Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
http://fox6now.com/2014/12/26/tragic-indiana-man-mauled-to-death-by-his-own-pit-bull-fat-boy-on-christmas-day/

quote:

INDIANA (WITI) — A sad story out of Indiana: A pit bull mauled his owner to death on Christmas Day.

FOX6’s sister station WGN reports 40-year-old Eddie Cahill was at home on Thursday, December 25th with his two eight-year-old dogs “Fat Boy and Keylo.”

Cahill’s wife was spending the day with her family. When she returned home, WGN reports she found Fat Boy with blood on his mouth, and Cahill dead in the living room — covered in dog bites.

The dog was taken to the humane society, where officials had to use a taser to get the dog under control. The dog was euthanized on Friday, December 26th, at the request of the family.

WGN reports the family says they had given the dog bones for Christmas, and they call what happened a freak accident.

A police report shows Cahill’s wife told a responding officer she had warned her husband to have the dog euthanized because it was violent and unpredictable, but she now says that’s not true.

“They were playful dogs. One slept with the girls and the other slept with me and my husband. I don’t want people to think bad of pit bulls. It was a freak accident. He loved those dogs,” Cahill’s wife told WGN.

"It's very important that people not think bad of the family pet of 8 years that snapped and mauled my husband to death."

Euthanize all murder dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp
Golden retrievers are more violent, so we should start with them.

fivethree
Jul 28, 2014
just for that i'm buying 2 more pit bulls, i love them and will keep them procreating:)

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
its funny that you never hear of cats mauling people to death

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
she is only saying that because she has some psychotic perspective about her husband's memory or dog equality. should have been her

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I'm glad there's a special model of dog only dumb fuckers own, rather than dumb fuckers just owning whatever normal kind of dog and being slightly harder to identify and discriminate against.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

Euthanize all murder dogs.

Hey! You leave dogs out of this.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
considering dogs are literally retarded perhaps it's not a good idea to have a retard who can murder you as a pet

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
*Buys a chew toy for a dog, dog freaks out and kills its owner

"Welp, these things happen! Pit Bulls are still sweet and gentle creatures!"

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I'm glad there's a special model of dog only dumb fuckers own, rather than dumb fuckers just owning whatever normal kind of dog and being slightly harder to identify and discriminate against.
Yeah there's definitely a certain "kind" of person that trains their dogs wrong and responsible for attacks.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

what even is the appeal of pit bulls to these 'oh they aren't violent' type of people. they are among the ugliest dogs on the planet, why wouldn't you just get a loveable dopey mutt instead of paying a premium for an ugly breed that might snap and kill you for no reason, idgi.

fivethree
Jul 28, 2014

Cubey posted:

what even is the appeal of pit bulls to these 'oh they aren't violent' type of people. they are among the ugliest dogs on the planet, why wouldn't you just get a loveable dopey mutt instead of paying a premium for an ugly breed that might snap and kill you for no reason, idgi.

pit bulls are generally free...

the staffordshire bull terrier and american staffordshire are AKC recognized breeds and cost a ton of money. 99% of dog attacks are "pit bulls" that are undefined mixtures.

breed standard staffordshires are renown for their affection toward humans. i just poopd

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
I've never met a pit bull who wasn't an absolute sweetheart. Maybe that's just me being fluent in doglish, but I just can't see them being a threat to anyone unless they're very poorly socialized.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

fivethree posted:

pit bulls are generally free...

well so are mutts so my point still stands

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Cubey posted:

Think they're taking a civil rights stand and also that random passersby might mistake them for a cool gangster if they stand next to one, it's like a lone black friend that you can buy outright

It'd be good if we could sell them on the idea that like skye terriers or something are super tuff hickass fightin dogs so we'd still have the red badge of idiot but not one that's able to get its jaws around an infant's skull.

Hobo Siege posted:

I've never met a pit bull who wasn't an absolute sweetheart. Maybe that's just me being fluent in doglish, but I just can't see them being a threat to anyone unless they're very poorly socialized.

they're OK dogs, all dog types are OK by default but pit owners are universally the last people you want responsible for socializing a living thing

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Dec 27, 2014

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
My wife just had a child and I've decided to start breeding pit bulls, but I'm good with dogs.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Cubey posted:

it is my firm belief that people who think pug faced dogs or cats are cute or in any way aesthetically appealing are broken in the head

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Torka posted:

it is my firm belief that people who think pug faced dogs or cats are cute or in any way aesthetically appealing are broken in the head

my favorite is how breeds like pugs have health issues because of their ugly loving faces. people are intentionally breeding animals that go through their whole lives with breathing problems because they somehow think the ugly fuckers look better that way. i genuinely do not understand.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cubey posted:

my favorite is how breeds like pugs have health issues because of their ugly loving faces. people are intentionally breeding animals that go through their whole lives with breathing problems because they somehow think the ugly fuckers look better that way. i genuinely do not understand.

:agreed:

pugs and pit bulls are loving hideous, and i usually like most dogs. its a shame most animal shelters are swamped with "pit bull mutts" and chihuahua's because they also suck

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Cubey posted:

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
dogs with flat faces are ugly as gently caress

why would you want a pit bull, or really any dog over like 40 pounds. you must be crazy

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Damo posted:

or really any dog over like 40 pounds. you must be crazy

alaskan malamutes disagree

they're tanks

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
"I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY SOMEBODY WOULD PICK AN UGLY DUCKLING TO TAKE HOME, I JUST DONT GET IT"

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Poetic Justice posted:

"I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY SOMEBODY WOULD PICK AN UGLY DUCKLING TO TAKE HOME, I JUST DONT GET IT"

the ugly duckling grew into a beautiful swan, an disgusting flat faced mutt will always be a disgusting flat faced mutt

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Torka posted:

the ugly duckling grew into a beautiful swan, an disgusting flat faced mutt will always be a disgusting flat faced mutt

i have always picked the leftovers because no1 else will, and the breed has never made a difference, they end up as awesome dogs

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Torka posted:

Wrong, mutts are like $50, you gotta drop around four figgies if you want to be sure of getting one of the critters with the serious health problems.

You can get a psychotic pitmix 'rescued bait dog' that you can neglect until it eventually goes berserk and murders you family for just about nothin though

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
i purchase only the ugly pure breeds because most people can't afford them, and those that can make terrible pet owners

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Destroy all dogs

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Plafop posted:

Golden retrievers are more violent, so we should start with them.
we should start with poo poo tier posters like you

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

i will be purchasing a livestock guarding dog to protect my apartment

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Sojenus posted:

i will be purchasing a livestock guarding dog to protect my apartment

Good. Train him well, and his instincts will protect you.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I recommend installing a disco ball in your ceiling, he will think that the moving lights are livestock and be a faithful well trained partner for life.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
Merry Christmas Mrs. Cahill.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
if your own dog kills you, you hosed up

e: probably true for any dog, but def true for your own dog

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
WOAH WOAH THERE I'M THE EXCEPTION TO THE RULE!! ITS FINE FOR ME TO OWN VIOLENT DOGS!

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

pretty sure it counts as suicide on the level of auto-erotic asphyxiation with respect to the other ghosts making fun of you in the afterlife

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
This is probably an insurance scam.

With the husband and the witness out of the way Mrs. Cahill is finally free.

Rambling Robot fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Dec 27, 2014

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
i've always wanted to be a fireman, so I bought a dalmatian

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I bet I have a better chance of dying in 2015 flying my usual over 50k miles than if we had two pit bulls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Everyone should own Wirehaired Pointing Griffons.

They are considered to be "4 wheel drive hunters", are super intelligent and loyal, and were bred from the outset for a loving, family oriented temperament

:3: :3: :3:

• Locked thread