Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

bartlebyshop posted:

Every time I've flown from SFO to Pearson Air Canada/United (they code share) has lost my reservation. They are 5 for 5 and it's incredible. It's terrible too because you have to sprint from one end of the terminal to the other to talk to each desk. Usually I just get so frustrated and worried that I'll miss my flight that I end up bursting into tears and they find a way to make a new reservation for me. That's my advice, I guess.

If you're a pretty girl maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Shadow posted:

How do you hold up a mirror to someone on the internet?

Dude, first class doesn't mean they want to help you. ANOTHER EXAMPLE.

I had a particularly bad day my last day on-site. A bad experience with a dick head client. A bad lunch. And some other poo poo I forget. I had gotten this trip home upgraded so I was going to get good and sauced for the next 2 hour flight and get home and pass out.

This is something I've done a zillion times when boarding with a First Class seat. The flight attendant at the entrance, "Hi! I'm in 3A, can you please get me a Woodford Reserve?" ALWAYS works. I got me a drink before 90% of the plane has even boarded. Before First Class is even finished.

Well, on this particular day, I did the same thing and got told that she'd get to me when everyone's boarded. She then forgot everything I asked for the rest of the flight and I'd have to repeat it. She purposely made me wait.

Being in First Class doesn't make you god. And how you just wrote your reply makes it seem like you're either self-entitled to the extreme or you are just one of those people who were taught polite things to say but never actually mean. People who deal with lots of people every day can see right through that horse poo poo.

On my bad day, even though I said what I always said, I easily came across as impatient or self-entitled and she made me pay for it with delays and constantly reminding her what I asked for.

uh dude i think that was :thejoke:

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Based on his other replies, it may have been another surface joke, but more indicative to how he comes across to those in the service industry.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Shadow posted:

If you're a pretty girl maybe.

Girl yes, pretty no. Sobbing uncontrollably is a great way to bypass most of the line for security as well.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

bartlebyshop posted:

Girl yes, pretty no. Sobbing uncontrollably is a great way to bypass most of the line for security as well.

If some ugly rear end ho started sobbing to get ahead in line I'd just point at her and say SHES GOT A BOMB!

Although being brown, I'd probably get sent down to gitmo. :(

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
im the guy who thinks people comes across irl the same way they do on an internet comedy forum lmao

edit: "comedy"

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

uG posted:

im the guy who thinks people comes across irl the same way they do on an internet comedy forum lmao

edit: "comedy"

Dunno I've seen goons.JPG, at least some of them are exactly what you'd expect from their typing

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
if i had to work customer service at an airport for any amount of time i'm pretty sure it would end in a murder suicide or at least alcoholism

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
shadow stop posting itt, thanks

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

thanks for ruining this threaad with the being nice to people retard olympics

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Fetus Tree posted:

shadow stop posting itt, thanks

you know poo poo is baad when you want to empty quote loving fwtus tree

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

babypolis posted:

the being nice to people retard olympics

mom dad i've found my calling

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Monkey Fracas posted:

you'd think if the government was subsidizing them they could also have some say in what outrageous prices they charged but ehhhhhhhhh

I think you used to be able to just like buy a ticket and go into any airline and use it

that would be communism

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
STT - JAX is cheaper than STT - ATL on Delta.

Like half the cost.

STT - JAX is actually routed through ATL, ,so he actual flight pattern is STT - ATL - JAX.

Why.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

buttcrackmenace posted:

Like half the cost.

STT - JAX is actually routed through ATL, ,so he actual flight pattern is STT - ATL - JAX.

Why.

Because gently caress You, you don't have a choice :smug:

Oh no you've exposed our trickery, no fair!!!

We'll sue you!!! :supaburn:

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
the hosed part is that I'm usually going to visit people in GA, so I end up renting a car in JAX and driving up

Still don't understand how Delta thinks that two flights are cheaper than one

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

buttcrackmenace posted:

Like half the cost.

Why.

Feeder markets feed the beast. Simple as that.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
faaaaaaaaart

let it mellow fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 3, 2015

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
*types john galt monologue into 90s computer, twice*

Well sir it costs twice as much because

* types*

It does.

Bishop fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jan 3, 2015

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Bishop posted:

*types john galt monologue into 90s computer, twice*

Well sir it costs twice is much because

* types*

It does.

yeah I dunno why I typed that poo poo except I'm drunk

I fixed it

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Monkey Fracas posted:

you'd think if the government was subsidizing them they could also have some say in what outrageous prices they charged but ehhhhhhhhh

I think you used to be able to just like buy a ticket and go into any airline and use it

they could also make them open the books so we can see where the bullshit is

sort of like those scandianian socialst hellholes where they make everyones tax returns public

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
I flew "allegient air" once and I thought I was in some psychological experiment. They don't even have people at the counter until the moment they start boarding and if you have a question they give you a piece of paper with a phone number hand written on it that just rings forever, lol

semon demon
Jul 31, 2006

i only fly delta which i think is the expensive one and even then its like cattle in a pen like bus travel has to be more pleasant

im also a big fat human being so plan seats literally dont fit me lol

semon demon
Jul 31, 2006

protip drink as much as your wallet allows before boarding a plane and youll be able to fall into a wheezing sleep much more quickly

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

semon demon posted:

protip drink as much as your wallet allows before boarding a plane and youll be able to fall into a wheezing sleep much more quickly

protip go to the liquor store beforehand and buy shot bottles and drink in a terminal bathroom stall

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

buttcrackmenace posted:

the hosed part is that I'm usually going to visit people in GA, so I end up renting a car in JAX and driving up

Still don't understand how Delta thinks that two flights are cheaper than one

they don't.

but they practically own ATL so they can charge whatever they want. so people terminating at ATL pay more, and that subsidizes the people who pay much less to do the same flight PLUS and extra leg because they need lower prices to compete with other airlines at the other airport. it is dumb business and airlines are loving retarded.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
ATL owns, I love that airport

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

jackyl posted:

true

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

southwest is secretly the best american airline with nice seats, free directv and stewardesses that give me free drinks like 90% of the time

lots of people with anxiety problems can't handle the first come first serve seating though

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

jackyl posted:

They need to finish fixing the fuckin road system within the airport property

the place is practically un-navigable.

oh it's nighttime and raining? stay home or take a cab cause you're gonna miss yr flight

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

jackyl posted:

The check in process is really good imo and the food there is great but seriously gently caress the flight scheduling in Atlanta. If a loving duck farts within 10 miles of the airport they cancel all flights that day. I've been stranded there once and had almost every flight through there delayed in the summer.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
a bay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

buttcrackmenace posted:

They need to finish fixing the fuckin road system within the airport property

the place is practically un-navigable.

oh it's nighttime and raining? stay home or take a cab cause you're gonna miss yr flight

it's done now. sorry construction takes time especially when the airport that the construction takes place in must remain operational almost 24/7 and is one of the busiest in the world. rear end in a top hat. some people i swear

• Locked thread