Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

gret posted:

Have Stadium SUPER Trucks support every IndyCar race.

Don't bring up ideas Indycar already uses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

gret posted:

Have Stadium SUPER Trucks support every IndyCar race.

Brilliant idea, because that means IndyCar would have to have incorporate dirt sections and jumps

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

FuzzySkinner posted:

I think it was Cale Yarborough who actually ran Supermodifieds to train to run Indy fwiw.

He said they were actually the best thing to race to transition from Stock Cars to Indy.

They really are the closest thing going, tbh

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Possibly Chicken posted:

Don't bring up ideas Indycar already uses.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Would new Phoenix be any good for an Indycar race? I've not watched NASCAR much since it was redone so I don't know a great deal about it.

Its a shame that New Hampshire fell on its arse a few years ago; that's a really good track for indycars...

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Yes.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 18 days!)

IceAgeComing posted:

Would new Phoenix be any good for an Indycar race? I've not watched NASCAR much since it was redone so I don't know a great deal about it.

Do you like crashes?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

They can play with downforce until they get to something they like. They did a DW12 test at Phoenix ages ago with the roadcourse wings and the car was flat the whole way around.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

They would prolly take a ton of downforce off the cars to keep them from packing up, and then people on the internet would whine that the cars aren't two-wide and 5 deep the whole race and talk about the lovely IRL pack racing days like it wasnt dumb poo poo that mangled/killed two dozen people and allowed idiots like greg ray to win races.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Hope its like it is in iracing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTd_MhMw-NY

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Also didnt see it talked about, but Rob Edwards (of 'probably the only reason Tagliani/FAZZT was good and then also probably the only reason SSM was good' fame) has moved to Andretti to take Moyer's role, who went to Penske.

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/112191-indycar-rob-edwards-replaces-kyle-moyer-at-andretti

Kinda feel bad for Hinch... SSM has lost the brains behind the whole operation and their best engineer over the last few weeks.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

ahahaha holy poo poo

e- the one chat quote, lol "this race personifies 'hold my beer and watch this, man'"

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jan 6, 2015

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Sweet race footage from 1998, bruh

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

this one is better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3t_d38Gxgk

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan

Cygni posted:

They would prolly take a ton of downforce off the cars to keep them from packing up, and then we would whine that the cars aren't two-wide and 5 deep the whole race and talk about the lovely IRL pack racing days like it wasn't dumb poo poo that mangled/killed two dozen people and allowed idiots like Greg Ray to win races.

Fixed

The DW-12 was never designed for IRP. No open-wheel cars faster than Pro Mazda should be running at IRP. If iRacing is as realistic as they say they are, then the DW-12 could theoretically do >165mph into T1 which is :eyepop:

Also debating changing thread name to

quote:

IndyCar 2015: Even a broken clock is right twice a day

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

gret posted:

Have IndyCar support every Stadium SUPER Trucks race.

ftfy

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/06/indycar-team-co-owner-sarah-fisher-to-compete-in-this-months-chili-bowl/

SARAH FISHER IS BACK...

....she's racing at the Chili Bowl!

This is pretty awesome.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 6, 2015

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
that owns

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Might be the second best news that could possibly have been posted in the thread at this point.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://www.chilibowl.com/entries/manual.aspx?c=1197

She's running Wednesday.

Her brother in law and noted one off Indy Lights driver Kyle O'Gara is running Thursday, Potential Future Lights/Series driver and son of Billy, Chad Boat* is running Friday, as is Bryan Clausen, former and future starter in the Indy 500 is as well.

Future Indy Lights Driver Davey Hamilton Jr. may run, but he's not said anything either way about it.

e: Also of note? NASCAR talent Kyle Larson, Kenny Wallace and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. are also in.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 7, 2015

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

That car looks exceptionally cool and good.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Cavin reporting that Vitor Meira is trying to put together a partial season with some, believe it or not, Menard's backing.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Unless he's running a Buick stock block, it's not the true return of Menard to IndyCar.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
here ya go, guys

https://archive.org/details/msdos_Indianapolis_500_The_Simulation_1989

https://archive.org/details/msdos_IndyCar_Racing_1993

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

So who has the manual to get past copy protection?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

BMB5150 posted:

So who has the manual to get past copy protection?

hit "enter"

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

:suspense:

Watching this kind of thing kinda makes me want to give iRacing another go, but then I remember that I would be so, so bad at racing with other people and would end up with -56374 conduct points or whatever.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
the best part of IndyCar Racing 2 was converting NASCAR Racing 2 tracks and then racing at Pocono.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I remember somebody made a Bathurst track for ICR2. That ruled.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Doc Morbid posted:

:suspense:

Watching this kind of thing kinda makes me want to give iRacing another go, but then I remember that I would be so, so bad at racing with other people and would end up with -56374 conduct points or whatever.

You'll fit right in then.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Andretti targeting 5 cars, with 4 cars sounding pretty certain. Lots of interesting names on his list, including Wilson, Jean Eric Vergne, Abt, Simona, and even Kevin Magnussen. If he can add someone like Wilson, that would go a long way to helping Honda this year.

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/112268-indycar-andretti-aiming-for-5-car-honda-program

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Cygni posted:

Andretti targeting 5 cars, with 4 cars sounding pretty certain. Lots of interesting names on his list, including Wilson, Jean Eric Vergne, Abt, Simona, and even Kevin Magnussen. If he can add someone like Wilson, that would go a long way to helping Honda this year.

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/112268-indycar-andretti-aiming-for-5-car-honda-program

Dream Scenario would be McLaren funding a 5th car for "Traditions sake" (Cue photo ops with Johnny Rutherford and the McLaren at the IMS museum) and having Magnussen run.

Paint it in a bitching orange and blue color scheme, then call it a day.

I'm also an optimistic idiot.

All of those name intrigue me though. Every last one of them should have a ride at Indy IMO. I think Vergne has some serious talent, as does Magnussen. McLaren would be loving foolish not to keep him in house and give him poo poo to do during that time.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

If McLaren are teaming with anyone, it'd be Penske.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Minto Took posted:

...why

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

literally like half of penske's sponsors conflict with mclaren's

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
McLaren have sponsors?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

for real though if mclaren had anything to do with an indycar entry it would guaranteed be with a honda team, not one who happened to run the same livery

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Minto Took posted:

Is there reasoning for this beyond "They shared a sponsor 2 decades ago"?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Dudley posted:

Is there reasoning for this beyond "They shared a sponsor 2 decades ago"?

seriously, especially considering the hot poo poo Penske took on McLaren with the 917/30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cygni posted:

I think JEV is staying with Ferrari F1.

• Locked thread