Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102297363

quote:

An AirAsia flight from the Indonesian city of Surabaya to Singapore lost contact with air traffic control on Sunday, Indonesian media said, citing a Transport Ministry official.

Transport Ministry official Hadi Mustofa said the aircraft, flight number QZ8501, lost contact with the Jakarta air traffic control tower at 6:17 a.m local time. (2317 GMT).

He said the plane had asked for an unusual route before it lost contact.

This story is developing. Please check back for further updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Russians probably shot it down.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
paging chinatown

Vacation Tenzin
Jan 23, 2005

I'M TOTALLY CALM AND RELAXED.
Is it preposterous to think a black hole caused this flight to go missing?

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
it was the russians is a mystery.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

thanks a lot obamaaaaaaa :argh:

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY
clearly the only explanation is that ISIS somehow shot it down

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

this is horrible news

for news networks not named cnn

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The CEO of AirAsia was last seen in his office with a perplexed expression while this song played

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Vertical Lime posted:

this is horrible news

for news networks not named cnn

i don't want to imagine the gallons of semen that is spontaneously ejaculated the moment cnn hears a plane may be missing

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Where is it?

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Alright I found the plane but I don't want to tell you all where it is, that would ruin the excitement.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

At this rate probably buried somewhere in the floodwaters of Malaysia atm

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Not a good year for Tony Fernandes.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
honestly anyone who decides to fly with them at this point deserves it

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Robo Reagan posted:

honestly anyone who decides to fly with them at this point deserves it
more like maydaysia

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Who the hell flies air asia on a flight longer than an hour? It's ryan air for even poorer countries.

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Torka posted:

more like maydaysia

holy poo poo

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Who the hell flies air asia on a flight longer than an hour? It's ryan air for even poorer countries.

I didn't know ryanair operates in Asia as well, but I just flew Ryanair a week ago and my experience with it is p. lovely in comparison with AirAsia (3 years ago).

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Torka posted:

more like maydaysia

:eyepop:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Torka posted:

more like maydaysia

:wow:

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Andrei Malaysia, you've lost another submarine airplane?

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012

Vacation Tenzin posted:

Is it preposterous to think a black hole caused this flight to go missing?

Ok, Fox Mulder.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

mucocele posted:

Ok, Fox Mulder.

no gently caress you it was Krycek

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012

gnarlyhotep posted:

no gently caress you it was Krycek

Duane Barry, IMO.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Jacob needs another set of candidates

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

AirAsia tweeted something on 12/26 saying "Take a dive, embrace nature"... guess the dream came true.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

mucocele posted:

Duane Barry, IMO.

Barry could barely get Scully to the top of a mountain, much less orchestrate an international fake plane crash

that has smoking man and Krycek written all over it

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
it's gone guys

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

gnarlyhotep posted:

Barry could barely get Scully to the top of a mountain, much less orchestrate an international fake plane crash

What about that jerk-off kid who could shoot lighting out of his body and have Jack Black a handy?

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012

gnarlyhotep posted:

God what a great show, I've just now started watching it.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
Ground floor

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Groundcontrol to Malaysia air,
Where did you go,
?

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
How many planes dissapeared in this region this year?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Bip Roberts posted:

What about that jerk-off kid who could shoot lighting out of his body and have Jack Black a handy?

they were in someplace like Michigan, so who cares

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
It's kind of hosed up that the first thing I thought of when I heard about this is what Chinatown's take on it would be

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Bad news guys

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/holidays-thrown-into-chaos-after-airasia-cancels-direct-bali-flights-20141227-12eac5.html

quote:

Holidaymakers have had travel plans thrown into disarray after budget airline AirAsia X cancelled direct flights from Melbourne to Bali with only days' notice.

The Malaysian budget airline was forced to cancel the flights after it failed to gain approval for the new route, which was due to start on December 26, from Australian and Indonesian aviation authorities.

This is despite the airline advertising and taking bookings for the direct flight as recently as this month.

Advertisement

Passengers received text messages on Christmas Day notifying them that flights from Boxing Day onwards had been cancelled and they would instead be flown to Bali via Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, on a later flight.

The new route stretches a six-hour journey out to 13 hours and some travellers will arrive a day later than expected, leaving pre-booked accommodation wasted and forcing some to miss family weddings.

This is an outrage :argh:

quote:

"Thankyou for wrecking our family Christmas and my daughters wedding (sic)," Julie Chumbley wrote.

"My daughter is due to be married on the 28th dec 2014 in bali and my daughter in law is a bridesmade and my son is walking her down the isle.

"This was until you changed my daughter in laws and sons Direct flight from the 27th dec 2014 to leave on the 28th dec with a stop over in kuala lumpa in which they will miss the whole wedding!!"

Another passenger, Melissa Cook, posted: "It's 1.45am, Xmas morning & I've just received a text advising that my direct flight tomorrow morning (26/12) has been cancelled!!!!

"Advertising was fierce for sucking Australian consumers into thinking that you would really be flying Melbourne to Bali direct from 26/12!"

Passengers do not yet know if return flights will go direct to Melbourne or via Kuala Lumpur.

An AirAsia X spokesman said the flights were diverted because of "an unforeseen delay in the approval process for necessary documentation."

Thanks for ruining Christmas :mad:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

:wom::lost::wom:

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone who flies, dies. Rip in peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snodig
Oct 5, 2014