Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psychlone
Sep 3, 2004

It's never straight up and down!
Time for the annual look back at the ring WARRIAHS we lost this year:

Mae Young
George Scott
Nelson Frazier Jr. (aka Viscera, Big Daddy V)
Billy Robinson
Jim WARRIAH Hellwig
Lee Marshall
Ken Lucas
Sean O'Haire
Ox Baker
Bob Geigel
Jimmy Del Ray
Ryback's workrate

And RIP to Total Nonstop Action. You died much to late...

Here's the WARRIAH's infamous promo from Wrestlemania 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXNvusFPsBQ

What are your favourite memories of these wrestlers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Most people remember Mae Young for the hand, or for Bubba Ray powerbombing her through a table. I'll always remember her for showing up on a show where LayCool mocked her, and she responded by declaring that she would be more than happy to fight "you sluts and bitches" and teach them a lesson.

Miss ya, Mae :shobon:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I actually met Ox Baker for a few minuets at the PWA Anniversary show. He seemed like a cool dude. Josef Von Schmidt and him were close. He even has a little memorial to him at the school.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I miss Big Daddy V every day.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Most people remember Mae Young for the hand, or for Bubba Ray powerbombing her through a table. I'll always remember her for showing up on a show where LayCool mocked her, and she responded by declaring that she would be more than happy to fight "you sluts and bitches" and teach them a lesson.

Miss ya, Mae :shobon:

2011 or so, right? Meant that WWE got to talk up her having had matches in I think eight different decades.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Xerzes posted:

2011 or so, right? Meant that WWE got to talk up her having had matches in I think eight different decades.

Which of course wasn't true.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Which of course wasn't true.

I know Dave said the pre-war debut date was bullshit invented mostly for that sort of statistic, but didn't she legit start in the '40s? Still drat impressive.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Thauros posted:

I know Dave said the pre-war debut date was bullshit invented mostly for that sort of statistic, but didn't she legit start in the '40s? Still drat impressive.

She started in 41 so her final match was 70 years after her debut. It's a cool number as silly as it is.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Chris Benoit for WWE HOF 2015 please rt

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Viscera was my favorite WWF wrestler growing up.

RIP :(

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Not mentioned but Stewart Allen, UK podcaster and commentator died this year. Total all around good guy and hard worker. Will totally miss him.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I hope Big Daddy V and Umaga are a tag team in heaven.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I'd rather celebrate who we gained in 2014.

Some babies were born this year and they'll grow up to be wrestlers we like or don't like in 20-30 years. Godspeed you idiot babies.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Atticus Finch posted:

Some babies were born this year and they'll grow up to be wrestlers we like or don't like in 20-30 years. Godspeed you idiot babies.

But enough about the future of TNA.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Chris Benoit for WWE HOF 2015 please rt

Chris Benoit isn't in the HOF and I don't know how to accept that.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

MassRafTer posted:

She started in 41 so her final match was 70 years after her debut. It's a cool number as silly as it is.

Which means presumably she wrestled in the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, and 10s, 8 different decades. Everyone's right!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rest in peace Lee Marshall you're crashing that big Nitro Party in the sky now

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Rip Charles Mask Lewis

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Atticus Finch posted:

Lazy post-post-millennials not reaching for the brass rings...

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

This is a company that had the 25th anniversary of Wrestlemania 24 years after Wrestlemania 1.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Didn't a Bella die in he womb this year?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Didn't a Bella die in he womb this year?

No, Nikki just wishes YOU died in the womb.

Coffee Wolf
Oct 12, 2007

Mmmmm Banana
My favorite memory(ies) is Ox Baker having breakfast at McDonalds at the same time I took my lunch break, multiple times (gently caress ever starting work at 3am again) Never wanted to bother him and his wife, though.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Big Daddy five was the best big daddy of them all

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

DEAR RICHARD posted:

He was truly the Biggest of Daddies.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Sorry that is Big Daddy Yum Yum who improved after just one match in Japan.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

MassRafTer posted:

Sorry that is Big Daddy Yum Yum who improved after just one match in Japan.

He has definitely improved after just one match but he is not a bigger daddy than the big man, Big Daddy V. At least not yet but I am willing to give him time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I had Mae Young in my death pool because I figured it was her time and she did not disappoint

• Locked thread