Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
What's working at gamestop actually like? It seems like one of those jobs that's both easy as hell and completely soul destroying, much like doing inbound tech support for Comcast only you get paid a lot less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Mario or Luigi?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I have this theory that Luigi is actually voiced by Andy Kaufman

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Wind Waker is the best 3d Zelda game by a significant margin

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
You might say that Wei Shen is a very dangerous man

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ArfJason posted:

hey is your av from phoenix vs layton?

Yes it is a very good and cool game but way easy compared to proper Layton and Phoenix games also the last case is like 10 hours of dialogue and almost literally zero puzzles :\

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

James Woods Fan posted:

I never got the whole Youtube personality thing.

My Drunk Kitchen is pretty fun

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Adam Bowen posted:

So how about those motherfucking video games?

I'm replaying Hotline Miami and forgot how great it is.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Static Rook posted:

Everything sits on the floor if you think about it, man.

Every floor is really just somebody else's ceiling. :monocle:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Even a basement is a ceiling in China

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Up to the Elves posted:

i think tomb raider just feels like an overall better game & story than uncharted (3) felt but im missing the uncharted puzzles

Tomb Raider is like 100x as good as UC3 and I say that as a UC3 apologist.

Game is dope as gently caress and it's hilarious the sheer number of people Laura just brutally murders.

Little bit weird that the whole game has this Sucker Punch vibe with the Wise Older Dudes always mentoring you but on the other hand she's not wearing a schoolgirl outfit

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

The next Mass Effect game absolutely needs a space bow.

There's one class in MP who has something like that but he sucks. I want spacebows.

Did you seriously just poo poo-talk the Talon Merc? I can only assume you never used him much because he is loving insane, don't even need a drat gun to roll.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

Did they fix the thing where his omnibow would literally never connect if you were off-host??

On PS3 at least, they totally did. He went from being a cruel joke to being death incarnate. Spec right and he can do poo poo like kill a Plat Banshee with a few bow shots alone, and let's not even talk about Cain Trip Mine abuse and how hilariously OP it is.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Gane cube controller was almost literally perfect

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yea the Z button was problematic

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i've thought the wavebird was the best controller ever since it came out really. like, as soon as i held it, i was like "yes, this is what i want".

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's more hosed up that he's knighted.

google a list of awful people who have been knighted.

I mean... sean connery.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Imp Zone is the Metal Gear Rising of forums

interpret that whatever way you want

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FactsAreUseless posted:

I fulfill the niche, other boring posters are redundant.

You're the workmanlike white bread poster. Nobody ever says "man that's some good white bread!" but without it the sandwich would be really messy to eat. Metaphor.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

hubris.height posted:

gonna play diablo 3 with the wife soon

until school starts back up getting drunk and playing diablo 3 is all that's keeping my gf and i occupied after the bars close

we have a very healthy relationship. i tank, she nukes.

i know the horse skill is sub optimal but i can't stop using it. it's a fuckin horse!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sleeveless posted:

Sunset Overdrive happened

Please no.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

euphronius posted:

Huh it got really good reviews

quote:

This is the sort of game that people buy a new console for. It’s just that good. Sunset Overdrive celebrates the things that set us apart as gamers, and it draws strength from those differences.

GOTY???

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
smdh if your idea of "really broke" isn't buying a 2 liter of Kamchatka and drinking half of it in an afternoon before finally banging that cool chick from work because now you're single because your girlfriend is insane and broke up with you to marry a dude who named their kid Aerith

hold on, think i got away from my original point there. oh yeah, Kamchatka is cheap.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
What is it with video games and vagina monsters :\

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just looked up this Game Theory channel and they have a video which posits that Polybius was an extension of the CIA's MKULTRA mind control experiments with LSD. and the video included plenty of real facts about what the US government did to people like give one guy LSD every day for 6 months without telling him. so, the rest of their videos may be clickbait and dumb but if some kids get to learn about that then cool I guess?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
whatever happened to Twitch Plays Pokemon? i remember when that was the hottest thread in Games. the first like 3 days were pretty fun and then i got bored

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A Steampunk Gent posted:

They did it, then it kept on going and it got boring and then it still kept on going, the first playthrough had it moments though.

I thought you had a ton of posts in that thread though? You used to have a Flareon avatar

a ton of posts in the first like week, yes. like i said it got boring real
fast.

the Flareon av was bought for me, dunno why.

oh man they're still doing it, looks like they're playing some 3D pokemon game and the screen is more full of infogarbage than a CNN news feed, what is even happening

precision fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jan 12, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Journey is the best game ever

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Can't chat playing games

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Playstation Now is pretty cool from a proof of concept POV. Bring on streaming gaming of all games ever made ever

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Since you're just grabbing video, it doesn't really matter whether the game is new or old(unless they seriously streamed 320x240 video for PSX I guess), only the actual pace of the game. One frame links are as impossible streaming Street Fighter 2 as they are streaming SF4 Ultra. I have no idea if either of those are available for streaming, just an arbitrary example.

It does work, but you'd never mistake it for running the game locally.

Actually I don't even have super fast Internet (speed test puts it at 14 to 18 Meg down and 4 to 5 up) and all the games I've tried on PSNow do run without input lag (I've tried God of War 4, El Shaddai, FF13, Uncharted, Contrast) and are indistinguishable from running them locally

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ArfJason posted:

this is something i would not like to play through compressed stream video, but id play it out of desperation anyway

you totes should as it is pure ownage

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
As long as Goro isn't OP I don't care

Game is gonna rock me like a hurricane. Injustice was really good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Final Fantasy 13 is actually cool and good.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

to be honest only Skyrim was good and even then that's debatable

:agreed:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
every time I try to play a new Civ game I'm like "wait a minute, this is just a reskin of Civ 2 with new buildings and units and the same buildings and units still own"

never again, sid LIAR

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I always end up with one city in the year 1997 or whatever that is still being defended by a lone Archer unit.

Because it kills everything.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I was kind of a dick to my best friend as a kid because we both loved the legend of zelda and every now and then I would call him up and be like "dude Legend of Zelda 2 is out! It has a spear!" and after about 10 minutes I'd be like "haha syke". this was before the internet and you know if you can believe it there wasn't any actual information about Zelda 2 even existing as far as I could find

until one day I'm in K-Mart with my mom and I look over at the video games all casual and see a golden box behind the counter that says LEGEND OF ZELDA 2 BITCH and I made her buy me that so fast

when i got home and called my friend I had to be like "no seriously FOR REAL THIS TIME GO TO K MART" and his mom got on the phone and was all like "YOU BETTER NOT BE SYKING HIM OUT AGAIN YOU LITTLE poo poo"

it was funny

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i have literally never heard of "putting your phone and wallet in your front pockets makes you look like a teenager" until just now

like seriously, what the gently caress? is that a real thing? front pockets are for wallets, keys, phones, whatever. back pockets are stupid and make you look dumb if you put your phone in them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I have a slim kickstarter wallet that doesn't show any profile through the pockets of my tight pants..

you must be as Prince said a sexy mother effer

that reminds me I was in the grocery store the other day and "nothing compares 2 u" came on. good stuff.

video games.

• Locked thread