Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

A Spider Covets posted:

i would suggest lying in the warm sun, watching the sea, and getting totally shitfaced.

I just went on a cruise and this is what I did but I don't know about spending an entire week like that. You might want to have a day off from drinking somewhere in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

A Spider Covets posted:

i would suggest lying in the warm sun, watching the sea, and getting totally shitfaced.

this was how gainax came up with panty&stocking, true story

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Last time I went on a cruise I got really sick halfway through and spent a day holed up in my cabin. Made me really glad that I brought a laptop full of old games :cool:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Trust me, I plan to spend plenty of time getting shitfaced and watching the waves -- I've got an unlimited beverage plan, and someone else is paying for it ;p But there will inevitably be some downtime, and I usually devour a paperback novel in 2 days tops, so some electronic distraction isn't unwarranted. (Plus, the six hour flights each way between home and the port.)

Ended up grabbing a few Steam RPGs, as well as some emulator stuff. Thanks for the suggestions :)

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I bet one of the Costa Concordia casualties was a goon locked up in his cabin indulging in his gaming addiction. He vaguely heard something about the captain leaving the ship to get help, so he thought nothing of his room tilting nearly 90 degrees.

Rest in peace, goon.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

ive actually never been on a cruise but if there's a lot of downtime, and perhaps limited 'net access, i'd say a 3ds would be an awesome thing to bring along. i like rpgs but theres a ton of games on it that are nice and easy to play that dont require connection.

think my favs as of late are monster hunter, fantasy life, rune factory, and harvest moon

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Ekster posted:

so he thought nothing of his room tilting nearly 90 degrees.
loving Gamebryo and Havok bugging out again :rolleyes:

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
I can't believe this thread is about ideas for different types of farts.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

small hendren posted:

I can't believe this thread is about ideas for different types of farts.

its really innovative

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

A Spider Covets posted:

its really innovative

We don't just discuss any old farts in this thread. It has to be lovingly crafted. Bespoke farts. Individualized olfactory experiences, for sniffers of true wit and distinction.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
have you guys ever had some delicious texmex and shots of tequila?

that will give you a special kind of experience on the toilet later

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Farts that matter

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i am so sick i can't even drag myself out to my pc to play games

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Games are life. You know what you have to do

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Adam Bowen posted:

Games are life. You know what you have to do

play video games?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Eonwe posted:

play video games?

i tried on the laptop but it' just not the same without a mouse and when i stand i gt dizzy

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

i tried on the laptop but it' just not the same without a mouse and when i stand i gt dizzy

This is why you don't touch fuzzy

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Eonwe posted:

play video games?

Yeah, but if not then suicide is probably the best backup option

EvilMayo
Dec 25, 2010

"You'll poke your anus out." - George Dubya Bush
Was checking some 2600 prices and saw this:

quote:

In Mangia you control a boy who eats pasta until his stomach explodes. To avoid dying you throw pasta to a dog or cat, but must avoid your mom seeing you waste food.
:wtc:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

XmasGiftFromWife posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JECZhmFJCis

even more bizarre when you see it in action.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

XmasGiftFromWife posted:

Wasn't there a Super Nintendo commercial where a dude eats so much his stomach explodes, and then Mario for some reason?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Wasn't there a Super Nintendo commercial where a dude eats so much his stomach explodes, and then Mario for some reason?

It is Yoshi's Island.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPJJQHF4tTo

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

How did they manage to get away with ripping off Monty Python's Mr. Creosote sketch so blatantly?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I pulled my PSP back out for emulating poo poo and I'm playing yoshis island for the first time. It's cool

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

I like the FF3 commercial from that era just because they went to trouble to use the actual boss monster designs but had them done up in 90s XTREEM style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d15qmRzn2Pc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I pulled my PSP back out for emulating poo poo and I'm playing yoshis island for the first time. It's cool

i would like it more without the boring slow maze levels and with more fun platforming levels

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Can someone toss me a link to the Wolfienstien thread if it's still around?

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner

omg chael crash posted:

Can someone toss me a link to the Wolfienstien thread if it's still around?

Achtung

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

100 Nazi scalps to you, my friend

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Goodbye thread!

New thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3698369