Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
So wow. Camu doesn't exist in my version, Tanbel gets demoted to a mine, and you meet Guy in a different part of the world and he's uh different.

Also my update will be up shortly after we hit a certain point in this one. Not dead, don't worry :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
That's not that surprising; Camu's primary purpose is to tease the mad gods to the player, and that purpose has already been filled in the remake.

Incidentally, whoever did the Estpolis Biography 2 OST confused Peace of Mind with To the Future, which both start off with the same melody. (Both track names are from the SPC set on SNES Music, so no comment on accuracy; Peace of Mind is the track that plays in the cutscene with the nawaroa fish. We're not going to see To the Future for a long time yet.)

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Torrannor posted:

Wow, it's been too long since I played the game, at first I confused Camu with another minion entirely, namely Idura. Camu just appears and then swiftly gets defeated, he's not memorable at all.
Yeah, I did too. The both summon the same palate swapped scrubs, have similar spiky hair in their map sprites, and use some of the same tactics against the party.

The n00b Avenger
Dec 21, 2014

Carbon dioxide posted:

Thinking about it, why did Maxim suddenly start calling him 'Sir Guy'? Does Guy look like a knight or something? Or is it yet another case of badly-translatable Japanese honorifics?

Yeah, went to check real quick and it's just Guy telling Maxim to drop the san from Guy-san. That's the way Maxim referred to him all the time up to that point but in the translation they only portray it in that one scene as 'sir' so it seems to come out of nowhere. I'd criticize the translation but honorifics are always an awkward bitch to work around whenever they're directly brought up so whatever.

In the process of checking, I also saw that this line

was pretty much entirely made up by the translator. The original was "Yeah, unlike a certain someone who forced me to take her with me..." Odd change.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

The n00b Avenger posted:

In the process of checking, I also saw that this line

was pretty much entirely made up by the translator. The original was "Yeah, unlike a certain someone who forced me to take her with me..." Odd change.

That is interesting. The original works better in context--the previous line was Tia remarking "that's true love" because Jessy trusts Guy enough to let him go, so it makes sense that Maxim would be thinking something along the lines of "uh, are you listening to what you saying, Tia?" The game never really comes any closer than that to reminding the player how awkward as hell having Tia following him around must be for him.

The original also works better, however slightly, for setting up the Big Moment when Tia finally realizes Selan, not her, is the woman for Maxim, because Selan trusts him enough to stay behind where Tia still just can't stand the thought of letting him out of her sight.

Strong Convections
May 8, 2008
That dusty skull that needs to be blown up was my sonic barrel.

Went back through everywhere and talked to everyone and went through the tower at least a half dozen times before giving up and coming back a couple of years later and noticing the dust when I walked over it. Still took me another 2 trips through the tower and standing around in the room thinking about it for a while to think of blowing it up - I got that there was something with it but I think I thought it would change into a skeleton enemy or a pillar or something if I did something elsewhere.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Huh, yeah the original line fits way better and solidifies Maxim as 'intentionally avoiding the Issue' with Tia rather than being dumb.
I could see the translator changing it to make him less antagonistic towards Tia and also portray her in a slightly better light? I dunno, that changes some characterization around for both Tia and Maxim.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
As much as this game does right, it really doesn't do the Maxim/Tia relationship well. At all. Or hell, Tia in general. But I feel keeping that line like it was in the original would have been a solid step towards making it better. As it is in the game, all it does is make Maxim look oblivious and/or a complete rear end in a top hat and Tia look like someone about to boil a rabbit.

The n00b Avenger
Dec 21, 2014
Well it's not really Maxim being antagonist. It's pretty clear that it's just banter and there's no real vitriol there. He's not happy about it of course but they're still close friends and all. Tia makes it pretty clear that she knows exactly what he's thinking too with her next line. Actually interesting thing on that note, Tia describes Jessie and Guy's love as adult love, or mature love, or whatever. True love is a pretty decent translation. When Maxim thinks that comment to himself, Tia is like "Unlike Jessie I'm not mature/adult enough to just wait around." so Tia's like, already basically admitting that she's being immature about what she's doing. But she can't help it because, hey, that's just how she feels. If anything I'd say the original paints Tia in a more likeable light as well.

The n00b Avenger fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jan 12, 2015

Charlett
Apr 2, 2011
Yeah, I actually really liked Tia, because I thought it was like the adventurers who are in love and they go on adventures and their relationship becomes that much stronger because of their partnership (in any sort of fan media, after all, fans immediately think "Which two people in this party is closest? Better assume they're banging!"). I can totally see Tia kinda thinking "If I can do something alongside him, maybe he will notice my attempt to put myself out there, and we can become closer." I never saw it as a forceful issue, I mean, why *wouldn't* Maxim want her along if she is capable in battle, which apparently she is? (she just needed some spells to make it work). In fact, as a person who isn't very adventurous and happy to just sit in my house doing nothing, I give Tia massive props for jumping out of her comfort zone to try to make something work instead of just sitting on her butt hoping things will change.

Not only that, but it shows that Tia is trying to accept Maxim for who he is. She went the "Hey do you want to settle down and stay with me?" route, and when Maxim said "no", she got a little angry (yeah, that was annoying), but when she calmed down, she went out to join him, essentially saying "hey, I accept this is what you want to do, and I like you enough to want to keep doing it with you." She always seemed like a super strong character to me. But then again I played this when I was what, 8? I could be missing stuff that happens later. So far though I like what they did with her.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
Chapter 8: Friggin' Spiders

Now that Camu's gone, the barrier preventing us from moving on is lowered.

Clemento's a tiny little town along the way, but we'll have to stop in anyway, for reasons we'll soon see.

I have absolutely no idea.

: Yes, it's really lovely. Is this made of glass?

: Uh-huh. You can buy them in that shop.

Clemento's main claim to fame is also one of the few unique shops in the game.

: No. My husband makes all the crafts.

: Really? Is he here today?

: No, he's off on a journey. He seeks beautiful things and turns them into glass. But he hasn't come back for a long time. He's never been away this long before.

We can buy their products while we're here, but they only go on Tia and they're vastly inferior to the Witch Ring, so I don't.

I do stop in to the magic shop, because they've got some neat stuff, like this status buff here.

Say hello to never having to buy Escapes ever again. Also...

Buy Release! Get it for both Maxim and Tia! While you're at it, buy some Mystery Pins!

You'll thank me later.

Here's the plot reason for why we can't skip this town. Rochy won't let us pass until we do something for him.

Yo.

: I understand you are warriors. Have you ever gone to the North Cave?

: No, but why do you ask?

: Rumor has it there's an apple-shaped ruby there, but I can't get to it because of the monsters. I just have to have the Ruby Apple. If you happen to find it, would you sell it to me? Of course, I will pay whatever you ask. I'm not stingy, I just know how to use money.

How does Rochy make all that money, you ask?

: What, again!? I told them one more delay and they're out.

: What shall we do?

: Hmm, let's see...Oops. Sweetheart, don't bring up such things in front of our guests.

: Why not? I don't see anything wrong with speaking the truth.

: H-ha, ha! Now isn't there something you should be doing out back, sweetness?

: Alright, alright.

Yeah. Unfortunately, we have to go along with it for now.

Another cave. I think you know what that means.

:sigh:

Right from the start, we notice something very unusual. That is none other than our next Capsule Monster.

But first, bees. They're a little obnoxious since they'll spontaneously zoom two or three spaces in a random direction. Makes it hard to approach them without getting hit from the side.

Also, look at these suckers! They are so tired of this nonsense. We can actually get a Bee Rock from them if we're lucky, and those are useful for a number of reasons. I don't, unfortunately.

We'll want to start by bombing this wall if we want to get the CM first.

Sure, Lufia 2 swaps palettes, but at least they use cool color schemes for them.

I have Guy using the Fire Dagger, and it just so happens that a lot of enemies are weak to fire in this dungeon. Kinda weird for a cave full of lava, but I'm not complaining.

Complex, huh?

By that, they mean that it's one of those dungeons where everything around the switch flips with it.

Solution? Flip every switch once.

When we do so, we can hear the lava recede from somewhere.

Specifically, here, accessible via a teleporter in the next room.

Welcome to the team, doggy.

Named Blaze by default, the Armor Dog can be accessed via the Change menu. His alignment is fire, which means that his special attacks will be fire-elemental. Handy for this dungeon. Foomy belongs to the neutral element, so his attacks are typeless.

Blaze's biggest downside is that abysmal GUT of his. On a Capsule Monster, GUT determines how likely it is to run away when threatened. As you saw last battle, Foomy took a considerable beating before he decided to run on the 4th or 5th turn. Blaze here can and will run away on the 1st!

On the other hand, when he isn't running away, he's a lot more likely to outright attack, as opposed to Foomy's tendency to defend a lot.

Back at the entrance, we could go through a door on the right, OR we could cut this grass and go through a door on the left. They both lead to the same area.

Rinse and repeat to make a staircase appear.

Here is where the two paths connect. There's nothing of note down either path, but this one has more puzzling, so to speak.

We'll want to take the right staircase here, because the left one goes to a dead end right away.

A quick arrow will fix that!

Like I said, Blaze is pretty handy here.

No choice but to fight this spooky skeleton. He's in our way.

Easy enough. They're also weak to fire.

Mandatory key acquired.

Here's a little headache for the convection lovers among you.

Throwing blocks of ice into the lava creates a path for us to cross.

The game doesn't say this outright, but there's treasure hidden down a ways that can only be accessed by strategic use of ice blocks.

More accurately, we have to throw them down constantly from the lower right corner of the last one we threw.

This will connect two platforms with two more ice blocks, which we use to get down to the treasure chests.

Sweet!

Debuffs! Always handy. This is the kind of game where dropping enemy stats and raising your own will actually be worth doing.

Not too helpful for right now, but it will be very good in the next dungeon we encounter.

Believe it or not, but there's actually another treasure chest over here.

Not, in fact, a transformational catalyst for Blaze. We'll see the Capsule Monster this corresponds to in due time.

Finally, throwing a block down here lets us move on.

We're already on the way to the boss, actually. The lava block room was the last puzzle.

See? The healing pads are here too.

The Ruby Key's only a room or two back, if we missed it. This is a short dungeon.

You didn't think it was that easy, did you?

Meet the worst boss of the game.

If you don't have the Fire Dagger going into this battle, expect to be fighting for a while. The Tarantula has 2000 HP, and as we'll soon see, it has a number of ways to make the fight last longer.

Like many spells, buffs can be multi-cast, and you should boost defense at the start of the fight. The Tarantula's attacks are pretty nasty.

Best part about buffs, by the way, is that they're percentage-based, so multi-casting won't decrease their power. They do drop off very fast with subsequent casts though, so I'd only recommend using them once per battle.

I'd rate Menace as too expensive to be really worth only decreasing attack power by 1/8, but every little bit helps.

Now, it's time for the battle proper.

Poison Shower has a chance to inflict poison and REALLY hurts. This is after buffing.

Along with the aforementioned Fire Dagger, you can also equip the Insect Crush to make this battle go faster, since the Tarantula is weak to both Insect and Fire damage.

Blaze also would have been good for this fight. "Would" being the operative term.

It begins...

The Tarantula has a 90% chance with its normal attack to inflict paralysis. In my case, it happened every time.

As with many games that aren't Pokemon, being paralyzed at the start of a turn puts you out of action entirely. Maxim will not be contributing for this turn.

Or, in fact, for more than half of this battle.

You see the problem with this fight, right? If you weren't prepared to deal with paralysis, your entire team can get locked down in short order and just beat on mercilessly.

Fortunately, characters have a small chance of breaking out of paralysis at the end of a turn. You shouldn't count on that though.

The Tarantula can also call spider cohorts that have a high chance of inflicting poison with their attacks. One last attack that it fortunately didn't use was Spiderweb, which absolutely tanks the speed of whoever gets hit by it.

Oh, and it has sky-high magic resistance, so Tia's main use for this fight is healing and status removal.

At least we have a spell for removing Poison too.

:ughh:

Well, at least there's that.

Oh wait, I forgot about this part.

Once its health gets low enough, the Tarantula starts healing itself. Because, you know, this battle wasn't tedious enough.

All the tools are there to negate the damage that the Tarantula levels at you and you have weapons to hit its weakness, but it's still obnoxious. Easily my least favorite fight in the entire game.

There's a 6% chance that you'll get the Spido Jewel which gives you the Spiderweb ability, but I'd just as soon be done with this fight.

: Was it broken in that battle?

: Wait a minute, Maxim. I thought ruby was a pretty strong gem. It can't be so easily broken!

: What's going on?

: I have no idea.

The answer to this mystery is actually just one room over.

: Why did you come to such a dangerous place? You don't appear to be an explorer or anything.

: I'm a glass craftsman. You see, I can't make a living just by making glass crafts. I really needed money during my trip and heard there was an enormous treasure in this cave. So I came here. But as you can see, I got caught. I guess I'm not cut out for treasure hunting. I'd love to give you something for saving me, but I have only this. Will you accept it?

: I found this lovely red glass during my trip. So I made this out of it just for fun. I made two and sold one in the city. You seem to know about this.

: You're kidding. Wait a second.

Uh...wouldn't you have seen it on your way by? I mean, if the Tarantula's MO was to jump people going for the apple...ah, forget it.

: This is the treasure you were talking about. The Ruby Apple!

: What!? Wait a minute. This is just glass, it's not ruby.

: When was it you sold that glass apple?

: At the start of my journey, a long time ago.

: I don't know how this apple got here, but it became THE treasure talk of the town.

: How's that possible? Jaffy, who did you sell this glass apple to?

Wait, how'd you learn his name? Nobody's mentioned it to this point.

: To a rich guy in Narcysus. He treated me great when I told him I ran the glass shop in Clamento. I've known other rich people, but this guy was nice, not like Rochy.

: In any case, we got the Ruby Apple. Let's go back and get the money from Rochy.

: But this isn't a ruby, it's just glass.

: Look at the apple closely. Can you tell the difference?

: Maxim! I never thought you would say such a thing.

: It's ok. If Rochy thinks it's a real ruby, then there's no problem, right? If he believes it's a real ruby, it means it's worth that much.

: Yeah! I can't wait to hear what he says when he takes a look at this!

: Yeah. Alright, let's go back to Clamento.

: I'll go back, too. Thanks for everything.

: Can you go back by yourself alright?

: Yes. And please take this apple.

I just hope that he never accidentally drops it.

: I'll go back to the village. Thanks.

And so will we, thanks to this handy new spell.

: Thank you so much. This is to show my appreciation. Please, take it.

: Oh my! Are you sure? This is a lot of money.

: Never mind, never mind. I don't hold back when it comes to quality! Ha! Ha! Ha!

: But that is...

: Tia.

Pay no attention to our entirely not-suspicious outburst.

: Well, we've got to go now.

: It just tells us how good Jaffy's work is, that's all.

: But...

: Don't worry about it. Let's go.

And by that, they mean go to the glass shop.

: Yes. I wanted to give you this.

: What? Money!?

: That's how much Rochy paid for your glass apple.

: Bu...but I gave you that apple. I can't except this.

: That's alright. This money belongs to you.

: Bu...but...

: If it makes you feel better, why not sell me this? The money will cover it, right?

: Maxim...thank you so much.

: Don't mention it. Well, we've got to go now.

: Well, yeah. By the way, here Tia. Take it.

: You're giving it to me?

: Well, I can't wear it!

: Thank you, Maxim. What a lovely thing to do!

By the way, the game does actually put one of the glass shop's wares into our inventory, because as I've mentioned before, the game loves to merge story with gameplay.

(I'm going to be feeding it to one of my CM's the next time they ask for it :ssh:)

: Yeah. But I don't know if coming with me will make her happy.

: Well...that's something she'll decide, isn't it?

: I guess. Hey, Tia. We're leaving soon.

Anyways, that's it for Clemento. Just one last thing to take care of.

Battle Knives, make my dog less cowardly.

Form of...

A winged...lion. Sure. Didn't do much for his GUT, but he's a lot stronger now. So...

Next Time: We make it to the land of Parcelyte, where our 4th party member waits. Also:

You know the deal. Five letters. Name my dog lion dragon whatever.

N.N. Ashe
Dec 29, 2009
Man missing these jewels is tugging at me pretty hard. Would you be able to do RNG manipulation for jewels mid battle? I know if you save state before a battle, you'll get different loot outcomes for bosses, but I don't think I ever tried save stating before the last hit to see if that could get some 'lucky' jewels early.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.

N.N. Ashe posted:

Man missing these jewels is tugging at me pretty hard. Would you be able to do RNG manipulation for jewels mid battle? I know if you save state before a battle, you'll get different loot outcomes for bosses, but I don't think I ever tried save stating before the last hit to see if that could get some 'lucky' jewels early.

Well, someone in the thread suggested that it was possible to influence loot drops up to the last turn, but I spent about 15 minutes doing as many different permutations of the last turn as possible with Camu and still got nothing, so I really don't know.

That said, the Spido Jewel might be worth trying for, since the Agility debuff from Spiderweb is very handy for some of the faster bosses we'll be encountering later.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Name the doggy Smaug.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Since it's going to end up as spoiled thing, we could name it YBURN.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
That's a good puppy :3

Call him Courage obviously.

N.N. Ashe
Dec 29, 2009
Oh and vote BENCH because the fire elemental is good for one thing - keeping the bench warm

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

ArchWizard posted:

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
name him Doug because that's what you call dogs

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

ArchWizard posted:

Going with this.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Courage would be absolutely perfect but alas, five-letter limits ruin everything.

So instead I'll just piggyback off of YBURN

Also I hate this boss I hate this boss sooooooo much :argh:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Name the doggy Smaug.

I just saw the film recently, so I have to second this.

But Courage would have been perfect if not for the character limit.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

ArchWizard posted:

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Another vote for YBURN.

I hated this boss so much when I first played this game, especially because I didn't know about the treasures in the tower. Easily the hardest boss in the game for me.

Smarms
Aug 27, 2008
Obviously he should be named Brave.

Man do I love this game.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Man I was going to vote for COURG the dog but YBURN is too good to ignore.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, this was a neat little town interlude. I kind of like how the eight or nine guys who secretly control everything aren't in evidence everywhere.

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

...It's the thought that counts, right?
Lufia 2 reinforcing that arachnophobia with one of the most difficult bosses in the game, while simultaneously showing how well-designed it was. It gives you all the tools you need to win that fight, sure, but a couple of unlucky turns and that battle goes south real fast, especially if the reinforcements are left unchecked.

Name the Armor Dog Jelze :downs:

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Name the doggy Smaug.

It's probably not gonna beat YBURN anymore, but add my vote to the Smaug tally.

In all honesty, I never really cared much for Blaze. The continuous running away made me switch back to Foomy after a couple of battles, and I never used him again.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
There are really only three capsule monsters worth consideration and YBURN here isn't one of them.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Another vote for Smaug!

Tarantula is annoying because while the game gives you all the tools to deal with his paralysis and poison he's still a giant slog because the only way to hit his fire weakness effectively is with a cowardly dog that will die/run away quickly or the Fire Dagger.
Thus if you don't have the Fire Dagger (Poison Shower will take care of Armor Dog one way or the other) the fight turns into a nasty battle of attrition where you'll likely lose to a bad string of paralysis. Tarantula smacking Maxim/Tia alternatively and getting no freebie paralysis cures is the main deciding factor in the fight, since you need multi-target healing on top of status healing. Items don't multi-target/multi-target well. (I forget which it is, items are more valuable as out of battle healing than in-battle 90% of the time.)

Oh yeah don't forget that you have jewelry that can cast Fake/Agi Up. It'll counteract Spiderweb nicely and the above scenario is especially likely if Tarantula get's his turns before the party, thus interrupting your paralysis cures by paralyzing that person.

The Spido Jewel isn't worth it. It's IP is Spiderweb. A cheap slow. There's really only one thing worth using it on before you can go into the Ancient Cave and thus get access to it again. Doing this run on the 4x Exp/Money mode is already going towards mitigating that one thing.
I got it honestly (redoing the entire battle from the save point on the cartridge) once and Tarantula is kind of a pain to fight over and over again for that low of a drop.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.

Eric the Mauve posted:

There are really only three capsule monsters worth consideration and YBURN here isn't one of them.

I used YBURN the last time through the game and while he runs away alot at lower forms, you can get him to form 3 pretty soon (or right now for the LPer) and he'll have enough brave to stick around long enough to land some heavy hits. Foomy is better for most boss fights though.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Voting for YBURN as well.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Eric the Mauve posted:

Nah, he has good damage so he's worth using for random encounters. It's just better to switch him out against bosses.

The n00b Avenger
Dec 21, 2014
Yeah, if I recall Blaze actually has the highest all enemy damage attack out of all the capsule monsters so he's no slouch. Fire also tends to hit a lot of weaknesses and his low guts tends to be less of a problem on his top tier form. Plus you get him extremely early which is a plus. I'd say he's definitely one of the capsule monsters worth using. Probably top 3.

I think the only ones I'd consider using over him is the Earth one and maybe the Light one depending on who I'm fighting. Neutral, Water, and Dark are the only ones that I'd probably never bother with(even though Dark can be kind of cool)

The n00b Avenger fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 13, 2015

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.

EponymousMrYar posted:

Items don't multi-target/multi-target well. (I forget which it is, items are more valuable as out of battle healing than in-battle 90% of the time.)

First one, actually. Items are single target only, but you CAN multi-target status recovery spells. Problem with that is, much like anything that isn't a buff, dividing the effect over multiple characters decreases its effectiveness. When you're targeting more than one character, status recovery spells can and probably will miss.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

N.N. Ashe posted:

Oh and vote BENCH because the fire elemental is good for one thing - keeping the bench warm

Everything that isn't the Light-elemental capsule monster is worthless, but I guess our friend the BENCH will at least keep the spot warm until then.

Charlett posted:

I never saw it as a forceful issue, I mean, why *wouldn't* Maxim want her along if she is capable in battle, which apparently she is? (she just needed some spells to make it work).

The amusing part is that Tia is by far the worst party member in the game statistically, with her only competition for the spot getting the advantage of a weapon that multi-targets. :ssh: This game does a lot to make Magic just as useful as physical attacks, but Tia's utility will quickly drop off as soon as she's not the only one filling the "spellcaster" niche in the party.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 13, 2015

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Name him BENCH because I always used him and I want to see what the other ones are like.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
When it comes to whether or not to bench our cowardly lion (wow, that fits better than I thought), I think I'll wait until after the next dungeon. We just got him, so I don't want to get rid of him just yet. At the very least, I'm going to get him to Class 3 and see if that makes him less prone to running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

ArchWizard posted:

• Locked thread