Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

The Puppy Bowl posted:

If Gase goes to Jacksonville is there any retread left that doesn't have a pants-shittingly bad track record as OC?
Both Marrone and Olson are former OCs (Olson was the Raiders OC this year) with track records that aren't Schottenheimer-level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Chilichimp posted:

Brian Schottehahahahahaha, I can't even type it.

He already signed with UGA anyway.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

JT Jag posted:

Both Marrone and Olson are former OCs (Olson was the Raiders OC this year) with track records that aren't Schottenheimer-level.

I'm not a big fan of what I'm hearing about Marron following his departure from Buffalo and as you say Olson was the Raiders OC. I know he didn't have much to work with but that still doesn't look too impressive.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

waah posted:

Uh, what about Doug Marrone? If he is going from head coach to the best he can do is Oline coach, isnt that the kiss of death for him?

Nah, if he really wants to be a coach again he can go to college for a few years and jump right back up.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

WHOOPS posted:

Well the Rams requested an interview with Chudzinski so maybe him?

Rob, please come back to Carolina :smith:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

JT Jag posted:

Unconfirmed reports say that after an exhaustive several weeks of interviewing offensive candidates, the Jaguars are seeking to hire Adam Gase as their offensive coordinator.

And Doug Marrone as an offensive line coach, and Greg Olson as a quarterbacks coach.

:stare:
Remember this dumb stupid crazy rumor I posted?

Marrone has already signed on as the Jaguars offensive line coach. He may have been a lovely head coach but Peter Principle and all, I can't help but be pretty stoked for him working on the Jaguars line, even if he's probably a rental

If they get Gase and Olson too then wowza. Gase is interviewing with the Ravens today so who knows.

UPDATE: Seems the Ravens have hired Marc Trestman to be their offensive coordinator. I wonder if Gase even got into the facility. Gase looks like he might end up in Jacksonville. If Gase, Marrone and Olson, each of them offensive coordinators or head coaches as recently as last season, end up in Jax those are one hell of a group of hirings. Gus Bradley is a defensive head coach, of course, so that would bring in a ton of offensive gameplanning, coaching and playcalling experience to compensate.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 20, 2015

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
So the Steelers signed Isaac Lewis, a guy who was cut from the Bengals last year and has been spending his time working at a UPS. Guess he can't do any worse than the safeties we have!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

JT Jag posted:

Remember this dumb stupid crazy rumor I posted?

Marrone has already signed on as the Jaguars offensive line coach. He may have been a lovely head coach but Peter Principle and all, I can't help but be pretty stoked for him working on the Jaguars line, even if he's probably a rental

If they get Gase and Olson too then wowza. Gase is interviewing with the Ravens today so who knows.

UPDATE: Seems the Ravens have hired Marc Trestman to be their offensive coordinator. I wonder if Gase even got into the facility. Gase looks like he might end up in Jacksonville. If Gase, Marrone and Olson, each of them offensive coordinators or head coaches as recently as last season, end up in Jax those are one hell of a group of hirings. Gus Bradley is a defensive head coach, of course, so that would bring in a ton of offensive gameplanning, coaching and playcalling experience to compensate.

Contemplate Buddah Up A Light Pole bro. Hope and cheer are entering your cold teal heart.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The NFL is being sued for $88 billion for overturning the Dez Bryant catch

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2015/01/finally-a-federal-lawsuit-over-the-dez-bryant-catch-against-green-bay-that-wasnt.html/

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

This suit rules

Praise Jesus

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

And not just sued by anyone, but an inmate from Colorado! Surely this will go far.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

The guy actually says the "Sovereign Republic of Texas" in the letter.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

So Grigson revealed today that Trent Richardson was actually suspended for 2 games, and the Denver game was game 1 of that. The first game of next season would be game 2 in a theoretical world in which he was still on the team and I had killed myself. It has been mentioned that his contract has strong voiding language in it and it's possible that the Colts may void the final year of his contract, so they wouldn't owe him anything next year. We don't even know the suspension reason yet, I'm going to laugh if it is total bullshit in an effort to void the contract.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
If he actually did have a family emergency they probably suspended him for missing practice/the plane.

In which case the family emergency is going to lead directly to them voiding his contract for cause and cutting him without consequence, for missing a game that he was never going to get meaningful snaps in.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Raku posted:

If he actually did have a family emergency they probably suspended him for missing practice/the plane.

In which case the family emergency is going to lead directly to them voiding his contract for cause and cutting him without consequence, for missing a game that he was never going to get meaningful snaps in.

Edit: Actually yeah the title game was the suspension and Broncos game was just a healthy scratch. Of course after the Broncos game he declared it would "never happen again", so who knows what went on behind the scene.

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 24, 2015

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Trent Richardson's family emergency was that he needed his family to come help him out of bed

but as soon as they got close to him he fell right back down

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

Edit: Actually yeah the title game was the suspension and Broncos game was just a healthy scratch. Of course after the Broncos game he declared it would "never happen again", so who knows what went on behind the scene.

He was probably right in that he will never be a healthy scratch against the Broncos as a Colt again

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

football fuckerman posted:

Trent Richardson's family emergency was that he needed his family to come help him out of bed

but as soon as they got close to him he fell right back down

Nah, his bed was sucked into a sink hole in the night and he was just floating in mid-air, unable to go through the hole, but unable to get to the side.

His precise words to his mom were, "You gotta come help me with some Ghostbuster poo poo I'm goin' though!"

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Further I sayeth naught!

This is fantastic. I only wish it could have happened to a team I hate, the Cowboys fans on here are mostly pretty chill and awesome.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Suspect Bucket posted:

Contemplate Buddah Up A Light Pole bro. Hope and cheer are entering your cold teal heart.

Or the guy from Watchmen

Ostentatious posted:

The guy actually says the "Sovereign Republic of Texas" in the letter.

a.k.a. the good old days :allears:

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
FireDarellBevell.FireDarellBevell.FireDarellBevell.FireDarellBevell.FireDarellBevell.FireDarellBevell.FireDarellBevell.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So how utterly, elementally pissed off are you if you're Marshawn Lynch right now?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Biscuits and gravy.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
WHY WOULDN'T YOU RUN IT!?

Also, Lynch congrats and coming to Oakland next year.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

So how utterly, elementally pissed off are you if you're Marshawn Lynch right now?

I would be like that maniac in the Ace Ventura Pet Detective movie. Seriously they made up some wacky scenario for how the Dolphins lost a Superbowl in that and this was pretty much on that level. It was the kind of thing you couldn't even really script.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Prozach posted:

FireDarellBevell.FireDarellBevell.FireDarellBevell.FireDarellBevell.FireDarellBevell.FireDarellBevell.FireDarellBevell.

Darrell loving Bevell

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Yeah, he lost the Super Bowl, but he also just guaranteed that the Hawks give him that fat contract and maybe ditch Bevell for a coordinator who isn't so eager to get cutesy. (You know his trait through Greg Roman)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

We are now in the offseason, this thread has no purpose. Post there

• Locked thread