Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

dog kisser posted:

Nah, now I feel bad for pressuring you! I just like entering contests and seeing what people think of my entries. There's certainly no rush - life comes first, always.

No, it's fine. Honestly, I actually did need the reminder. I've had enough time to get back into things, even though I'm not 100% over what happened. I have a lot of free time after midterms so it isn't an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Even though this is a jerk move, I figured I'd give it a last try! Any news?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Yeah, sorry. I've been meaning to write this for a while.

So, without further ado, the winner of this contest was:

Whybird with Waystation Paradiso

To elaborate further, I was torn a bit between Waystation Paradiso and Sundown Run. Both were very interesting titles. I went back and forth quite a bit on who to award. Eventually, I settled on Waystation Paradiso for taking more advantage of the medium and minimizing rolling. I also liked how the Tag and Mission system worked. They seemed like they would flow well and were kind of clever of accomplishing a game around managing a space station. I really liked Sundown Run as well -- especially the mobility mechanic encouraging people to participate in a timely manner --, but I eventually leaned back to Waystation Paradiso.

As for the other contestants, Kuiper Crisis wasn't in a finished enough state to fully understand the game and APRPG was a virtual tabletop program, not a pbp gaming system.

So, congratulations to all of you producing interesting content. It's not easy to sit down for a month and make a game by that time. I know that for a fact.

As for the extreme lateness in this judgement, I must apologize. I really have nothing more to say on the matter other than I'm sorry.

With that out of the way, Whybird, I need your DTRPG account to forward your prize.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Congrats to Whybird! This contest was super fun - I hope you run more in the future!

• Locked thread