Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I had this stray cat that comes around and she was really sweet & a good cat. Not gross like some streys get and super friendly and cool and really a pretty cat. So I was gonna put her in my house and basically steal her, but I didn't and she stopped showing up for a while.

Well, this morning I went out and she was right there trying to get in, but she was absolutely filthy and all her fur was falling out and her rear end was leaking, and i almost puked she smelled so bad. So I took her to the emergency vet and the doc told me she somehow got some form of butt trauma that ment she would never be continent and her tail was broken and she had no ability to feel sensations in her butt or tail. So I petted her and then he shot her up with some big syringes and she died.

I should have taken her in like a responsible pet owner but I didn't cause I guess i'm just a piece of poo poo goonlord or w/e. I at least wish she had come back before she started rotting like that, she didn't deserve to have to walk around rancid.

Gonna go bury her I guess. I payed $175 in united states currency to do this. They made me sign a legal document indicating that i never saw or had knowledge that she ever bit anyone. They would have had to chop off her head and send it to the state lab to alayze for rabies. P sure the vets were pissed off and really upset to see me bring her in. Animals shouldn't have to be in such terrible condition. At least it's over. Feel pretty bad about it though.

RIP good cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
that sucks dude and u probably did the right thing :(

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Sorry to hear that, man. I've had to make the final decision on some fine cats in my day. Fine cats after long years of loyal service.

Don't speculate on ifs, you did what had to be done when the situation presented itself.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
My adorable perfect snuggley cat is laying on top of me while I post this. He says you are a monster

fearlessflyingfish
Dec 24, 2014

Did you seriously pack drugs and candy for dinner?
I'm sorry to hear that buddy. You showed it love when it need it though; that cat had its own life and, when it was hurt, it came to you. You didn't do anything wrong at all. You did everything right. Don't let hindsight trick you into dismissing the good you did.

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Did you rear end rape the cat until it had to be put down? Honest answer, this is a safe place.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Nah you did the right thing. Also it was the vet that killed it, so

Fusilli Jerry
Dec 13, 2013

ASSMAN
pretty good thread

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
This is a sad thread.

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)
the rear end trauma probably came from some psychopathic neighbor kid

seeing what people do to helpless beings that can't speak or defend themselves is reason enough not to like or trust anyone

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby
Cats seem to get infections pretty easily so it probably wasn't anything you could prevent. I had a stray I took into get fixed and she had some sort of horrible uterine infection (only reason she hadn't had kittens). They were able to cure it but she wasn't showing any symptoms (other than being skinny). Just be thankful you were there to pet her at the end and she didn't have to die in pain alone in a ditch somewhere. (gently caress, now I'm tearing up)

Tora! Tora! Tora! fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 27, 2014

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
It could have just been clipped by a vehicle. But it does no good to speculate.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

I had this stray that used to hang out near my fire exit stairway
it was friendly and very comfortable with humans and I saw her like once every 3 days

haven't seen it around in a long time
I hope someone adopted it and now its living a happy cat life

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

meanwhile my family friends adopted this cat they found living in their barn
its feral as gently caress
it sits behind the sofa all day, only comes out to eat/poo poo, and hisses at people when they walk by
what a mean cat
loving why
what a waste of a good cat adoption

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Agag posted:

probably this, should have put it down yourself the first time you saw it like a responsible pet owner

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
OP you should be proud of yourself for helping that cat out of its miserable state. If you had taken it in you would have had sadtimes watching a cat's rear end leak all over your stuff. Your apartment would smell like dying cat buttholes.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
'grats on prolonging the cats suffering and wasting $175 instead of just manning up and ending its misery yourself

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
You could have saved $175 by just dropping it off and saying, this cat was wandering around outside your house meowing and you want them to find the owner. Then they woulda offed it for free after you left.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Agag posted:

This happened to one of my cats when I was a child, one time I came home to find my cat chilling out by the garage, but he wouldn't get up to come see me, and when I picked him up and put him on his feet he would just fall over. :smith:

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

You could have saved $175 by just dropping it off and saying, this cat was wandering around outside your house meowing and you want them to find the owner. Then they woulda offed it for free after you left.

Shovel.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
doesn't matter much to me as long as it's dead.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I was gonna say something mean but I think I'll just say I'm sorry that happened to you and I hope you are OK.

Maybe I'll come back and say something mean later.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
One of my cats (a kitten really) was as the door ringing wet and died of an illness soon after. My neighbour and I deduced that her bitch cousin kid dunked them in ice cold water. loving hated that bitch.

The rest got eaten by wildlife.

Slurin
Jul 17, 2008
I am a coward who makes grandiose claims and then runs away when asked for evidence. Please ignore everything I have to say.
There was a cat that was stray and would never come to get pets but demanded food. Wouldnt give it food but would try to be nice to it so I could sneak it into a box and take it to the pound. It vanished and showed up a few months later pregnant as with what must have been many many kittens. Put a thing of food in a cat box and coaxed her into it, and dropped her off at the pound. She got fostered and her cats got raised out. I saw her at the pet store several months later and she didnt even recognize that i was the one that saved her and all her babbys

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Did you at least get a picture so that you can put up "Cat Found!!" notices around the neighborhood for whoever the cat's other family was.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
:cabot:
Bad things should not happen to good cats.

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp
RIP cat

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

Don't fret buddy. You did the right thing, and it's not your fault something bad happened to the cat.

E: and I love you.

Bob Saget IRL fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Dec 28, 2014

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Bob Saget IRL posted:

You did the right thing, and it's not your fault something bad happened to the cat.

Sadly it was and the op will have to bear this burden forever

quote:

So I was gonna put her in my house and basically steal her, but I didn't

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Sorry for your loss op

:rip: in peace strey cat

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
sorry op, but at least you did what you could to prevent the cat from suffering...my favorite cat, a calico, had a saddle thrombus and had to be put down...i held her when they gave her the needle and the whole experience really sucked, i cried my eyeballs out right in front of the vet...rip ms. scramblesuit, i miss ya

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
a .22 round and a shovel costs a lot less than $200 just FYI

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
that cat was actually hitler incarnate so you did the right thing by murdering him in cold blood

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Harald posted:

a .22 round and a shovel costs a lot less than $200 just FYI
a hammer you have laying around is free!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90Nbk5lgHtw

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Lmao

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

jalopybrown posted:

Sadly it was and the op will have to bear this burden forever

Ignore the trolls OP.

Youre not the schindler of cats. You could be now though, but then youll probably never sex again.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

utterlycorrupt posted:

sorry op, but at least you did what you could to prevent the cat from suffering...my favorite cat, a calico, had a saddle thrombus and had to be put down...i held her when they gave her the needle and the whole experience really sucked, i cried my eyeballs out right in front of the vet...rip ms. scramblesuit, i miss ya

why do calicos always get super fat, my mother had a calico that died this way and she has another now thats also really fat and is basically the same cat in terms of personality, everyone in my family gives their cats free access to dry food but their weights seem more or less fine except for the orange+black colored calicos which get horribly obese

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Keep your eyes open there be a catfucker in your neighborhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
im sorry your cat had butt cancer

• Locked thread