Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!
I just don't understand why they can only let us color like 1/10 of the part. Just let us color the whole fuckng thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fresh Heir
Aug 11, 2002

I'm a breath of motherfuckin...
Have you notice that switching weapons mid-duel will always get you killed? Seems that switching takes just a fraction longer than it should.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Fresh Heir posted:

Have you notice that switching weapons mid-duel will always get you killed? Seems that switching takes just a fraction longer than it should.

Yes. I wish I liked this game more than I currently do. It just feels a bit weird to me.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Fresh Heir posted:

Yeah definitely found this myself. Feels just a little too slow. Its a beta though so these are the kind of variables that they should be playing with.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Fresh Heir posted:

It's definitely slowed down. Switching from snipe to BR takes much longer now.

Not sure how I feel about it. Still quicker than reloading but it's a tough call at times.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
The forge tileset really obviously isn't finished yet, that flat grey colouring is generally the default for untextured stuff in general development. The global illumination makes it look better than it has every right to be. The lighting is really nice.

No textures just a flat grey. It's not going to look like that in the end result.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 6, 2015

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

I'd like to believe you, but the forge pallet has continually been disappointing. I have no hope this will be any better at letting us make maps that don't feel the same and look like poo.

But hey no one cares about how aesthetic a map is right? RIGHT?!

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
I'll just be happy if forge maps don't run at 10fps in split screen

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

I'll just be happy if forge maps don't run at 10fps in split screen
Split Screeners are the bane of forgers

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
Generally having fun in the beta, but man, they need less blue maps with blue glow.
Playing on Red Team is rough.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

empathe posted:

Generally having fun in the beta, but man, they need less blue maps with blue glow.
Playing on Red Team is rough.

Seriously. After the whole discussion on Lockout H2A being not blue because it was hard to see, they make all the maps have a blue tint? Shits ridiculous. I play on a monitor so I can see relatively well, but it's a definite advantage to be blue

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

God drat I forgot what an intense adrenaline rush you get from this game

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Yeah i know right, getting 7 peeps in a game and then waiting for the 8th so it actually starts.

nailbiting.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Maybe for like the first day it was like that. But hey let's continue being lovely.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

MickRaider posted:

Maybe for like the first day it was like that. But hey let's continue being lovely.

Laserface has been burned by the state of MCC, there's no coming back for him.

I installed the beta last night, going to give it a go tonight. I'll post my matchmaking impressions in here!

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

There's an annoying bug where if you get a full match and someone leaves it can cause it to search for a while. I think it will eventually correct itself. But it's quicker to just use the party > leave > multiplayer

I'm hoping that's just a bug in the beta and they'll sort it out by the real game but their track record isn't too hot right now.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

I really hope we get CTF in this beta. I kinda doubt it though.

I also really hope they fix the "Flag taken flag dropped Flag taken flag dropped Flag taken flag dropped Flag taken flag dropped" nonsense with flag juggling (which I'm sure is returning)

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I've played about 6 matches now. Getting so badly beaten, it hurts.

What control method is the best? I'm using the default at the moment and it seems OK.

Matchmaking's a little slow but no big issues so far.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

I've just been using Default. Destiny and borderlands has ruined me.

Bumper Jumper is probably best, though moving sprint really threw me off.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

MickRaider posted:

I've just been using Default. Destiny and borderlands has ruined me.

Bumper Jumper is probably best, though moving sprint really threw me off.

Is the shoulder barge the same as in destiny ie. you sprint for a while and then your melee will change into the barge?

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Crafty posted:

Is the shoulder barge the same as in destiny ie. you sprint for a while and then your melee will change into the barge?

Yeah though it doesn't take as long to charge up, doesn't indicate when it's charged, and a lot harder to make contact.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

MickRaider posted:

Yeah though it doesn't take as long to charge up, doesn't indicate when it's charged, and a lot harder to make contact.

It sucks too, every time I've got the jump on someone with a charge I end up losing the duel anyway because of the recovery time after it.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Yeah it's really punishing to use. They need to reduce the cooldown time on it a little.

Though honestly there's so many nerfs to sprinting it's a real feat to use sprinting and not leave yourself vulnerable.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

It does show swooshing white lines on the edge of the screen when your "Spartan Charge" (according to the death screen, lol) is ready.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Ok so it's basically exactly the same. Far less annoying lines than in destiny though. Blocked like half the freaking screen when you sprinted

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
There's some good verticality in the maps. Everyone mentioned it already but loving hell it's hard to see the blue team on that dark map. I couldn't find anyway to alter the brightness either, not included in the beta?

Been trying to groundpound someone with no success, seems pretty tricky.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Yeah I don't think there's a way to adjust brightness. Maybe the console has some settings? Also try adjusting your TV's brightness.

Probably the worst part of the beta is all the loving blue.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

MickRaider posted:

Yeah I don't think there's a way to adjust brightness. Maybe the console has some settings? Also try adjusting your TV's brightness.

Probably the worst part of the beta is all the loving blue.

I'm pretty sure there's no way on the console. I'll just deal with it, it's only annoying on that one map with the blue team.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
If they're not going to use other colors on the maps, they could at least make it so all your allies are always blue and your enemies are always red, rather than having "team colors".

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

I miss Quake 3's "Turn all enemies into the Bright green dude" feature

But yeah, loving remove blue tint from all maps. Eden is almost unplayable

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Zaphod42 posted:

If they're not going to use other colors on the maps, they could at least make it so all your allies are always blue and your enemies are always red, rather than having "team colors".

Yeah, cg_forcecolor 1 like good ole quake 3.

Just had one quick game of slayer while I had the TV for 20 minutes and it was really god damned close. Kept getting the lead then losing the lead, then getting it back.

We ended up tied with 49 each, sudden death. I saw two scrubs gathered in perfect grenade throwing distance so I launch a couple of pineapples right at their dumb feet

"relax boys, craftys got this" :clint:

http://xboxclips.com/CryBabyGeeks/1c44fea7-590b-497d-9b29-a6390757eefc

:(

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

:lol: oh man that sucks

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
When other people try to play this how often does the matchmaking screen start blinking and then refuse to find/join matches? For me it's maybe every 4th time I play it. Really annoying having to hard reset my Xbox that much.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

That's never happened to me. Usually it will crash out to the lobby

Have you tried the Start a party > leave > multiplayer to drop back to the menu if it happens

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

It sucks that this game is Cool and Fun [like the MCC] and will be brought to its knees because the matchmaking will be so bad that nobody can actually get to the cool and fun gameplay stuff.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

From what I've heard it's still significantly better than MCC. If it's not flawless at launch though it might as well just not work.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I played this last night and it was fun. Mick Raider is a junkie who just wants one more game, one more game, one....more.....game? Should have played another and lost on purpose to gently caress with you.

Bugs and matchmaking issues aside, this game is really fun to play. The core gun play and movement is much improved from Halo 4 and feels more like Halo 2/3 to me. A little faster of course. The vertical sensitivity seems a bit sticky compared to the horizontal, and the BR spread is a lot tighter, but I think they can be tweaked before release. The lighting is absolutely awful though. I don't know how the hell they thought that was good. I was looking across top mid on the covie map and couldn't even see players near the far wall. It was as if they had a camo or something. I was just shooting in the dark hoping to make a shield flash. The little floor accent light things on Eden are bad too. Trying to snipe from Red Base corner to blue base-outside corner puts a spotlight in your face. Stupid. Leave the poo poo like in the campaign.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Booties posted:

I played this last night and it was fun. Mick Raider is a junkie who just wants one more game, one more game, one....more.....game? Should have played another and lost on purpose to gently caress with you.
That's especially funny coming from Mr. "I wish I was playing destiny right now, oh man my friends are raiding right now, I wish I was playing destiny right now"

I'm usually not that bad but was playing hot last night and got right to the edge of getting to Onyx.

I should have just stayed in and played with all the scrubs you brought in. Still don't understand how it ranked you Iron.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
I'll be on tonight to play the two new Forge maps if anyone wants to join me sometime after 6 PM EST.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

MickRaider posted:

That's especially funny coming from Mr. "I wish I was playing destiny right now, oh man my friends are raiding right now, I wish I was playing destiny right now"

I'm usually not that bad but was playing hot last night and got right to the edge of getting to Onyx.

I should have just stayed in and played with all the scrubs you brought in. Still don't understand how it ranked you Iron.

Isn't it based on number of games played? I've played like 20-30 matches.

• Locked thread