Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Mercury Crusader posted:

I dunno about the final game for this year, but the first game I play every year for the past like ten years is a playthrough of Super Mario Bros. on the NES. Knock it out in like ten to fifteen minutes, I'm not good at speedrunning but it's still fun. :)

jack frost is the best mascot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

kalstrams posted:

Play Skullgirls, it's good fighter.

it really isn't that good

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

VideoGames posted:

please play video games.

thank you, that is all

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
wolfenstein is good but i'm on t he level with the tarzan into a window and i'm loving stuck because there are shotgun heavies with shrapnel are shooting me and i can't peer around the corner to hit the commander and also when it loads the autosave the assault rifle and health pack are gone even if i don't pick them up

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I got a bunch of games on origin recently anyone wanna play

lol good luck finding someone that uses origin

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i hope your posting gets cancer and stops completely

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i am looking forward to playing that sometime after i finish lightning returns

then im gonna play mgs 2 and 3

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i have played 2 before like a decade ago and just remember some cyber nonsense

but i don't know if i want to touch 4 it seems like a lot of time to sink into cinematics for a series im unsure if i even like

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
mgs 3 and pw are on the combo collection disc i got in the buy 2 get 1 free used with mgr and some lovely jrpg at gamestop

i'll replay mgs 2 and then 3 and see how i feel about tackling 4. i know nothing about 3 or peace walker, but fwiw endorph's endorsement of 3 has me optimistic

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

James Woods Fan posted:

I am jumping between Fire Emblem: Awakening and Freedom Wars, with a preference towards the former. Fun times.

gently caress freedom wars imho

and gently caress Liam from super best friends for liking it :(

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Ahundredbux posted:

I'm playing marvel heroes and I hate it

yea i never understood the fanfare behind it

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
penetrator loving sucks at video games

real talk

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
oh man do you guys remember newgrounds? cause i got this game from there on my ps4 called binding of issac

look, you can throw poo! can you imagine?!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

THE PENETRATOR posted:

seems like you should start a promising youtube career where u get a 500 win streak on hard mode >:)

yea i agree opinions are worthless unless you can back them up with proof that you've mastered the game

post your dick and prove you've mastered the posting game

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

THE PENETRATOR posted:

note: my posts are never jokes , and are never disparaging , and are always serious

same

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

axleblaze posted:

Games are really good.

even the ones that are bad tbqh

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

ArfJason posted:

absolute sincere post: the binding of isaac artstyle and general look is trash but if you care about that in a game you're a human being

yeah just pour the poo poo into my eye holes

i too enjoy games that look like i'm reading arf jason posts

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

ArfJason posted:

i copied your post history and slapped it on notepad, then renamed it post.exe which after clicking launched into all the cinematics of the gay romance paths in mass effect

5'd and subscribed op

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
uncharted is a bad game watching a speed runner destroy it was great

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
god drat

meta discussion of threads is worse than stux posts please stop it

e: maybe make a thread for discussing the games chat thread, or an irc for you all to flaff about with each others turgid gas chamber posts

hubris.height fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jan 5, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
what is the first jrpg that will be speed runned during agdq or did i already miss it

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

kalstrams posted:

I think the first and only JRPG run will be Final Fantasy VII, it's like 4th run before the end of AGDQ. Maybe there's something else, check yourself - I haven't memorized all JRPGs out there.

highlight of sgdq for me was the ff6 run towards the end, i figured they'd have a ton to fill time at the end. i'll take a look at the list thanks for the link

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

plz explain why imp zaone hates that i try to talk about games in a fun way tia

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
gonna play diablo 3 with the wife soon

then i think i will start playing mgs2 cause i haven't played it in like a decade

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

precision posted:

we have a very healthy relationship. i tank, she nukes.

i know the horse skill is sub optimal but i can't stop using it. it's a fuckin horse!

same set up crusader + wizard for days

idk the horse skill is fun and all but its not meteoring into the earth like a comet which is pretty awesome

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

THE PENETRATOR posted:

actually Transistor was like they wanted to make a game that owned and I think they succeeded

:agreed:

bastion was ok, maybe even good, but transistor is way better

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

exquisite tea posted:

New Vegas, the Witcher series, Metro 2033, Grim Dawn. All games people can't shut up about that are just supremely ugly to look at.

i cannot remember the last time i heard someone talk about these games

has anything about new fallout been revealed yet

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

The Wii U is the best console to own. It's 3+ consoles in one.

i hate to wish success on ubisoft but i think if watch_dogs had been given a more strict wii u release or had had some kind of success we would see a lot more multiplats including the wii u which would be nice, its really a shame.

but if you have a pc + wii u you really don't need to worry about that in the end because almost everything is coming out on pc now, thanks in part probably to both "big" consoles moving to x86 processors

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

VideoGames posted:

games set in a desert will be brownish because sand is brownish. this should not be a surprise.

farcry 4 was good but even without being brownish it eventually got old. and then the area of the game that is brown happened and that was better (because it was towards the end)

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Stux posted:

having x86 cpus doesn't suddenly make it trivial to port from them, its just as complicated as it ever was. you still have stuff like the memory setup being completely different on both consoles to a PC, the GPUs having weird additions and architectural challenges etc. even the CPUs are different as they interact completely differently to the rest of the system than they do in a PC, the SDKs have more low level support leading to the coding needing porting to run over more abstract APIs etc. its more due to most everything coming out on all platforms in order to make more money, thats all.

compared to porting from a processor used in one device, it is significantly easier is what i meant to say, i did not mean to imply you could just plug that poo poo into a windows machine. it is definitely "easier" than in previous generations when things like the cell processor have features, that i imagine, were not easily reproduced in a desktop pc market

VideoGames posted:

i havent gotten round to buying it yet, still enjoying farcry 3 and need to finish that. plus it's ridic cash here in the UK

its just bigger and more green farcry 3 give it a year after beating farcry 3 so you don't exhaust yourself

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
its really just fc3 in a new place. i don't really think much changed except adding grappling hook which is really just a gimmick used for a couple lovely first person platforming sections and to access a few hidden areas. you can mostly avoid using it by using a hang glider to get to the top of the section you would've had to climb.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Stux posted:

they do but few ports are literally just doing that, they would run very badly otherwise. console versions still have significant optimisation made to them for both consoles rather than just using the highest level abstraction available and nothing else (DX on xbone, openGL on ps4). if they were doing that you would see really really REALLY badly performing ports compared to currently.

but you are saying this in a world where the assassin's creed unity port is a thing that happened as if to illustrate the point that they just hit a button to port it poorly

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Stux posted:

i said few not none. but also, unity runs well on the xbone for some really odd reason to the point that you have to spec out a really good PC to match it, so they mustve done more than just thrown it through the DX API on the bone and said done. probe went from the bone first, then cos they didn't fix anything and tried to brute force it it came out really poo poo and bad.

it was being advertised using the xbone promo so microsoft probably paid them quite a number of american dosh to make sure it was -the- release

quote:

otoh judt don't play ubisoft games as they are bad though

this is true but it won't stop me. still would've liked the wii u watch dogs to do well to secure a few more ports to it

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Up to the Elves posted:

what if there was just One console?

One console and One pc operating system. then we would have a good life and there might be peace between gamers, game makers, and all?

careful talk like this is what got john lennon shot

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

That's a character from Strange Journey dumbass

she is also the law character which makes her objectively the most shithead character in a game of characters who are mostly terrible human beings

FactsAreUseless posted:

The mission design is so much better, though. Instead of campaign missions being the low points of the game (the incredibly lovely boss fights, the giant monster) they're variations on the central sneak-and-shoot gameplay. It makes a big difference, especially with the removal of the long slow unskippable dream/drug sequences.

uhhh how far did you get? because you are required to do one of the drug sequences for the manor and its one of the best missions in the game imho. though the removal of bosses for stealth and take over bases is much cooler and there are a lot fewer story quests from my understanding too. the unskippable cut scenes are still a thing and kind of annoying but you only really have to watch them once.

the best part of 4 is the secret ending and it justifies the entire game

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
finally made it to the guardian of the fourth dungeon on persona q

looking forward to beating his rear end. i wonder if the final dungeon is less stressful

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Stux posted:

get a ps4 pad, they are the king of PC gaming now as the custom drivers let you use the touch pad for mouse control for menus, launching games and such like.

theyre also full of spyware so i'd hold off

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
ah i am not up to date on the controller driver game

thanks for correcting me goons. i'll stick with my 360 controller tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
have her stroke my wand

• Locked thread