Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

this one time i lived in aquarium but then i caught fin rot and died

please share your story of max bettaness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
I was once planning out a 55 gallon freshwater planted tank, and I was going to have about 15 or so female bettas as the main fish. Just something I never saw done before. I was going to try to use only freshwater plants that grow in Thailand and surrounding areas.

Traditionally females are much more drab than males but I have noticed in recent years they seem to be being bred much more colorful, but still smaller and lacking the super long fins. I was going to try to have all blue ones.

:\

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I've always seen them at area pet stores, and walked by them to get to the more exotic and interesting fish.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I don't really eat feta cheese that often

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
We are all condemned to the life of a tiny insignificant fish in a tiny insignificant fish tank. Instead of four glazed walls we are limited by our perceptions. This is the only trivial difference namaste

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
i dont understand this thread

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

i dont understand this thread

Just bouncing off the transparent walls what's over there? Nothing. What's over here? Nothing still.

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

mookface posted:

Just bouncing off the transparent walls what's over there? Nothing. What's over here? Nothing still.

But it looks like everything out there....sigh

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I am so angry at that other betta in the mirror. I'm not even kidding. Just let me at him.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Halah posted:

But it looks like everything out there....sigh

Oh its all out there but its out of your grasp. A dimension so foreign and absurd it can hardly be said to exist at all. Keep tapping the glass

Tap tap

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Every time I try to keep neon tetras they end up getting stuck to the filter intake.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

My friend was pulling my bettas out of their aquarium and swallowing them whole in a drug fueled fantasy that he would get in the guinness book of world records. I really wanted to stop him but he said "Why do you gotta be such a bitch?" and I couldn't make eye contact after that.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

dog buttz posted:

My friend was pulling my bettas out of their aquarium and swallowing them whole in a drug fueled fantasy that he would get in the guinness book of world records. I really wanted to stop him but he said "Why do you gotta be such a bitch?" and I couldn't make eye contact after that.

lol

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.
I made crunchy noises when I noshed my floating Betta pellets but then the power went out for a week and I died of cold after nearly three years of bad-assery. **flares fins and drops the mic**

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

mookface posted:

Oh its all out there but its out of your grasp. A dimension so foreign and absurd it can hardly be said to exist at all. Keep tapping the glass

Tap tap

haha your owner is too poor to stick anything besides rocks in your aquarium

i got a loving castle to swim in and out of all day

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
in highschool i had the shyness so bad my legs kicked out from under me if a girl i really like walked near me. i could usually lean against the wall to support myself but one time i was waiting in line and just dropped on my rear end like i was in a warzone or something.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

afeelgoodpoop posted:

in highschool i had the shyness so bad my legs kicked out from under me if a girl i really like walked near me. i could usually lean against the wall to support myself but one time i was waiting in line and just dropped on my rear end like i was in a warzone or something.
whats this have to do with fish

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
ya i posted in the wrong tab, all my cred lost... like tears in the rain

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

afeelgoodpoop posted:

did you go to...high tide high school?

:)

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
ever notice how a gravel vacuum looks like a penis pump?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
how betta are u on a scale of fin to 10

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

it seems abusive to put them in a small globe of water but i would really like to put 2 of them in a small glass of water to see if the whole thing is bullshit

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

I would have to say it was when I saw somebody else looking at me and I had to make my face as big as possible until they looked away. brb, getting bought as an office party present for someone who can't even keep potted plants alive, hope I get a moss ball or something for filtration at least

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
this is me irl

i got the popeye :( :eyepop: :pwn:

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

My mom and I did the mourner's kaddish over the toilet after my Betta, Bettina, died.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
Traumatic brain injury or not the next time I see that guy in the mirror I am going to gently caress him up so bad

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

I.C. posted:

My mom and I did the mourner's kaddish over the toilet after my Betta, Bettina, died.

did you cover the tiny mirrors

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

It wasn't legit…like…couldn't sit shiva and plus we did burial at sea, so…we did what we could.

Pops Ghostly
Dec 20, 2014

by Ralp
Went out with some friends to the mall, when we came across a female classmate. She complained loudly and to my face that she wishes they didn't bring me. I just turned and sulked toward my car. She berated me for ten minutes, and said I was a loser who know one liked, and the only reason people hung out with me was for rides and money. I sat in the car for the rest of the night, while my "friends" walked around socializing. Than one of my "friends" bullied into calling her and apologizing for upsetting her.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

dog buttz posted:

a good lol nearly spoiled by unironic losers

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
While being raped by a guppy I didn't even fight back or thrash my fins. Afterwards I even apologized for getting that stringy fish poop wrapped around his fish stick.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

I went to a petstore with a female friend from my school
she asked if I'd buy her some bettas so I said yes
I paid $15 to buy her bettas
then just as I was about to ask her out on a date her cellphone rang and she said "sorry its my boyfriend I have to take it"

and that was the most betta moment in my life

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
was tripping on acid with some bettas pretty spaced out

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
One time I was Regina Spektor and I sang about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEocg4EU_dc

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Cyril Sneer posted:

Every time I try to keep neon tetras they end up getting stuck to the filter intake.

Try wrapping a filter sponge around it, secure it with rubber bands.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

it seems abusive to put them in a small globe of water but i would really like to put 2 of them in a small glass of water to see if the whole thing is bullshit

youtube search betta fight :(

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

I said u man the guns and I drive

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i saw myself in a mirror once and attacked it

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

mookface posted:

We are all condemned to the life of a tiny insignificant fish in a tiny insignificant fish tank. Instead of four glazed walls we are limited by our perceptions. This is the only trivial difference namaste

pray for gnosis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Oh man. I found this guy and I beat the poo poo out of him is was so rad.

Then I found out someone had painted red onto his side and he was really a girl :(

• Locked thread