Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Laserface posted:

from the sneak peak I got last week at this game I am not looking forward to it. perhaps the full beta (I cant believe thats actually a loving thing I have to say) will be better.

LLJKSiLk posted:

Impressions? Seems an awful lot like the same mechanics in COD:AW. How close do they play?

No negative opinions please we all know everyone on the forums hates Halo and the only true superfan with real Halo credibility is MickRaider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

hanyolo posted:

LOL the avatar does suit you, are we up to 4 xbox related threads that you post in now? You really need a hobby :laugh:

A thread where nobody is allowed to poo poo on something they dislike because of forums superstar MickRaider's Halo e-cred is even more useless than our circlejerks over what an awful console the bone is.

Ive said previously a decent Halo 5 could sell me a bone, sorry for wanting to research before a potential purchase?

I know the boner way is to just dive headfirst into whatever bullshit gets put infront of you in sickly green and black packaging but please try to understand that the rest of the world doesn't work like that.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 29, 2014

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

first impressions (3 matches): i don't like it. halo 4 is better than this game will ever be.

Any particular reasons?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

Reach is the best Halo.

The online wasn't as good as 3 tho. Easy to forgive when the campaign was the best one.

My 360 died before I finished with Reach's singleplayer, I feel like I missed out.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

This is a beta though.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I've watched a couple of streams and I get the complaints about the voiceovers.

TTK seems a lot shorter than I remember halo 2 and 3 being or am I just old and/or watching people mostly mow down idiots?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tried this out on a friend's bone. The kill cam is pretty pointless and should only be triggered when you get sniped or something, TTK seems fine in motion so I guess it was just the streams throwing me off.

Lots of matchmaking issues though, only got 3 games in in like an hour and change with a couple of hard resets for luck. But then it's a beta so you can't really complain about that.

If they add in some kind of bro-talk reduction slider/toggle and mutators to allow custom weapon placement on maps without the announcements yelling about it then I'll probably pick up a bone+game bundle after it launches.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Make high fives more forceful whilst using ADS.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Next patch notes to reveal halo 5's new direction as a dubstep rhythm action game, MickRaider to declare that anyone who doesn't think that's dandy is just jumping on the hipster halo hater bandwagon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MickRaider posted:

This new super mario brothers doesn't feel like the original mario brothers. Why can't they make a fun game that feels like mario.

Said nobody, ever, because a third rate studio has never poo poo out a terrible shell of its former self mario game.

• Locked thread