Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

sexy young infidel posted:

Just push hide idiot
hmm the fact he doesnt do this tells me he waits for the girls he knew in highschool to post selfies that he can jack off to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

My facebook friend posted on facebook that he was committing suicide before slashing his wrists, and then someone saw the post and called an ambulance and they went round to his house and were able to treat him and save his life. Facebook literally saved his life.

I'm really glad about this guy who's probably really helpful and cool now, getting save by other people that are also on facebook all day. Actually I wish more people had died

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

My facebook friend posted on facebook that he was committing suicide before slashing his wrists, and then someone saw the post and called an ambulance and they went round to his house and were able to treat him and save his life. Facebook literally saved his life.

no, his attention whoring did

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

On my facebook it's mostly people posting depressing things that they think are positive. A while back I saw a girl posting about how blessed she was to have a toddler who eats enough and is growing, unlike many other kids.

It would have been positive if it didn't include a picture of the dangerously overweight kid eating a stick of butter.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

dog buttz posted:

On my facebook it's mostly people posting depressing things that they think are positive. A while back I saw a girl posting about how blessed she was to have a toddler who eats enough and is growing, unlike many other kids.

It would have been positive if it didn't include a picture of the dangerously overweight kid eating a stick of butter.

Lol see this is why I don't hide stuff. There's some hilarity to be had in these posts too. #blessed.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
"Unlike many other kids" are you making GBS threads me, fattest generation in the world, unless you're croatian or really anywhere near russia or china

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

"Unlike many other kids" are you making GBS threads me, fattest generation in the world, unless you're croatian or really anywhere near russia or china
maybe her other kids died of coronary heart disease and are no longer growing

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

InFlames235 posted:

Lol see this is why I don't hide stuff. There's some hilarity to be had in these posts too. #blessed.

Exactly. There's a guy I'm friends with (on facebook only) who has been posting the same statuses about how he's going to turn his life around, stop letting people walk all over him, and find a girl better than his ex girlfriend. He's been posting those same type of statuses he was a sophomore in high school: six loving years ago. They piss me off but I can't delete him because about every fifth post I laugh my rear end off at how sad it is.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

dog buttz posted:

Exactly. There's a guy I'm friends with (on facebook only) who has been posting the same statuses about how he's going to turn his life around, stop letting people walk all over him, and find a girl better than his ex girlfriend. He's been posting those same type of statuses he was a sophomore in high school: six loving years ago.
get over to where he lives and literally walk over him. push down that guy and just stomp stomp stomp

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

a hole-y ghost posted:

get over to where he lives and literally walk over him. push down that guy and just stomp stomp stomp

lmao I think life/his ex-girlfriend beat him to it

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

ArtIsResistance posted:

lmao I think life/his ex-girlfriend beat him to it

lmao

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 27, 2014

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
I have a FB friend that posts in the third person and she broke up with her boyfriend and for weeks had status updates like "Emily is broken" and "Emily is terrified", my god, it was sad and hilarious.

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms
Most people on my facebook list are loved ones and friends, and a lot of those people are really only friends with 'loved ones and friends.' I don't post a whole lot on there unless it's something that more than just I can relate to, mostly just pics of the family or a get together with some friends at a restaurant once in a while. My newsfeed isn't anywhere near perfect and I def roll my eyes at a lot of stuff... but it's also a great avenue for friends and family to reach out to a broader audience (instantaneously) for help if something really awful actually is going on. If you see certain people being multiple offenders of things that make you grumpy, you can always select that option which makes their posts show up a lot less or not at all on your news feed. If it ends up being your entire friends list, time to point the finger at yourself you self-centered twat.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

my father-in-law posts about "having a good cry" about every other day. Usually it's about his mom's death five years ago but some of my favorites have been how he got a new broom, how he couldn't figure out how to use cruise control on his car, and how I've corrupted his daughter who has in turn corrupted her sisters and turned them against him.

jet sanchEz posted:

I have a FB friend that posts in the third person and she broke up with her boyfriend and for weeks had status updates like "Emily is broken" and "Emily is terrified", my god, it was sad and hilarious.

Emily hopes a lot of people see this status.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
I take the thomas jeffesron approach and that is why three out of my four liberal friends have survived :D

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

I take the thomas jeffesron approach and that is why three out of my four liberal friends have survived :D

you were a spokesman for democracy and embraced the principles of republicanism and the rights of the individual with worldwide influence?

same

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

ArtIsResistance posted:

you were a spokesman for democracy and embraced the principles of republicanism and the rights of the individual with worldwide influence?

same

he was a good man & he said not to part friends based on politics which I agree except during the election

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

he was a good man & he said not to part friends based on politics which I agree except during the election

hrrmmm I'll take your word for it

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Actually I wish more people had died

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Some trashy girl I used to work with always posts about how the cops are being unfair to her boyfriend and how she can't wait for him to get out of jail. Then he gets out and she posts a bunch of poo poo about how he's talking to other girls and 'smh this' and 'bitches be steppin that' and whatever. Then he goes back to jail and it's all "how dare they keep him away from his children!!!"

She also posts his super lovely rap music that is going to make them rich or whatever. She deleted a bunch of people from facebook when she quit, but not me for some reason. Her wall is like an episode of trailer park boys.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

ArtIsResistance posted:

hrrmmm I'll take your word for it

he did say that

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

and I said I'll take your word for it because I am not american!!!

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I'll believe you but only because I have no reason not to as well.

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid

Fetus Tree posted:

its a coping mechanism

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

dog buttz posted:

Exactly. There's a guy I'm friends with (on facebook only) who has been posting the same statuses about how he's going to turn his life around, stop letting people walk all over him, and find a girl better than his ex girlfriend. He's been posting those same type of statuses he was a sophomore in high school: six loving years ago. They piss me off but I can't delete him because about every fifth post I laugh my rear end off at how sad it is.

Here's a hint: he will still be doing that when you're in your thirties. You'll learn to tune it out, trust me.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
"sigh..."

"what's wrong bbe?
"I'm here for u <3 <3"
"what's up?"

"I don't want to talk abt it"

gently caress you, dickweed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

Suicide Sam E. posted:

Was it this Adam:

?
http://adammclane.com/2013/08/22/why-you-should-delete-snapchat/

Adam was pretty on the ball with them being out to get us.

No he was a pretty crunchy burning man kinda guy.

• Locked thread