Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

I want an anime buddy irl to talk abut anime with and I think I found one. I'm Krampster2 and this is my story.

So I just started playing League of Legends (I come late to popular things) and I found out a guy at my work plays too and is pretty decent (sliver 3). He said we should play and I said "sure but you have to teach me." He said "okay haha, just as long as you call me senpai." It was at this point that my power lvl radar started picking up signals on this dude. I didn't want to reply "OMG YOU LIKE ANIME TOO!?!?!" encase he was saying it ironically and also other people where around so I just said "alright will do." So anyway I'm gonna play with this guy tonight, how do I drop subtle hints to find out if he likes anime too without looking too spergy? Should I ask him if he has stairs? Please help me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
drop a coupls casual anime references

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
"Oh man, these opponents in this video game are very skilled, are they the Red Shoulder Battalion or something?"

"LOL I never thought that was gonna work, call me The Irresponsible Captain Krampster2!"

"We won that video game level, but we played very poorly. Let's not put it up on twitch, it will be the Doan's Island episode of the evening"

Like that

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Looked at his steam account recently, he has two friends with anime avatars. This is looking good.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
really easy actually, scour the local news for the latest pedophile arrest. bring the story up as a conversation topic and gauge how sympathetic he is towards the molester

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

boom boom boom posted:

"Oh man, these opponents in this video game are very skilled, are they the Red Shoulder Battalion or something?"

"LOL I never thought that was gonna work, call me The Irresponsible Captain Krampster2!"

"We won that video game level, but we played very poorly. Let's not put it up on twitch, it will be the Doan's Island episode of the evening"

Like that

drat have you done this before? That could just about work.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Congrats on finding a husband at such an early age

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Goku is the answer.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Try this OP

"Hey man, what shows are you into? You care for anime?"

Then hell say "Nah, I watched dragon balls long ago before I decided to grow the gently caress up"

Then you can go back to having no friends.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

ask him how many pieces did they hide th e... pirate... treasure in... which... aask him in how many pieces was the piurate treasure hidden

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

This is like the new version of the SA stairs question. Why do you need a secret code to ask if he watches a particular type of show? Just ask him what he watches like an adult while you're having normal conversation.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ThaGrandCow posted:

This is like the new version of the SA stairs question. Why do you need a secret code to ask if he watches a particular type of show? Just ask him what he watches like an adult while you're having normal conversation.

Apparently he is self-aware enough to recognize that an adult who likes cartoons is something that normal people find a little odd, and is hoping to have found a similarly-shamed comrade.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Serious rant here: Spergs watch anime but not all anime watchers are spergs. Except for being a member of these forums I'm a pretty standard dude, work full time, gym 4 times a week, and a normal social life. Don't really get how watching a particular type of media would turn you into a autistic social reject, they're just cartoons. I do get how anime appeals to spergs but it doesn't turn you into one. That being said I don't really like cutesy moe anime, maybe that's were to danger lies. You made now proceed in attacking the overly defensive op. I'll brb

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

krampster2 posted:

Serious rant here: Spergs watch anime but not all anime watchers are spergs. Except for being a member of these forums I'm a pretty standard dude, work full time, gym 4 times a week, and a normal social life. Don't really get how watching a particular type of media would turn you into a autistic social reject, they're just cartoons. I do get how anime appeals to spergs but it doesn't turn you into one. That being said I don't really like cutesy moe anime, maybe that's were to danger lies. You made now proceed in attacking the overly defensive op. I'll brb

stfu nerdo

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Well OP I was listening to my Rise Against CD and, this is really weird, a song by The Offspring came on. What??

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Have you sucked his dick yet?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Wear a t-shirt that an anime fan would recognize, but a normal person wouldn't. like this

Alternatively, just swing for the loving fences

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

ask him who would win in a fight, goku or superman

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Senpai = Anime

OP = human being

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Wait, hang on. What the gently caress are we doing? The guy plays League of Legends? I just googled that game, and yeah, I think it's a safe bet the guy likes anime.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Boy you're gonna look silly when you find out this guy just likes persona 4, not any of this faggy anime drivel

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

He's gay. You're gay. I'm gay. Let's make this happen.
*picks up Wii-U controller*

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
Literally no one in my life knows i'm a secret anime fan. Being an adult anime fan is more dangerous than coming out of the closet in Alabama.

saig
Mar 9, 2003

i see your reply and raise you an i dont give a shit
Thread is gay as gently caress

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Say something about "power levels"

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
You shouldn't play videogames because they turn you into a violent misogynist.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you think he's ever watched Kill la Kill just scream "MATOI RYUUKO" at the top of your lungs, he will get it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Leave some anime under a sign that proclaims "free anime!" Rig a net trap to fall on him if he picks the anime up. If you come and find your friend caught in a net, you'll know he likes anime.

Break (or otherwise connive) your way into his house. While there, use a UV light to detect if there is any semen on his waifu pillows or wall scrolls. If there is, it's a safe bet he likes anime.

Invite him to watch a normal cartoon and see if he complains about the high framerate and fluid movement.

Release three pigs numbered "ichi," "ni" and "shi." If he spends any time looking for pig number "san" then you know he watches anime.

Hit him with an oversized paper fan and watch to see if he gets an erection.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

saig posted:

Thread is gay as gently caress

also the OP, and the guy he is talking about, and me

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
kill him just to be safe

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Put up a poster of a woman with DD-cup breasts. Listen to see if he remarks about how "flat chested" the woman in the poster is.

Wear a pleated skirt and thigh high stockings in the perfect "Zettai Ryouiki" ratio (4 : 1 : 2.5) and see if he gets a nosebleed.

Invite him to come and live with you in the women's dormitory you manage. Keep your eyes open for hilarious misunderstandings.

Ask him at what age he considers a sexy older woman to be a "cougar." If he answers anywhere in the 20s or below (or doesn't know what a cougar is) he is an anime fan.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Alexzandvar posted:

If you think he's ever watched Kill la Kill just scream "MATOI RYUUKO" at the top of your lungs, he will get it.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
u are an animetard and play lol instead of dota. the universe continues to make complete sense. thanks god.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Set a trap by propping a box up with a stick on a string and using a kill la kill dvd as bait.

To lure him to the trap, leave a trail of pocky.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Nathilus posted:

u are an animetard and play lol instead of dota. the universe continues to make complete sense. thanks god.

anyone who plays a moba is a big turd, h t h

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

The Mad Archivist posted:

incorrect but this is an understandable mistake so im not mad or anything.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
if some mentally gangrenous moba player is going to lecture me about anime I'm going to completely lose my poo poo

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Is League of Legends like those lovely tower defense mods people on Warcraft III used to play?

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Well OP I was listening to my Rise Against CD and, this is really weird, a song by The Offspring came on. What??

Dunno what you're saying here but both of these bands are very bad bands.

bigzak posted:

Literally no one in my life knows i'm a secret anime fan. Being an adult anime fan is more dangerous than coming out of the closet in Alabama.

This but Australia too.

The Mad Archivist posted:

Agreed, the moba community is hosed up retarted and consists mostly of 12 year olds. That's why I play because I'm a big anime pedophile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

Is League of Legends like those lovely tower defense mods people on Warcraft III used to play?

yes but with exponentially more russians calling you a human being

• Locked thread