Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE
Oh god starbound

That game had one of the largest gaps between how fun I thought it would be and how fun it actually was that I've ever experienced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

Brosnan posted:

Is Starbound actually done yet? I was super on board with it because Terraria owns, but I don't play early access poo poo and last time I checked it seemed like SB was going to be in v0.9 forever.

Nope, it's still early access

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

I played distant worlds once for a very short period of time. It was extremely complicated and there were tons of interactions between all these little ships and stations and whatnot. It was really fun but learning how to do anything other than watch was more than I felt up to at the time. It's definitely a game to buy if you're into complexity.

However, it is far more complicated than modern paradox games, so make sure you're up to it.

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

those look more like games developed by game developers to me

That doesn't make them not indie though

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

fyrelore posted:

And what is this one? It looks super familiar, I may have heard about it a few years ago, unless I'm thinking of a different game. This one is free, right?

I'm pretty sure it's Distance which is a remake of a free game called Nitronic Rush. I think the group made Nitronic Rush while students and now they're graduated and making Distance as a full game.

VideoGames posted:

really wanna play this one. what is it?

And this is Drift Stage!

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

If they ever make a sequel I really hope the Castle Doctrine guy is in it: rich trust fund scum who acts self-made, bragged about living off of $14k a year to show those dumb poors that it could be done only to later have it come out that he was lying and not counting the money he spent on health insurance and other things, and beat dogs with a stick and then gave away the stick as a prize in a contest.

Holy poo poo! What's this guy's name? I know who you're talking about and I thought he was totally insufferable even without knowing about any of that

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

Cardboard Box A posted:

How about you go play games with your #gg top kekt channer pals and leave SA, poor sadbrained goons, and ablegamers the gently caress alone?

what does this sentence even mean

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

Why is blinding of Isaac supposed to be good anyway? It looks kind of boring

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Its a twirl around two analogue stick simulator with poop, rape, and abortion references lower brow than south park.

Hm. The twirl around shooter bit sounds kind of fun actually but I can't say I really want to play a poop rape abortion game. I guess it's good I didn't shell out :tenbux: for it on the sale

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

if caring about artistic style in games means ive gotta suck a few dicks then i guess id better learn to suppress my gag reflex

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

I wish they'd make another one

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

precision posted:

The Gane cube controller was almost literally perfect

The only problem with it was the stupid Z button. It didn't clack pleasingly like the other shoulder buttons and pressing it was vaguely uncomfortable for young me

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

I've never played Bastion. Is it worth $15?

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

Lost Planet 2 is a bad game that becomes a good game if you have friends to play it with

And even then it's only fun for like, an afternoon

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

Excels posted:

the point of far cry 3 is that instead of being horrified by what a hosed up psycho he's become, jason finds that being crazy and murdering everything in a violent drug-induced fury actually rules and he doesnt give a poo poo about his old life anymore

just because it has a "point" doesn't mean it doesn't blow rear end

because far cry 3's story sucks and is also pretty racist

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

Stux posted:

someone made a COYA game on twitter it's a cool and weird idea I enjoyed it :)

https://www.twitter.com/wnd_go

That was super cool. It also links to some sort of strange, lovecraftian horror book called The Wanderer. I am seriously considering buying it now

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Cats are stupid as gently caress and terrible at video games.

Counterpoint:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Jb3VhwK00

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

THE PENETRATOR posted:

video game dunkey

I love dunker bideos

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

Adam Bowen posted:

My favorite epic video game personality is anita sarkeesian

I actually like anita sarkeesian because she makes boring videos that say the most basic feminism 101 poo poo and losers on the internet get obscenely angry about it.

Seriously, her videos are like "Women in video games are often portrayed as little more than motivation for male characters" and then the comments are stuff like "shut the gently caress up you bitc hore ur trying to destory what mad gameing gr8!!!! Fcuk u". The disconnect between the lack of actual content in her videos and how much people read into it is hilarious.

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

XmasGiftFromWife posted:

Diablo 3 is fun fun. Thanks goons

Is it still a full 60 dollars?

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

I just got a wiiu, what games should I get?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

how the gently caress does having your phone and wallet in your front pockets give you a bad back

• Locked thread