Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
gabe newell is a nazi and i cant wait to play the hot new genocide murder sim for dunkel jungen euro trash :cheers:

be sure to pick up your copy of Hatred ~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Archer666 posted:

Playing Sleeping Dogs. Game still owns and looks amazing.

this game is really good. it was gta but the story had more purpose and i liked the setting more because china is my home. i picked up the definitive pack but havent got around to playing the dlc side stories as i started replaying the main story immediately.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adam Bowen posted:

pro tier GTA clone like Saints motherfucking Row.
:sterv:

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Level Slide posted:

How much Cantonese do I need to know to fully immerse myself in the world of Sleeping Dogs?

id say around 80~% immersion if you only know english. its not worth picking up for the game, but it is definitely something everyone should be striving to learn.

Up to the Elves fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 30, 2014

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

keyvin posted:

Anyone else have tips for managing ADD when it comes to a huge GOG.com and Steam collection? I'd like to beat or finish something, but the last game I got through was torchlight 2 (90 hours of play). That was in 2013. I probably own like 200 games total. I remember before steam sales I would have one or two games I would play and honestly I am overwhelmed by the options.

stop buying games. or be pickier with your buys.

i only buy games im really interested in and when i pick them up i usually stick with that one until im done.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I couldn't get into Sleeping Dogs because the game wants you to be a good cop and not drive round the pavements getting ultra kills, which is kind of like the only thing I like doing in those games. Play Sleeping Dogs if you want to be immersed in the role of an undercover cop in Hong Kong and obey the driving laws

not really, you can do whatever on most missions and the only thing you lose is your police rating for xp. im pretty sure i bombed most of the triad missions on that because i was destroying everything and killing people.

Wei is a Bad Dude who is sometimes good.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
neat amensia is on sale, thats a good game. buy it and play it. get spooked.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

binding of isaac is really slow and boring and easy what's with all the hype around it

sometin about fetuses n poo poo gently caress YOU MOM i love this game

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
tomb raider is a really beauitufl an d good game. im having a very good time playing this one :cheers:

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
i think tomb raider just feels like an overall better game & story than uncharted (3) felt but im missing the uncharted puzzles

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mercury Crusader posted:

It's a fun game. The controls take a bit of getting used to, though. Maybe it's different on other platforms, I own the Saturn version.

this one was also good

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

icantfindaname posted:

So I'm playing Far Cry 3, and in addition to the "white man sees the heart of darkness from the noble savages and the big titty temple queen" or whatever the gently caress, apparently there's also a Pulp Fiction style exploitation homorape scene

gently caress You Ubisoft

yeah ive avoided these for a reason !

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

hubris.height posted:

highlight of sgdq for me was the ff6 run towards the end, i figured they'd have a ton to fill time at the end. i'll take a look at the list thanks for the link

:kiddo:

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
ɪᴍ ЙЗЗᴅɪЙɢ ЪᴜЙɢᴜS ҒЯФᴍ ᴜЯ ᴍФᴅЗЯ

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
▃▃▃▃▃▇▇▅▅▇▇
▃▃▃▃▃▇▇▇▇▇▇▃▃
▃▃▃▃◢┃▃╮╭▃┃◣
▃▃▃▃◢┃╮┃┃╭┃◣
▃▃▃▃◢┃▃▆▆▃┃◣ suck the piss out my rear end
▃▃▃▃◢◣╰▕▍╯◢◣
▃▃▃▃▃▇◣╭╮◢▇
▃▅▆▇▇▇▇▅▅▇▇▇▇▆▅▃

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Gas,.aids Fail

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
haha just kidding yall imp zone is cool :D

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
i hate the guys with the dominos pizza gang tag
they spam aids gay fail and friend of the family in every thread
and they cant be funny
gas

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
apparnetly talking about games is really hard

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ahundredbux posted:

I'm very close to beating Bastion, I've had it for ages and never got past the first like third of the game for whatever reason

Its good

uuugh for some reason i cant bring myself to finish this one. despite only playing it for a few hours i got burned out. its a great game and all i just kind of thing the whole dungeon brawler / action rpg kind of dull solo

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
if werre talking mgs why not 3 which is The Best

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
im going to download and play 3 on the beautiful pcsx2 . :cheers:

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
so are u supposed to play bastion with every difficulty bonus on as you get them?

or am i just the really good and manly gamer expection.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ArfJason posted:

Depends, do you feel the game is too easy?
Alternatively, do you want to get every dream related achievement?

yeah its easy but its all or nothing with the difficulty for me. i play games to suffer. i guess cheevos make it worth it.

the most annoying one is the exploding corpses mod, makes me screech and you know what i love it :twisted:

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

exquisite tea posted:

I just can't get into any game nowadays that doesn't have high contrast and judicious use of color. My eyes get bored real quick looking at washed out brown/green landscapes, which unfortunately is the rule rather than the exception.

can you give an example ? im hoping you're talking about reasonably boring landscapes and not every game that isn't umm maple story. i dont play too many single player games but the few i have recently have been pretty beautiful most times. tomb raider comes to mind for having really wonderful scenes and then rusted boats and metal for the next couple hours

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

exquisite tea posted:

New Vegas, the Witcher series, Metro 2033, Grim Dawn. All games people can't shut up about that are just supremely ugly to look at.

after some google image search, i feel you.

i like how the walking dead series, instead of falling into that, ended up being interesting to look at solely on their art style.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
what if there was just One console?

One console and One pc operating system. then we would have a good life and there might be peace between gamers, game makers, and all?

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
nintendo could make weird but cool controllers and extensions and the other two could just release different console covers with their fave chars on them for it.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
ok i have it. a PC. that is also a console because you can move it very easily to the tv. now companies will be forced to make games everyone will buy and play if they like it instead of because it is the only thing they have for my system and capabilities. this influx of money will go to making better and greater games. everyone will become a gamer and games enthusiast releasing custom mods and games for the new One System. they will be able to start their own companies and this wonderful economic market would make even obama look good.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
honestly im just a sad boy who only has a ps3 that was a cheap movie player. i hate waiting for games to come to my pc. but thems the breaks . drat.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
demanding the apology, as well

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I now know my post-apocalyptic purpose

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Cool.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Up to the Elves whats your avatar about? Looks cool

its the Shadow Friend. He's a dota hero & pretty fun to play.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ArfJason posted:

A) I don't have a bigger hard drive
B) I freed up like 30 GB, but I used that space for MGR
C) Why the gently caress would I want to play with you
D) You're a stupid attention seeking human being
E) Thanks for metal gear rising its a very cool game i killed the big robots

i will take D, for please stop posting Eye of Widesauron.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
thoughts on nancy drew games because i think i will buy one on steam and play it. i though tthey were for childrens but it appears they are Good. can anyone confirm or deny and if not point me to a similar game

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
thats no sci-fi game that probably came out 2-3 years ago on a frozen planet with mechs that kind of resembles Mass Effect!! thats my WIFE !

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
and, yes, it was good.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Excels posted:

Have any of you been messing around with Archive.org's DOS games?

I'm trying to find something good besides Oregon Trail Deluxe or Golden Axe.

thx for the easy upvotes http://imgur.com/gallery/eAVF7Ld :cheers:

(just sharing some games w gamers, nothing more nothing less)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Tits are dangerous things, to the gamer

• Locked thread