Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Professor Funk posted:

This is Manish Mehta, so take it with a grain of salt, but if this is true holy poo poo I'm even happier John Idzik is gone.

That's dumb as hell. Praise almost always flows upwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

GaussianCopula posted:

It's not. Dimitroff did a decent job with the Falcons.
The talent level outside of like 3 positions is pretty bad honestly. They have Ryan, Trufant, and Julio to look forward to. That's on Dimitroff.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

As unlikely as it could be I want Ryan to go to Chicago. God that'd be great.

Make it happen Bears

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So Emery and Trestman are gone, but I want it to hear official news that Kromer, Tucker, and DeCamillis are out the door too.

I mean I know they can't possibly be kept, but I'm just hoping that the official news piece is that all three were loaded into a catapult and flung in Lake Michigan.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
The more I read about Idzik the more I feel like the Jets are already a better franchise by not having a GM rather than having Idzik at the helm.

I also hope Rex Ryan gets another chance to go win himself a Super Bowl, he's an elite DC and at least a good HC stuck with what was probably the worst GM in the league on top of two of the worst starting QB's in NFL history.

Toilet Terror
Aug 5, 2006
Swirlie

TMMadman posted:

So Emery and Trestman are gone, but I want it to hear official news that Kromer, Tucker, and DeCamillis are out the door too.

I mean I know they can't possibly be kept, but I'm just hoping that the official news piece is that all three were loaded into a catapult and flung in Lake Michigan.

Kromer's already out per a bunch of people on twitter

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

TMMadman posted:

I'm praying they try to get Dave Toub in to interview for the HC position.

Come back home, Dave. :(

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Beautiful Ninja posted:

The more I read about Idzik the more I feel like the Jets are already a better franchise by not having a GM rather than having Idzik at the helm.

I also hope Rex Ryan gets another chance to go win himself a Super Bowl, he's an elite DC and at least a good HC stuck with what was probably the worst GM in the league on top of two of the worst starting QB's in NFL history.

There were a lot of things Rex did horribly. One of the things I always note when thinking about him is how many times the Jets got blown out and/or showed up without any spark whatsoever. It always happened in big games too. 45-3 to the Patriots in 2010. 45-19 to the Eagles sitting at 8-5 in 2011. Buttfumble in 2012. Any one of the Bengals/Bills/Dolphins games from 2013 when the Jets were somehow in the thick of the hunt. The Chargers game this year. Those kinds of losses have to fall on the coach, and they happened way more often than normal under Rex.

That said, I'm gonna miss the hell out of that bastard.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Ozu posted:

The talent level outside of like 3 positions is pretty bad honestly. They have Ryan, Trufant, and Julio to look forward to. That's on Dimitroff.

Maybe Paul Worrilow? right?

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Kalli posted:

Also wow, surprised Orton is retiring, he's only 32 and pretty much has a gig where he can sit on a bench for $5-8m a year.

He wants to spend more time with his booze.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Would it be too much to ask for a miracle Rick Smith GM firing in Houston?

Yes?

Not even a reassignment in order to keep whatever blackmail he's pulling in house?

Yes?

Okay :smith:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Dexo posted:

I'm fine with Phillips staying, just get him away from football poo poo.

I don't think Phillips has done a good job even on the money side. I don't think the Bears will can him because from their perspective he's successful, but their only comp is Michael "Where's Dave?" McCaskey. I'm really surprised enough that they got rid of Phil Emery, so I won't get pissy if Ted stays.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Professor Funk posted:

There were a lot of things Rex did horribly. One of the things I always note when thinking about him is how many times the Jets got blown out and/or showed up without any spark whatsoever. It always happened in big games too. 45-3 to the Patriots in 2010. 45-19 to the Eagles sitting at 8-5 in 2011. Buttfumble in 2012. Any one of the Bengals/Bills/Dolphins games from 2013 when the Jets were somehow in the thick of the hunt. The Chargers game this year. Those kinds of losses have to fall on the coach, and they happened way more often than normal under Rex.

That said, I'm gonna miss the hell out of that bastard.

Now that the season is over, here's the final blowout tally for Rex (loses by at least 21 points)

2009: 0
2010: 1
2011: 2
2012: 4
2013: 3
2014: 3

Also I'm 99% sure the Jets have lost every single game after the Bye under Rex. The more time off the Jets have, the worse they played.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

quote:

Dan Bernstein ‏@dan_bernstein 4m4 minutes ago
#Bears indeed considering the #Cubs model, with Ted Phillips helming the business side, and an equivalent football president next to him.

Sweet. I can't wait til all this optimism comes crashing down. The fun is trying to figure out how they will disappoint me.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Now that the season is over, here's the final blowout tally for Rex (loses by at least 21 points)

2009: 0
2010: 1
2011: 2
2012: 4
2013: 3
2014: 3

Also I'm 99% sure the Jets have lost every single game after the Bye under Rex. The more time off the Jets have, the worse they played.

And some of those don't include the losses by less that were really blowouts by the numbers (i.e. the 23-3 loss to the Dolphins in '13, which is one of the worst games they played under Rex).

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

@MikeAndMike: "The Bears have never hired a head coach with previous NFL head coaching experience." - @AdamSchefter

Genuinely did not know this

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Kalli posted:

My boss is currently In-game: DOTA2 according to steam, so I think I'm okay.

Also wow, surprised Orton is retiring, he's only 32 and pretty much has a gig where he can sit on a bench for $5-8m a year.

Tell your boss "qq loving human being gg no re"

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

:unsmith:

Manish Mehta
‏@MMehtaNYDN
How about this: Rex showed his players an 8-minute video of his players making and for him. (Cont) #nyj

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN · 20m 20 minutes ago
Rex told his players that he had spoken so much thru the years. Now, he wanted to leave his players with images of them making plays for him

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN · 19m 19 minutes ago
Then, Rex simply said thank you and left the building. That is tremendous. #nyj

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN · 7m 7 minutes ago
Rex Ryan's farewell was an Irish goodbye. He actually said thanks for the memories and walked out before the video even started. #nyj

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe

Harbaugh to Michigan
Rex to Clemson

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Tell your boss "qq loving human being gg no re"

His boss probably straight picks Invoker.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Korranus posted:

Would it be too much to ask for a miracle Rick Smith GM firing in Houston?

Yes?

Not even a reassignment in order to keep whatever blackmail he's pulling in house?

Yes?

Okay :smith:

Not even kidding but there have been whispers and portents on Twitter of Houston considering Pioli because O'Brien wants him

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

Manish Mehta
‏@MMehtaNYDN
How about this: Rex showed his players an 8-minute video of his players making and for him. (Cont) #nyj

Rex told his players that he had spoken so much thru the years. Now, he wanted to leave his players with images of them making plays for him

Rex Ryan's farewell was an Irish goodbye. He actually said thanks for the memories and walked out before the video even started. #nyj

Man, that is pretty loving baller.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I hope and expect Rex to get another shot in a couple of years. Preferably in a city with a less... voracious reporter pool.

Until then I hope he takes an announcing gig and calls a Patriots game. My god would that be beautiful.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Professor Funk posted:

Manish Mehta
‏@MMehtaNYDN

nice way to end it

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
Rex Ryan is the Anti-Jim Harbaugh the league needed to keep the balance and with Harbaugh gone it's time for him to move on.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Kalli posted:

I hope and expect Rex to get another shot in a couple of years. Preferably in a city with a less... voracious reporter pool.

Until then I hope he takes an announcing gig and calls a Patriots game. My god would that be beautiful.

If he comes to Chicago he will be hailed as a savior. Chicago media tries so hard to love it's sports people, you have to be an rear end in a top hat to lose the media in this town.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

If you're either Chicago or Atlanta, he has to be on your short list.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

GNU Order posted:

@MikeAndMike: "The Bears have never hired a head coach with previous NFL head coaching experience." - @AdamSchefter

I wonder how many teams this is the case for. I know the Vikings have never hired a retread and I'd bet a team like the Steelers hasn't, either.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

GaussianCopula posted:

It's not. Dimitroff did a decent job with the Falcons.

He really hasn't. He's had a really bad success rate in both FA and the draft overall that are buoyed by a few big wins on the offensive side of the ball. He's had units on his team that have been bad for years with no signs of improvement and multiple really bad acquisitions(Most notably OL)

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Kalli posted:

"Bleeping Tom Brady, I tell ya, this guy can do everything." and then have him break down how Tom Brady is giving the Defense fits "Bleeping Touchdown Tom."

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

spanky69 posted:

Harbaugh to Michigan
Rex to Clemson

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
i kinda want rex to chicago to happen

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Professor Funk posted:

Manish Mehta
‏@MMehtaNYDN

A king among men

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Professor Funk posted:

Manish Mehta
‏@MMehtaNYDN

This is loving fantastic. Godspeed, Rex

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

quote:

Rich Cimini @RichCimini · 12s 12 seconds ago
Woody Johnson says next GM will have more of a personnel background than Idzik. #nyj

HE'S LEARNING

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I guess my only question is why haven't the Giants fired Perry Fewell yet

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Good lord

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 18m18 minutes ago
#browns oc Kyle shanahan on 49ers list of HC candidates, per source.

I think this is one of the reporters people make fun of so it may not be true

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

GNU Order posted:

Not in the modern era anyway. The last one was in 1959. I forget the coaches name, but the last time he coached was in the thirties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Rex fuckin rules

• Locked thread