Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
dish when are you going to make a Chokato irl then eat it on camera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
Speaking of mismatched armor designs, all the cutscenes now are showing Tor in better armor than he actually is ingame, so they probably ran out of time to make his second-class knight model as well.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Man this is a hell of a game. We spend three hours getting to the actual plot and then it's just bam, straight into the final boss. I can't believe the next three chapters are just a nine-hour boss fight.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The cutscenes really seem to have a thing for full-face extreme close-up reaction shots.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
dish said the neopets update would be soon but then he became the neopetfucker and it's just really awkward now

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Putty posted:

dish said the neopets update would be soon but then he became the neopetfucker and it's just really awkward now

we have a tiny bit of a backlog. updates are coming Soon™

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
dish update the neopets or your will never see instant grat ever again

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Putty posted:

dish update the neopets or your will never see instant grat ever again

sounds good to me

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

I remember when iOS updated to use people's nick names instead of their real names. It sure was awkward when my sister saw what she came up as.

(Or not, since it's a family joke that she knew about but wouldn't make sense without explanation.)

The best part is that Siri will use the nickname too, so you should be able to ask her to "call neopetfucker" and it's possible it will work.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Sorry for the lag in updates! I know people have been waiting anxiously for the newest Neopets video, and I don't want to let you down. It's just, well, you see... how do I say this? Tor had to go the magical island in the sky. He doesn't exist on this plane of existence anymore. He turned into some form of fairy thing and now he's living happily in peace and quiet.

Of course, I'm talking about Faerieland! It's time to meet Roberta and her parent/guardian, Seredar. She has a magic wand! He sounds like Bane from the movies! Together, they fight crime.

NEW EPISODE: VIII. Purple

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
As someone whose name starts with Tor, this game deeply shocks and offends me.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
Seredar is a Gelert:

Roberta is an Acara:

And "Solaire" is a Uni, notably a kind of Pet, as opposed to petpets.

All three used to be my favorite Neopets... and all three rendered into 3D very very poorly. :(

Also, I think the Star Wars alien you're talking about is a Twi'lek:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Twi%27lek

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Rose Spirit posted:

Also, I think the Star Wars alien you're talking about is a Twi'lek:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Twi%27lek

Yeah yeah! That one!

:captainpop: jesus christ

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They have a page about death.

It lists its "first appearance" as Episode IV. And in some works, it's "only mentioned."

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
When I was a kid we had this book all about the different species in Star Wars, including a bunch of EU poo poo that probably doesn't count anymore.

Anyway it turns out rancors are basically pit bulls and now rancors are my favorite Star Wars thing.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Suspicious Dish posted:

Sorry for the lag in updates! I know people have been waiting anxiously for the newest Neopets video, and I don't want to let you down. It's just, well, you see... how do I say this? Tor had to go the magical island in the sky. He doesn't exist on this plane of existence anymore. He turned into some form of fairy thing and now he's living happily in peace and quiet.

Of course, I'm talking about Faerieland! It's time to meet Roberta and her parent/guardian, Seredar. She has a magic wand! He sounds like Bane from the movies! Together, they fight crime.

NEW EPISODE: VIII. Purple

Wait... Wait... Wait... At around a minute 25, did that guy say "There are dark things full of terror"? I wonder if that was intended to be a reference to A Song of Fire and Ice. I would not put it passed some jaded children's writer to do something like that.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

D_W posted:

Wait... Wait... Wait... At around a minute 25, did that guy say "There are dark things full of terror"? I wonder if that was intended to be a reference to A Song of Fire and Ice. I would not put it passed some jaded children's writer to do something like that.

Sorites
Sep 10, 2012

Why would an Ixi wear shoes? The Ixi in that picture isn't wearing shoes.

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!

Sorites posted:

Why would an Ixi wear shoes? The Ixi in that picture isn't wearing shoes.

Look again

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Waffleman_ posted:

They have a page about death.

It lists its "first appearance" as Episode IV. And in some works, it's "only mentioned."
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Breast ( :nws: )

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

:siren: :siren:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
thank you

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Harris is not the name of the Aisha's petpet, but a variety of petpet. Much like juppies inexplicably being peppers and neggs being eggplants, Harris' are koalas.

which then just subsequently questions why it'd be in danger in a tree, considering that it's in its natural element up there.

Bluhman fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 12, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Bluhman posted:

Harris is not the name of the Aisha's petpet, but a variety of petpet. Much like juppies inexplicably being peppers and neggs being eggplants, Harris' are koalas.

Look in a mirror and repeat this post three times. You are now a Scientologist.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I would like to note that one of the related videos was for another LP of this game. It was for the fight against the three Dark Faeries.

It was update 40.

I mean, I try to give YouTube LPs a bit of slack, but seriously, 40 loving updates to get what you've accomplished in 7! I mean, even if you aren't very good, it shouldn't take anybody that long.
...right?

edit:

...what. No, seriously, what the hell!? Maybe this is just Irate Azren DayTM, but come on, Wookiepedia! I have nothing against breasts, but that page screams "pandering" like it's trying to get into the next Dead or Alive game!

azren fucked around with this message at 14:10 on May 13, 2015

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

azren posted:

I would like to note that one of the related videos was for another LP of this game. It was for the fight against the three Dark Faeries.

It was update 40.

I mean, I try to give YouTube LPs a bit of slack, but seriously, 40 loving updates to get what you've accomplished in 7! I mean, even if you aren't very good, it shouldn't take anybody that long.
...right?

Either that is a spoiler for the most obvious final boss battles ever, or more likely they didn't cut out the 100 hours of running around Meridell doing sidequests.

without a haste postion, probably.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
If you want me to show the additional 33 episodes of Meridell sidequests without using the run button, I'd be more than delighted to provide that to you. I have it all recorded!

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Suspicious Dish posted:

I have it all recorded!
Do it.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
please

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Make it hurt so good.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm excited, because boy do we have a jam-packed episode for you, friends!

Sequence breaking! (that involved me off-camera-ing 6 hours of grinding!)
Complex puzzle solving, cross-referencing clues from earlier in the game!
Clock towers!
Plot twists!
Up to 9 fully-animated, voice acted cutscenes!
A fat dragon fell on some stairs!

It's all new, it's all here, and it's all in the

NEW EPISODE: IX. Harris

Suspicious Dish fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jun 4, 2015

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Man that's loving incredible. Mad props to Good Game Furry Dark Souls on that playtesting.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
The thing with sudoku toilet paper is that every empty box is going to be number 2.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Zain posted:

The thing with sudoku toilet paper is that every empty box is going to be number 2.

:sbahj:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
this is unironically one of the worst games I've ever seen but I can't stop watching

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I can't believe that earlier you were like "no this is actually a pretty good game"

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Uh, did you somehow miss all the hott furry bondage in the latest update?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

IronicDongz posted:

I can't believe that earlier you were like "no this is actually a pretty good game"

It is a really good game.

• Locked thread