Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Wind Waker was really nice and is my favorite Zelda, but that one part about fetching the pieces of the Tri-Force or something (I can't remember at the moment) was dull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gas.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

SunAndSpring posted:

Wind Waker was really nice and is my favorite Zelda, but that one part about fetching the pieces of the Tri-Force or something (I can't remember at the moment) was dull.

Yeah it was, it always felt like there was a lot missing from that portion of the game but it was still really good and way better than the insanely overrated Ocarina of Time

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Okami is the best Zelda.

Ammie also shows more personality than Link most of the time, despite being a dog.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

axleblaze posted:

Okami is the best Zelda.

Ammie also shows more personality than Link most of the time, despite being a dog.
Okami is also a trilogy all in one game. The length and amount of content in that game is absurd.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

ArclightBorealis posted:

Okami is also a trilogy all in one game. The length and amount of content in that game is absurd.

Yeah a lot of people complain about that but when I got to the second time you assume the game is over and it turned out there was another huge area to explore, I was overjoyed. I just really loved that have and while I recognize its flaws, none of them actually bothered me.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

axleblaze posted:

Yeah a lot of people complain about that but when I got to the second time you assume the game is over and it turned out there was another huge area to explore, I was overjoyed. I just really loved that have and while I recognize its flaws, none of them actually bothered me.

The text scrolls way too slowly and I'm a dummy who bought the wii version, your move

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
I think I bought the HD remake of Okami on PS3 but I never actually played it :kiddo: In my defense there's like 800 items in my download list and I'm too lazy to search through it on the system or the webstore.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Okami is a very pretty game.

axleblaze posted:

Okami is the best Zelda.

Agreed.

Are there any games you guys pop in just to gently caress around on the world map? If I have a few minutes and I don't feel like reading or whatever, I like to ride around in Red Dead Redemption.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I just got around to starting on the Korra game, and drat it's surprisingly hard. I'm hardly an expert Platinum games player, but I think I died more times on the second mech boss than I did in the entirety of Bayonetta 2, on normal mode for both. Korra is made of glass, and having to charge before you do appreciable damage is hard to adapt to compared to just hitting hard right out of the gate.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

M

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Mario.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Play Mario and have a gay old time :tipshat:

scraps69
Dec 28, 2014
"it's Mr Gay" (or whatever the stars were in super Mario Galaxy)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This thread got bad overnight, please gas it.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Vincent posted:

Are there any games you guys pop in just to gently caress around on the world map?
A few years ago, it was Prototype. Then it was Just Cause 2.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Great Joe posted:

A few years ago, it was Prototype. Then it was Just Cause 2.

Yeah this is more or less the standard on which I judge open world/sandbox games. Prototype was an absolute joy for this and I never understood why it wasn't better received because it's great for loving around in. Just Cause 2 likewise, though I really hope JC3 adds more uses for the grappling hook, because it's a shame you can't use it as a clothesline across a road to knock people off motorcycles, since it doesn't clip with anything.

GTA games are obviously great for just messing around in the environment, but there are less traditional games that you can do this in as well. I still go back to Metal Gear Solid 3 to mess with guards by knocking them out, shooting radios, etc. all the time, it's a sandbox of sorts. In fact stealth games in general are perfect for probing AI systems and generally loving around.

Cognac McCarthy fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Dec 30, 2014

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
prototype was poo poo

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I should buy captain toad but there just isn't enough time in the day.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Playing Sleeping Dogs. Game still owns and looks amazing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Archer666 posted:

It's good.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Saints row 4 is p. Good for messing around

But sleeping dogs owns

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

When I played Sleeping Dogs, I actively walked places just because I was in awe of how much detail the developers put into the world.

It's a good game.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
gabe newell is a nazi and i cant wait to play the hot new genocide murder sim for dunkel jungen euro trash :cheers:

be sure to pick up your copy of Hatred ~

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Archer666 posted:

this game is really good. it was gta but the story had more purpose and i liked the setting more because china is my home. i picked up the definitive pack but havent got around to playing the dlc side stories as i started replaying the main story immediately.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Why do goons slobber all over Sleeping Dogs, is it just because of the glorious asian connection and karate?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Adam Bowen posted:

Why do goons slobber all over Sleeping Dogs, is it just because of the glorious asian connection and karate?
It's fun and good.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
it has car jumping which owns

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

It's pretty good yeah, but it's not pro tier GTA clone like Saints motherfucking Row.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adam Bowen posted:

pro tier GTA clone like Saints motherfucking Row.
:sterv:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Because it's good

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

How much Cantonese do I need to know to fully immerse myself in the world of Sleeping Dogs?

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Also SD has a cool small but detailed open world which never bored me unlike the Rockstar/bethesda GIANT EMPTY SPACES

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I couldn't get into Sleeping Dogs because the game wants you to be a good cop and not drive round the pavements getting ultra kills, which is kind of like the only thing I like doing in those games. Play Sleeping Dogs if you want to be immersed in the role of an undercover cop in Hong Kong and obey the driving laws

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
You only need to know the word for rear end in a top hat

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Level Slide posted:

How much Cantonese do I need to know to fully immerse myself in the world of Sleeping Dogs?

id say around 80~% immersion if you only know english. its not worth picking up for the game, but it is definitely something everyone should be striving to learn.

Up to the Elves fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 30, 2014

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Anyone else have tips for managing ADD when it comes to a huge GOG.com and Steam collection? I'd like to beat or finish something, but the last game I got through was torchlight 2 (90 hours of play). That was in 2013. I probably own like 200 games total. I remember before steam sales I would have one or two games I would play and honestly I am overwhelmed by the options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008
Pick game, download game, play a game.

If the game sucks stop and pick another, if the game is good keep playing till you beat it. This really isn't that difficult.

I guess if you're really brain broken uninstall everything and then only put up one game at a time so you aren't tempted to play something else, I dunno.

• Locked thread