Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Every single Mario game is insanely good, you must be incapable of having fun or drawing any enjoyment from life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Mario 3D land wasn't quite as good as people said, but 3D world was hella good. Kind of a step down after SMG 1 and 2 but I think those are legit two of the top 10 games ever made so

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

precision posted:

Wind Waker is the best 3d Zelda game by a significant margin

Good point. Actually it's the only really great 3D Zelda game

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

SunAndSpring posted:

Wind Waker was really nice and is my favorite Zelda, but that one part about fetching the pieces of the Tri-Force or something (I can't remember at the moment) was dull.

Yeah it was, it always felt like there was a lot missing from that portion of the game but it was still really good and way better than the insanely overrated Ocarina of Time

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Why do goons slobber all over Sleeping Dogs, is it just because of the glorious asian connection and karate?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

It's pretty good yeah, but it's not pro tier GTA clone like Saints motherfucking Row.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Is maya the big titty ghost whisperer one?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I wasn't that impressed by Endless Space. I think Galactic Civilizations 2 was pretty good, but if you don't like MoO 2 I have no idea what could possibly please you.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

2015: the year of the Bone

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Dwarfs was a kickass game

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Dungeon of the Endless is hella good. Play it now goons. Amplitude can clearly make good games, but Dungeon takes it to another level because unlike their two TBS games it doesn't have to be weighed down by decades of unnecessary poo poo from earlier entries in its genre.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

So how about those motherfucking video games?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Rush_shirt made a co-op gaming thread, come and play co-op games with goons

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3691878

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

It's a pretty good game despite the terrible theme and graphics, it would be perfect if it was in space instead. Thanks for tuning in, bye.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Why gas? Other than a couple of lovely people who should probably just be ignored this thread has been fine

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

Chat threads are better if they're short and frequent than long and endless.

If it's a thread for people to just casually chat about games then there's no need to worry about missing vital stuff or info getting outdated like there is in the big mega-threads. If anything this thread has less reason to be closed and re-opened than most of the active threads in this forum.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

ArfJason posted:

my vote goes to "i'm gonna end your pathetic piece of poo poo life with spring loaded diesel powered dick thrusts. When you finally succumb to excessive cervical punctures, i will enter blade mode and dissassemble your weak retard body, then go slap chop on the tip of my penis until there's nothing but several fleshy strands like the face of cthulhu. I will promptly deploy my palette of vile substances, dip my dickbrush on Fecal Brown and Purulent Green and paint a picture of severe faggotry, where your face is a magic eye picture pattern. gently caress you cum waste retarded rear end in a top hat bitch who wish could be a loving videogame space slut." but honestly that's just my two cents and my opinions aren't very relevant; they shouldn't decide the fate of a thread like this all by their lonesome. Also the game Bleed is real nice, but very short, I wish they would add some extra content.

I stumbled into a portal to 2001 fyad apparently, does this mean I have to watch 9/11 happen again?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Bastion has good music and graphics plus a cool narrator and that's about it. As far as the gameplay goes, it's roughly comparable to Disney Infinity or something like that, baby's first ARPG/walk in a line simulator.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

True story, my drink of choice is premium sake from honorable Nippon. I like wine a lot and beer a little too, but a good bottle of sake is always my first choice.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I can't drink anything more than about 40 proof without my stomach burning. I can drink sake with a 15-16% alcohol content without any problem, but nothing harder than that. Probably not an ulcer because I can do spicy food, coffee, soda, etc. all day long but a single shot of hard liquor or even drinking a fairly weak mixed drink ruins my whole night :iiam:

I would drink Soju if I could because it's cheap and good and Korea is pretty close to honorable Nippon which is very important to me as a gamer.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

It's pretty cool but it should seriously cost about $1. Don't do it.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I know they've been working on it for a while, but I assume it's been just a side-project because it feels pretty much like what you'd expect from a game designed for a gamejam. There's no way they've dedicated any serious time to it given that it's got about as much content as a newsground flash game thrown together in a month or two.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Warhammer Fantasy loving sucks though, so who cares

also, Total War is bad

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Playstation Now is completely useless unless you just happen to own a PS4 and were in a coma for the last 8 years. It's $20 a month to play a bunch of games that everyone interested in gaming has already played.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Incorrect. There is a $99 Playstation TV which provides PSNow services as well as the other media streaming services the PS4 has.

I forgot about that. So if you've got $99 and spent the last 8 years in a coma, PSNow will be perfect for you.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

The morrowind graphics overhaul is really good at least, everyone should use that.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Orv posted:

As the local human chattel to three cats, this is only barely true. Tolerance, sure.

It depends on the cat, I have 3 cats and they're all pretty much as affectionate as any dog I've ever owned. One of them sits outside the door of any closed room I'm in and waits for me like a dog would.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

If you watch video game personalities on the internet you should make like Aerith and get stabbed to death

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

My favorite epic video game personality is anita sarkeesian

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

General recommendations for PS3:
Get PS+ and just play whatever games are free each month for a year

Too bad PS+ hasn't been good since 2013

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

There were a bunch of good PS3 games but I can't remember any of them now. 3D dot game heroes was cool, play that. Demon Souls if you're not a gigantic baby like I am. Ratchet and Clank games are good.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Stux posted:

i got one last xmas and its replaced my 360 at this point, and there have been enough exclusives that I've still been finding new stuff to play ridiculously cheaply. got TLOU and GT6 bundled in, then UC 3 for free with PS+, then other stuff like MGS4 and heavy rain were like £4 a pop used its amazing

uhhh i just got duke 3d, ducktales, deadly premonition and the HD hitman trilogy the past two months alone, you're dumb as gently caress

agreed forever, ive already got more games for my ps3 than my 360 after a year and almost all of that is from PS+

a really old game, a $15 remake of an old game, a poo poo game, and a trio of really old games. amazing

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I forgot that game is le wacky XD XD XD goon bait

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

its a dark comedy soap opera. the first episode introduces every character and they all cry to the exact same melodramatic music.

then an fbi agent shows up and everything gets weird/cool until they reveal the murderer and then you may as well stop watching because the show is about 10 episodes too long.

Don't stop watching because the ending is really good and hosed up even if the 10 or so episodes preceding it are pointless. Even when the show is at its worst it's still the weirdest poo poo ever on network TV and worth watching for that alone.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Yeah but it's only 30 episodes total, it's not like asking someone to commit to watching all of Voyager just to enjoy a few episodes worth of Seven of Nine titties

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Excels posted:

you could read off the full wii u library in the time it took to ask

also a lot of people may recommend mario kart 8 but even with DLC, i don't like it that much, get mario 3D Land or Tropical Freeze instead.

MK8 feels like 60% of a whole game, like the rest wasn't done and they didn't have time to finish

or bayonetta 2

you're dumb, MK8 is amazing even if the battle mode is poo poo

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I said come in! posted:

It happened with the Wii much sooner then it should have. While the 360 and PS3 were getting a constant stream of real good games and still are, the Wii was dead in the water pretty fast.

There are about as many good games on the PS3/360 as there are on the Wii though. Last gen was pretty much poo poo.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I said come in! posted:

I was being sarcastic. Last gen was amazing. I never know what to say to people who felt last gen wasn't overflowing with really great games.

Sure, if you were a PC gamer. Compare last gen to the PS2/Dreamcast/Gamecube gen or the N64/PSX/Saturn gen and marvel at how poo poo it was in comparison.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Who is going to Evo 2k15?

It's about 10 minutes from my house, but I don't really want to mingle with disgusting fighting games people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Wouldn't it make more sense to just ban customized characters? They already ban every single element of fun in the game anyway, why not ban another thing?

• Locked thread