Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
d0s
Jun 28, 2004

anywhere that does not immediately ban you for pedophilia for admitting to liking akira is a hugbox

-guy with a star trek avatar :aatrek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
a lesser known fact is that the word anime is japanese and it's (rough) translation is "a thinly veiled homage to pedophilia"

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Police Automaton posted:

a lesser known fact is that the word anime is japanese and it's (rough) translation is "a thinly veiled homage to pedophilia"

this is actually true though

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Quickscope420dad posted:

whats this oh Smoobles made a thread in GBS better have a serious fuckin anime discussion in it yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Relatively normal goons on the first page: Anime is for loving pedos these kids all hitch up their fat rolls and jerk off to child rape

Autistic dumbass who thinks it's a secret: Indubitably, I filibuster that my argumentarics are moving the conservation along, also Batman cartoons are for adulticationals

Guy with avatar of 7-year-old in 'rape me' position: People like the cartoons because they're 'expressive' they are basically Animaniacs

:smoobles: :smoobles: :smoobles: :stare: :stare: :stare: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
who hasn't masturbated to Futurama

Amy and Mom are hella hot

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Ein cooler Typ posted:

who hasn't masturbated to Futurama

Amy and Mom are hella hot

No, dont do that.

:ohdear:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anime is good

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tujague posted:

Guy with avatar of 7-year-old in 'rape me' position: People like the cartoons because they're 'expressive' they are basically Animaniacs

show me the person with that avatar and i'll change it

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
The appeal of anime is that as a storytelling medium it's comparatively low budget and easier to make particularly with respect to stuff like supernatural plots and characters. If you think about it the vast majority of live action stuff on TV is just reality, sitcoms, dramas, police action, etc because those are cheap to make. Anime lets you branch out more readily into stuff that would otherwise require a huge cg budget.

It gets a bad wrap because a lot of it is made for children so people associate it with juvenile interests, and because it honestly does cater to spergy shutins. The over the top facial expressions complete with visual gags like heart eyes or sweatdrops or whatever is easy for borderline autistic people to pick up and so those people are attracted to it over live action and they make up the majority of the fanbase so they're the ones the creators cater to.

There is nothing inherent about anime as a medium that prevents it from having a more adult focused story (and there are plenty examples of this like Monster) but there's just not much money in doing that so these kinds of series are few and far between.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
idk why people find it surprising that a lot of goons like anime when things like KLK and Attack on Titan are very popular in general nerd culture.

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

The appeal of anime is that as a storytelling medium it's comparatively low budget and easier to make particularly with respect to stuff like supernatural plots and characters. If you think about it the vast majority of live action stuff on TV is just reality, sitcoms, dramas, police action, etc because those are cheap to make. Anime lets you branch out more readily into stuff that would otherwise require a huge cg budget.

It gets a bad wrap because a lot of it is made for children so people associate it with juvenile interests, and because it honestly does cater to spergy shutins. The over the top facial expressions complete with visual gags like heart eyes or sweatdrops or whatever is easy for borderline autistic people to pick up and so those people are attracted to it over live action and they make up the majority of the fanbase so they're the ones the creators cater to.

There is nothing inherent about anime as a medium that prevents it from having a more adult focused story (and there are plenty examples of this like Monster) but there's just not much money in doing that so these kinds of series are few and far between.

this is a really good explanation dude :)
that's not gbs irony or w/e, i genuinely feel like i know more about things because you took the time to type out that explanation.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

forbidden lesbian posted:

Well then I guess the sexy kiddie picture in question is already in the Official GBS Casual Pedo Safe Zone

Good thing, too, I'd hate to think that an SA user advertising their sexual interest in children would have to suffer their avatar being *brutally changed*

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anime hate has gotten so old and tired as a trolling tactic.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Alexzandvar posted:

he said, on page 5 of the anime hate troll thread

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Alexzandvar posted:

Oppa gangnam style

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Goons are coming up with new interests to be made fun of every week, falling back on the "well you like anime, nerd" shtick is just so passe

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Alexzandvar posted:

Goons are coming up with new interests to be made fun of every week, falling back on the "well you like anime, nerd" shtick is just so passe

spoken like a true anime nerd imo

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Quickscope420dad posted:

spoken like a true anime nerd imo

Guilty as charged

Frisky
Apr 2, 2012

What turtle?
Anime used to be good, emotional and had a positive message. However, anime today is a poo poo and 99% of it is about some high schoolers fighting monsters in skimpy bikini.

example of a good ol' anime:

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Frisky posted:

Anime used to be good, emotional and had a positive message. However, anime today is a poo poo and 99% of it is about some high schoolers fighting monsters in skimpy bikini.

That looks fun. I like the shoulder pirate pet.

5/10, Might watch

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

stylin'
I'll have what they're wearing (except Nui)

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Moe is the cancer killing anime

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tujague posted:

Well then I guess the sexy kiddie picture in question is already in the Official GBS Casual Pedo Safe Zone

Good thing, too, I'd hate to think that an SA user advertising their sexual interest in children would have to suffer their avatar being *brutally changed*

fine then, show me the user on this website with a 7 year old in a "rape me" pose, so i can ban them then

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Frisky posted:

lol no this is good old anime

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

fine then, show me the user on this website with a 7 year old in a "rape me" pose, so i can ban them then
Tujague can't see children in any context besides sexual and it's probably just a ruse to get you to look through this thread so he can crudely "prove" a "point" about anime fans being degenerates or whatever.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Child rape?

More like me unbookmarking this thread.

:gonk:

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Animees avatar mod: I checked, and all the animees avatars are over 18, especially the sexy ones prove me wrong plus I totally meant I was going to ban them for any hint of casual pedophilia

You're right, animees avatar mod. Case closed I'll drop all charges before they reach the grand jury no harm no foul

A stirring victory for all goons

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Tujague posted:

Animees avatar mod: I checked, and all the animees avatars are over 18, especially the sexy ones prove me wrong plus I totally meant I was going to ban them for any hint of casual pedophilia

You're right, animees avatar mod. Case closed I'll drop all charges before they reach the grand jury no harm no foul

You're full of poo poo you fuckwit

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tujague posted:

so you're being a disenginous poo poo then?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
For the record the girl in my avatar is in fact, 18 at the time of the show.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
Nice... what was his name?

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Some anime is really good, a lot of anime is really bad, and all of it has campy, annoying tropes. But the best anime is good enough to be worth putting up with the campyness. And anyone who still thinks otherwise in tyool 2014 is an unfunny retard stuck in 1999.

As for the anime in gbs it's about as overused and unfunny as imgay and cuck. Good things come in moderation.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
anime is when horny 1000 year old demons have bodies of 7 year old girls and child protective service cant be everywhere at once

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

so you're being a disenginous poo poo then?

Maybe a little, but if we're really going to sort out who's being disingenuous around here, wouldn't we need to check certain people's hard drives for well-worn videos of cartoon eight-year-olds getting sexually penetrated by tentacles? I mean, that's what we're really talking about, right?

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
when summer wars premiered on adult swim or toonami or whatever a whole bucnh of other goons watched it and loved it and i correctly thought that it was contrived maudlin garbage and then i watched it like a year later on tv and i forced myself to watch the whole thing and im just really upset that that satellite didnt crash into the house and kill them all

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
* rapes a child * look at what you made me do, you anime fuckers. this is your fault. Moddssssssssssss

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Why is it that the goons most outspoken against anime are always the gooniest goons themselves? "What you said you'll ban the guy who has pedophilia in his AV? Well actually I was just completely making it up and will now get weirdly defensive about it"

It's like they're just desperate for someone, anyone, to look down on, but even if you slap stilts on a corgi it doesn't make for much of a high horse.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's one of those things were people will latch onto something they think they can act elitist about or look down on others for while knowing nothing about the actual subject matter at hand.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

technically mine but I think casillas was 31

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dadrips
Jan 8, 2010

everything you do is a balloon
College Slice
Animes are organic compounds and functional groups that contain a basic nitrogen atom with a lone pair. Animes are derivatives of ammonia, wherein one or more hydrogen atoms have been replaced by a substituent such as an alkyl or aryl group. (These may respectively be called alkylanimes and arylanimes; animes in which both types of substituent are attached to one nitrogen atom may be called alkylarylanimes.)

kawaii

• Locked thread