Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Have any of you been messing around with Archive.org's DOS games?

I'm trying to find something good besides Oregon Trail Deluxe or Golden Axe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

yeah now try Cobra Mission: Panic in Cobra City

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

welp i'm done with far cry 3's story mode. holy poo poo that game was embarassing. the bit where citra is praising you and your girlfriend is acting like a screeching harpy begging you to return to normal has to be seen to be believed. i think ubisoft should lay off the whole writing video game stories business. god drat. i don't think i've ever seen racist caricatures of that level in a video game before. voodoo poo poo doesn't even exist in the part of the world you're supposed to be in, and yet you're surrounded by dudes with fake Jamaican accents and gross caricatures of tiki torches and poo poo. gently caress

the point of far cry 3 is that instead of being horrified by what a hosed up psycho he's become, jason finds that being crazy and murdering everything in a violent drug-induced fury actually rules and he doesnt give a poo poo about his old life anymore

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

this is a good lifehack

you can also play games on your ti-82 calculators! there are some fun ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQRjPIwN4ys

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

should i play sleeping dogs or dead rising 2

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

what did you guys get with your christmas funbux at the Game Stop

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Ahundredbux posted:

Hello I want to play a video game which one should I play?

shadow of the colossus

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

hotline miami is actually really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcM_JrdSJSU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Ahundredbux posted:

I don't have an xbox though, hmm how about doom II

be a real man and dive into some Doom .wads

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

mainly i think they would just like more people to give a poo poo about legend of korra, to the point where they ended the series with korra going full gay for asami

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

imma going to buy hatred, the game for true doom murderheads

i draw the line at kicking dogs, personally

like you can be a murderous psycho toward humans but dogs ain't never done nothin to deserve The Purge that Mr Not Important decides to initiate

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

hazelnut instant coffee with a toasted pb+j

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

last night at the store i considered buying branston pickle simply because the zero punctuation guy has mentioned how good it is like eight hundred million times

apparently it's like some kind of relish that you eat on bread, sounds gross

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

reportedly he has already spent well over $4000 buying out stock at every single store he goes to

he's gonna have to act quickly if he wants to make a profit before nintendo starts cranking them out this year

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

there's a guy at AGDQ playing ocarina of time blindfolded really badly

put that on your resume

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

okay wow the blindfolded guy choked a bit in the first half and then just plowed through 3 whole dungeons in an hour. and he taught a blind kid how to play zelda.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

It's incredibly disappointing that survival games with zombies get released by the dozens each year, whereas survival games with dinosaurs have gotten left in the dust since Trespasser.

they tried to make a dinosaur game and it turned into Star Fox Adventures. do you really want another game like that on your conscience

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i got called in for a job interview tomorrow.

on the one hand, money.

on the other, less time i can waste running people over in Sleeping Dogs

the sacrifices we make

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i love this tag

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbvq3dmWUIU

this is the guy who bought up all the rosalinas.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

hubris.height posted:

i just beat that dumb boss that requires switching the thermal and regular visor in metroid prime

im glad that's over but its gonna ruin any hopes of my playing the game again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMdxjcxWnXU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

they should have gamejams with no advertising involved, don't even stream it. just get a bunch of smart gamer goons together and give them coffee, see what they come up with.

or at least be sponsored by a company less insane than mountain dew, who replaced all the vending machines with mtn dew, even their water, and kept telling people to hold the bottle with the logo aimed at the camera

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Destiny wanted to be Halo so badly it's palpable. I thought the beta was fun, then I realized the beta was like a full third of the retail game. kinda sad

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i heard the space marine action game wasn't consistent with the lore, but i enjoyed it.

lots of orks being mowed down by a big chainsaw on a stick is ok in my books.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i like games where the final boss is halfway through the game, and then you spend the rest of the game being awesome heroes

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

well they got New 3DS first so whatever

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

despite the warnings of bugginess i will download this, because i am hoping they revamped the lovely parts (seizure-color skies, really loud walking sounds)

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

someone explain CHIM

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i think that was the funniest thing about The Tester series, that your prize for having roaches dumped on you and frantically completing arbitrary menial tasks, was a job at sony to QA their games.

people think they will get to play elder scrolls 6 before anyone else or something, and then find out you have to play the mountain of white-noise licensed garbage games that are riddled with bugs you then have to record to get paid

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

morrowind is the game where you chug a million potions and then jump all the way to the final boss

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

DolphinCop posted:

cats are more important than human beings

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

my life is great because i live next door to a crazy cat lady so if i prop my door open i am surrounded by cats all the time.

also, video games are really good

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Dog's life for the ps2

this game is pretty awful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW2gKAQL7-w

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

game grumps was good until jon left. although it was already getting bad by then. at some point arin got a lobotomy and stopped understanding basic game mechanics

but up to a certain point i really liked them

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

My favorite part of game grumps is when Shelton says "bazinga"

well i don't like BBT but i do like unscripted chatter between two eccentric dudes.

Real hurthling! posted:

jontron is better on his own

i do not disagree.

Excels fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 17, 2015

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

he got and then beat cancer.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

it would be quicker to name HD collections to stay away from, most are decent but avoid Silent Hill HD completely.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

what is so great about twin peaks, whenever i hear about it peopel are either making fun of it or jizzing everywhere about how deep it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

I'll ask here because I'm phone-posting and that makes searching more difficult:

As I understand the series, Metroid Fusion is the last (chronologically) game, and all the other ones of late have been prequels and interquels taking place before Fusion.

What's the reason why they haven't made a proper sequel? A dislike of Fusion? The fact that Fusion alters how Samus looks? I'm not well versed in the series...

Sakamoto doesn't like that people prefer the Prime trilogy to any of his games, and even went so far as to retcon them entirely from the "official" timeline in Other M (which plays out like Prime games never happened). He was also having a hard time accepting that his personal view of Samus' character did not line up with the majority, and got supremely asspained about it.

Needless to say Sakamoto is not in charge of Samus anymore, and Nintendo has assured people future titles will stick to the 2D and Prime formula in the future.

• Locked thread