and consider if ~champion~ merk would use a vig the way he did if he's town. i mean he'd hold on to it to try and 'save' the game, is my impression of how strong merk knows his play is.

instead he wasted it on a joke.

I was required to use it today.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

It's cool that you don't break the rules anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ernie. posted:

why opop and not whoever was vote leader?

Truth reason: Opo refusing to resign the chess game was annoying
Fake reason: gut read on Opo

• Locked thread